Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th October 2023, 22:50   #11
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Depending on your situation they do have their uses. We used a very similar company about twelve years back to sell my wife's BMW X1. They offered £13k IIRC. On inspection all they could find fault with was the front tyres below 50% worn & as they were 'special' 🙄 tyres they knocked £600 off. Still that got it to £200 away from the dealer settlement price so we took it, paid the rest & got the thing out of our hair (though my wife did like the car). If we hadn't taken it we'd have had to make another monthly payment anyway so for us it made sense. Horses for courses.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2023, 09:48   #12
Sdeh
Avid contributor

Manual Rover 75 S Reg, Rover 75 Auto, Rover SD1 2300S,

Offered me 4k for a 2017 Mini Cooper Diesel 1.5 with the JCW body kit I paid 10k a few months earlier throw it on eBay and on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas
Sdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2023, 13:07   #13
grivas

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
has anyone ever used we buy any car?.i am coming to the end of my driving days now and will have to sell the old girl "ruby", is this company any good?. I just need advice. Thanks, john.
avoid!. Avoid, avoid.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2023, 14:19   #14
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

A workmate of mine was offered about £6400 for a Renault Van over the phone. After they inspected it about £1200 was deducted for various little defects, broken light, scratched wing mirror covers, a piece of missing trim etc.
He didn't use them in the end.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2023, 14:22   #15
Yorkshire GOC

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstrover View Post
My brother in law got a decent offer of his car (Renault) when he actually got the car there , the went over it with the finest of fine toothcombs , the final offer price was a fair bit lower than the original offer
That's how they earn commission - the more that is knocked off the original offer price is how the reps commission is calculated.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2023, 07:00   #16
mgzrjake
Loves to post

MG ZTT 135+ diesel, MGZS 180 saloon MK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
That's how they earn commission - the more that is knocked off the original offer price is how the reps commission is calculated.
I used to work for them in Stockport. So for every £100 less than the original offer via phone or email that the vehicle was purchased for I received £10 commission. So £1000 = £100 and so on. We also charge to buy the vehicle 🤦NAUGHTY WORD-♂️🤣 paper work and notifying DVLA this was also again price paid related the more your car was the more you were charged. It was a good number wages wise I left as I couldn’t stand the daily abuse from the sellers 🤣.
mgzrjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2023, 18:13   #17
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default we buy any car...

As everyone else has said; you put in your details and they give you a price. You take your pride and joy along and their resident expert walks round your car and notices that the 20 year old paintwork has a scratch or three and there are some parking dinks. The price falls at an alarming rate but you've already taken the time to have your Rover appraised and you can't be doing with the tyre kicking scammers and no-shows that populate ebay. Having arrived at a suitable derisory price, you are then told that if you want the money you will be charged a transfer fee (or insult to injury tax).
As I understand it, the vast majority of cars are sold off through 'Cinch' or British Car Auctions and if you have a modern(ish) car with mechanical issues then, as the 'inspection' doesn't incorporate a drive, you will probably do okay.
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2023, 18:34   #18
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

Many thanks for all the helpful replies. I will stay away from We buy any car. I got a quote from Car.co.uk offering £302 if the car has alloy wheels.When I bought the car I had the alloys changed for Crown wheels, which I liked, are these alloy?. If they are steel the offer goes down to £237. Thoughts anyone?. Thanks, John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2023, 22:02   #19
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

They do have there place, a mate got rid of his Quashqai after he had been quoted £5k as it needed a new engine, they offered him £12k and deducted £500 for some wheel damage, he was happy with that as it was only about £1k below what the dealer was selling good ones for.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2023, 22:22   #20
Matt_75
Gets stuck in

75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Many thanks for all the helpful replies. I will stay away from We buy any car. I got a quote from Car.co.uk offering £302 if the car has alloy wheels.When I bought the car I had the alloys changed for Crown wheels, which I liked, are these alloy?. If they are steel the offer goes down to £237. Thoughts anyone?. Thanks, John.
Crowns are indeed alloy wheels. Car.co.uk are a scrapping service are they not? Is there anything particularly wrong with your car? Even if there is, I'm sure you could get a bit more selling it privately.

2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 (BRG)
1999 Rover 75 Club 2.5 (Dorchester Red)
1973 Triumph Dolomite (Honeysuckle)
Matt_75 is offline   Reply With Quote