Notices

Old 26th July 2011, 16:43   #11
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ros3 View Post
Well i have a brother who has worked for the Royal Mail for 25 year's. And here are some of the tip's he gave me.
1. Never write Fragile on a package. It's garanteed that it will get abused more. Just make sure it is well wraped.
2. Never write Please Dont Bend. Same reason as above.
3. When sending a card or letter. Seal all the edges with masking tape. This make's it imposible for the letter to "open by itself" and money ,cd's ect to fall out and get lost.
4. If you receve an open letter or package take it back to your local post office and demand they find out which postie delivered it and why they opened it. Letter's and packages which are open should never leave the depo. Meaning that the postie who delivered it must have opened it.
5. If a postie discovers that a letter or package is open while he is on his round's. He must return it to the depo and NOT post it. He should then leave you a card telling you where it is and when you can go to pick it up.
6. And lastly if you write a return address on a package. Always put a cross threw it. This tell's the postie that this is the return address and not the postal address.

Now i dont claim that these rules are written down in "the postie's handbook" or anything like that. But my brother has worked for the Royal mail for 25 year's and has seen it all going on. I have followed these rule's myself for some time now and have never had any trouble. And i use Ebay to post item's worldwide and still have never had any trouble.

I write these rule's here in the hope that they help someone out..
Thanks Ross. Did you get yours by the way????
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 16:49   #12
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Thanks Ross. Did you get yours by the way????
Got it today but havent had a chance to look at it yet. Will pm you tommorow.
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 20:19   #13
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

marvelous! I've just posted a parcel worth £1000 and wrote fragile on it

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 20:26   #14
Ros3
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post

That's unfortunate mate. It's like a red rag to a bull it's garanteed to get thrown about more. In the future just package it up better.
Old 26th July 2011, 21:01   #15
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Have saved this. Nice one Ross
Going to be starting up selling on ebaying soon.
Old 26th July 2011, 21:20   #16
Ros3
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Have saved this. Nice one Ross
Going to be starting up selling on ebaying soon.
Happy to help mate. I have been selling worldwide on Ebay now for just over a year. And by following some simple rule's it's been a good experience. Hope you enjoy it also.
Old 26th July 2011, 22:24   #17
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
It wasn't addressed to Amy Winehouse was it Mark?

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 06:01   #18
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The lady in the post office told me not to write fragile on a fragile parcel as she said it will be treated less carefully.
Best one i ever had on a package was...'FRAGILE....PLEASE THROW UNDERARM'

Eric
scouseeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 07:31   #19
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Well i have a brother who has worked for the Royal Mail for 25 year's. And here are some of the tip's he gave me.
1. Never write Fragile on a package. It's garanteed that it will get abused more. Just make sure it is well wraped.
2. Never write Please Dont Bend. Same reason as above.
3. When sending a card or letter. Seal all the edges with masking tape. This make's it imposible for the letter to "open by itself" and money ,cd's ect to fall out and get lost.
4. If you receve an open letter or package take it back to your local post office and demand they find out which postie delivered it and why they opened it. Letter's and packages which are open should never leave the depo. Meaning that the postie who delivered it must have opened it.
5. If a postie discovers that a letter or package is open while he is on his round's. He must return it to the depo and NOT post it. He should then leave you a card telling you where it is and when you can go to pick it up.
6. And lastly if you write a return address on a package. Always put a cross threw it. This tell's the postie that this is the return address and not the postal address.

Now i dont claim that these rules are written down in "the postie's handbook" or anything like that. But my brother has worked for the Royal mail for 25 year's and has seen it all going on. I have followed these rule's myself for some time now and have never had any trouble. And i use Ebay to post item's worldwide and still have never had any trouble.

Nice to know that these so called Postmen give a hoot about peoples property. I sincerely hope the saying "What goes around, comes around" takes effect here and they have lots of thier Mail damaged.

On a Positive note, I used to buy a lot of Vinyl Records on Ebay and other online sources. My postman was a typical Stereotype "Couldnt care less" Postie. He left £300 worth of Packed Vinyl records on my Doorstep in teh rain he didnt even bother knocking, Not very good . My next door neighbour was a postman and after he found out, he started to collect our Mail every day and hand deliver them to us after his shift. Its a shame not all Posties are that nice.

And I am sorry but the old addage "Well, they have a hard job" doesn't fit in here - If they don't like it, Quit.
Old 27th July 2011, 13:07   #20
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

My gran sent me a ten shilling note in a birthday card in 1962 and it still hasnt arrived yet , sent first class aswell grrrrrrrr.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote