Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th July 2013, 10:37   #11
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singvogel View Post
Another vote for leaving it on auto - I never switch it off.

Some good folks need reminding that it is air-conditioning or if you want to sound up-market climate -control.

It is not just an air -cooler for warm/hot days.

Demisting windows, drying the air are all uses which have nothing to do with the outside temperature. I very rarely need to switch on the heated screen.

As for opening a window - I never thought of that.

In April and May this year I was in South Croatia with the temperature in the mid 30s - the system copes brilliantly with puddles of condensed water forming under the car every time you stop in traffic. Inside we were at a pleasant 22 degrees.

These are luxury cars - so why not pamper yourself and use the air-con.

Not using it would be like having a dish-washer and still wash dishes by hand.
I just leave mine on all the time, but I'm a bit of a fresh air fiend - I like the windows open, so when the CC is working overtime with the windows open, I switch to Econ.

I put a dishwasher in for SWMBO years ago, but she still continued to do the dishes by hand, because with so few, she said it wasn't worth turning it on

Our boiler died last week, so until I sort it, we have no hot water, suddenly the dishwasher has started to get used, because she finds it easier than boiling a kettle for hot water.

I'm not rushing to fix the boiler - we have an electric shower, the weather is warm and the water is still coming out of the hot tap tepid from the cylinder. She doesn't know it, but we have an immersion heater in the tank, for a backup to the boiler :-)

Looking for either a mains transformer for the control PCB, or a complete replacement PCB, or even a scrap PCB with a good transformer on it - for an Ideal Icos HE18, should anyone have one.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 18:58   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

the air con does not make much difference I'm left with a leak I guess. As I say I could almost watch the fuel gauge dropping. I did let the car run when I got home but could not see any leak. ho hum

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 19:31   #13
ChestersDad
Still 75less :-(

1988 Defender 90

Talking Oops!

On a Bentley one can't turn the AC off

ChestersDad is offline   Reply With Quote