Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd December 2007, 20:16   #11
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Thanks kandyman...that looks a good deal...we have a 32" Toshiba and that has been great...
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 21:10   #12
nairda
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon ConnSE CDTi 2003 in luvverly Moonstone Green, van Aaken SmartBox/RoverRon Synergy

Although it's a plasma rather than a LCD, the PANASONIC TH-37PX70BA seems to have rave reviews.

Member No. 971
nairda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 21:32   #13
slickster
Gets stuck in

Firstly, if you haven't come across it yet, then this is pretty much the ultimate place for advice: http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91

After much searching and thinking we about 2 months ago went for a Samsung 37" LCD. Retailing, at the time in currys for £799 :SHOCKED: now showing £699 or £649 web offer.

We went through their sister site Dixons and it was £599! (now showing on their site for £574 ) And then I found several discount codes (from the AV site) and used my Egg card to get (5%) cashback, meant it came in just under £550.

Not sure if it fits your criteria, but we are pretty pleased with it as it was a (big) step up from the 18 years old 28" 4:3 that died...

Previously owned 75/ZTs:
Rover 75 4.6 V8 Conni SE Auto // MG ZT-T 260 4.6 V8 // R75 Conn SE 2.5 V6 Auto Vanden Plas (LWB)
01 '51' Rover 75 2.0 Diesel Conni Auto Tourer // 99 'T' Rover 75 2.5 Conni Auto

slickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:35   #14
MGOracle
Banned

MG ZT CDTi 135+

Samsung have held the lead in LCD Tvs and general screen technology for at least the last 2 years offering superior quality to Sony screens and better prices and more richly featured. You don't need full 1080p, its a gimmick. As long as the screen as display 1080 pixles your eye will see full HD.

Samsung are also sexyily stylish and can swivel on their bases (something some of the sony's can't even do).

Please dont get battered by the 'hasbeen' name that is now Sony.

LE37R87BDX for the Samsung. Dixons are selling the R88 online at £570 and offering 5% off and free delivery. The only difference is that the R88 has its power button on the side and is touch sensitive.
MGOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 16:20   #15
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Ok, so a toss-up between the Toshiba 37WLT68 or the Samsung LE37R88BDX
- the Panasonic is too expensive / not available sadly! Price is roughly £550 for either...any comments?
Old 4th December 2007, 16:21   #16
The Bear
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+ Commision No 000297

Well impressed with my 40" Samsung which i have wall mounted.
Old 4th December 2007, 16:26   #17
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Chaps - does anyone run a data projector for their viewing pleasure? I am given ti understand that a good data projector and a good quality screen will give really good definition pictures with of course a VERY wide screen.

Thoughts anyone? I am considering that route instead of a big plasma (IF and when I decide to start spending such amounts of money).

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 16:38   #18
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Chaps - does anyone run a data projector for their viewing pleasure? I am given ti understand that a good data projector and a good quality screen will give really good definition pictures with of course a VERY wide screen.

Thoughts anyone? I am considering that route instead of a big plasma (IF and when I decide to start spending such amounts of money).
Borrowed one from work...excellent...except for the noise of the fan
Old 4th December 2007, 16:40   #19
slickster
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

My two-peneth-worth:

Yes, I have a data projector. I bought a 1 year old projector, a surround sound system and the 'foldy down' (or up as it actually is) screen from a friend for under £200 (total retail nearer £1000) when he couldn't fit it in his new house...

It's brilliant for watching movies on and even the footy etc, but I wouldn't fancy using it day to day. You can project it onto a wall etc and get a pretty big screen, obviously limited by how far you can take the projector away from where you are projecting it to.

I wouldn't say it is worth it compared to a large Plasma/LCD. Ours, as most do, gives off quite a bit of fan noise, and runs pretty warm. Also for a complete set-up I think you would be better off sticking to the aforementioned.

Previously owned 75/ZTs:
Rover 75 4.6 V8 Conni SE Auto // MG ZT-T 260 4.6 V8 // R75 Conn SE 2.5 V6 Auto Vanden Plas (LWB)
01 '51' Rover 75 2.0 Diesel Conni Auto Tourer // 99 'T' Rover 75 2.5 Conni Auto

slickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 16:47   #20
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Thanks I think cost wise - all told - they would be comparable. I have used my one I have for work (it has a whisper mode and the fan is inaudible) to test and it was very good (don't have a screen though). What I am not sure of is viewing the screen in "daytime" ... I suppose its a try it and see??

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote