Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th October 2014, 09:31   #11
raysy
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190+ 2.5v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangizmo View Post
Yes, Halfords were expensive, I just had a Sunday morning spare and they had them so I just paid it, I think some of the cheaper ones are quite crude, I like the way these sense when the engine is started and how they auto dim and the delayed off one at a time is neat too, as good as factory fitted really

Yea good thing about Halfords is they are open Sundays which is the time most of us get to play, great mods by the way well done
raysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 09:37   #12
Mangizmo
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysy View Post
Yea good thing about Halfords is they are open Sundays which is the time most of us get to play, great mods by the way well done
And they are really good at having things back/ exchanging if you have a problem
Mangizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 09:52   #13
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
And they are really good at having things back/ exchanging if you have a problem
only because they are well practiced at it..
Old 12th October 2014, 09:52   #14
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Looks good Vaughan. Any chance of a close up pic of the lights? I'm toying with the idea of installing a set of lamps on the front and would be interested to see how these are actually fitted..

Cheers.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 10:02   #15
Mangizmo
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
Looks good Vaughan. Any chance of a close up pic of the lights? I'm toying with the idea of installing a set of lamps on the front and would be interested to see how these are actually fitted..

Cheers.
Sure, check again in an hour or so, will post a few shots
Old 12th October 2014, 10:41   #16
Mangizmo
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post

Cheers.
Heres a couple of shots, lights screw into the plastic with self tappers1.jpg

Wires run up behind grille and supply needs to go to +ve on battery (you could probably do it neater than this), -Ve just goes to an earth point, I used a screw on the front but anywhere would do2.jpg

Yellow wire needs to be connected to the sidelight feed, a snap connector is supplied, this was easy and is invisible

Lights look great I think22.jpg
Old 12th October 2014, 10:57   #17
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Heres a couple of shots, lights screw into the plastic with self tappersAttachment 40921

Wires run up behind grille and supply needs to go to +ve on battery (you could probably do it neater than this), -Ve just goes to an earth point, I used a screw on the front but anywhere would doAttachment 40922

Yellow wire needs to be connected to the sidelight feed, a snap connector is supplied, this was easy and is invisible

Lights look great I thinkAttachment 40923

I agree, I think they look very good - and the fitting bracket looks tidy and solid as well.

I actually retrofitted fog lamps to my 1.8T auto some time ago - no fogs were fitted on these from factory as the driver side lamp position is used as an air duct for the auto box oil cooler instead. I'm now thinking that this duct would be better reinstated so as not to interfere with the original mechanics, but I'd prefer some lighting in that position as it looks just a little bare without - I think this would be a very good alternative, allowing the duct to be reinstated with nice looking lamps too..!

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but if anyone could suggest whether I could just cut the plugs off the fog lamp wiring and solder the wires on to these DRL's - leaving them operational on the fog light switch on the car - that would be real helpful (I know this doesn't leave them as DRL's technically)..

Thanks v much for posting and taking the pics..
Old 12th October 2014, 11:06   #18
Mangizmo
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

[QUOTE=

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but if anyone could suggest whether I could just cut the plugs off the fog lamp wiring and solder the wires on to these DRL's - leaving them operational on the fog light switch on the car - that would be real helpful (I know this doesn't leave them as DRL's technically)..

Thanks v much for posting and taking the pics..[/QUOTE]

If that's all you need them to do then I expect that a cheaper set of DRL would do, I think they are called signature lamps, these that I have bought have current sensing circuitry built in to turn them on when the engine starts but maybe you don't need all that if you just want to switch them on/off manually, should be straightforward and cost less, I know there are some really cheap ones on ebay

Last edited by Mangizmo; 12th October 2014 at 11:12..
Old 12th October 2014, 12:29   #19
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
If that's all you need them to do then I expect that a cheaper set of DRL would do, I think they are called signature lamps, these that I have bought have current sensing circuitry built in to turn them on when the engine starts but maybe you don't need all that if you just want to switch them on/off manually, should be straightforward and cost less, I know there are some really cheap ones on ebay
Thanks Vaughan, I actually like the look of these and as you say - you get what you pay for.
I wonder if directly using the fog lamp wiring to power them, would they stay on the high light setting or the low light setting when switched on?

You don't have a pic by any chance of them with the sidelights on?

Sorry!!
Old 12th October 2014, 12:55   #20
trimani
Passed Away

ROVER 75 V6 2Ltr 2001 AUTO / EMERALD MOTORBILITY SCOOTER

Hi Mangizmo

Well done on your Mods. Car looks great

Was there a relay with your Ring DRL's or is the circuitry all built into the lamps.

I want to add DRL's to my fog lights, and the way your DRL's operate sounds very good.

Question for any other peeps, Is there a relay available that would give the same (Dimming) results ?

trimani (Alf)
trimani is offline   Reply With Quote