Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th February 2011, 16:25   #11
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hiya. I did mine through MGRovercodes Ad, paid by paypal and received my code within an hour...Perfect.! Poppy
#

Thats the one i went on and they ask for a 14 digit seriel code starting with 2 letters. The guy sent me a seriel number with 17 digits

Not sure if he is trying it on as he has asked for a refund on it
Old 24th February 2011, 16:28   #12
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwh74 View Post
#

Thats the one i went on and they ask for a 14 digit seriel code starting with 2 letters. The guy sent me a seriel number with 17 digits

Not sure if he is trying it on as he has asked for a refund on it
Hiya. Well, i am truly gobsmacked at that.... ? I found Jon to be so helpful..... Poppy
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 16:29   #13
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

John

Get your buyer to take photos of the outside of the unit, so you can see all the numbers. Its not easy sometimes to work out which one is the serial number.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 16:30   #14
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Hiya. Well, i am truly gobsmacked at that.... ? I found Jon to be so helpful..... Poppy
Poppy, you misread Johns post. His customer sent a 17 digit code for the unit, not Jon @ mgrovercodes.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 18:35   #15
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Quote:
Sorry i meant to say the buyer has sent the wrong number

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
John

Get your buyer to take photos of the outside of the unit, so you can see all the numbers. Its not easy sometimes to work out which one is the serial number.
I have asked him for pic of stereo wanting code and seriel number. No reply since!!

We shall see what happens but if he leaves me negative feedback then i will be paying him a visit
Old 26th February 2011, 07:12   #16
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

UPdate

WEll he is now reporting me to ebay because i have not supplied the wiring to the changer ( never stated that it came with one ) and because he doesnt have a radio code.

Dear trickytrees74,

hi can u tell me wots happening with radio code and also lead went to fit it today and still requires radio code can get it unlocked in stoke for £15 will u send this as a refund to me and i will get it done my end and if we can come to an arrangment about lead or will maybe contacting ebay many thanks i have done everything u have asked

- rover75ajp
Reply in your email program or through My Messages

My question is this... How did he know it wanted a radio code if he only fitted it "today"?????

I have told him i will refund him the £15 he wants for a code when i get proof by pictures that it wants one. He cant even give me the proper seriel code for it.

Come on rover75ajp - are you a member on here, please let yourself be known to me
Old 26th February 2011, 07:36   #17
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

I have updated my Symphony/Lo Line nav unit with a DD. Whenever the battery has been disconnected in the past I never needed a code. I do have a Security Info card for the car showing the radio serial number and radio security code. The code number is only 4 digits.
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 07:50   #18
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
UPdate

WEll he is now reporting me to ebay because i have not supplied the wiring to the changer ( never stated that it came with one ) and because he doesnt have a radio code.

Dear trickytrees74,

hi can u tell me wots happening with radio code and also lead went to fit it today and still requires radio code can get it unlocked in stoke for £15 will u send this as a refund to me and i will get it done my end and if we can come to an arrangment about lead or will maybe contacting ebay many thanks i have done everything u have asked

- rover75ajp
Reply in your email program or through My Messages

My question is this... How did he know it wanted a radio code if he only fitted it "today"?????

I have told him i will refund him the £15 he wants for a code when i get proof by pictures that it wants one. He cant even give me the proper seriel code for it.

Come on rover75ajp - are you a member on here, please let yourself be known to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by madone View Post
I have updated my Symphony/Lo Line nav unit with a DD. Whenever the battery has been disconnected in the past I never needed a code. I do have a Security Info card for the car showing the radio serial number and radio security code. The code number is only 4 digits.
Sorry to hear of your problems selling the Symphony etc on eBay John.

The one I fitted into my last 75 wasn't code enabled even though it came with the security information card.

Just wondering, did you ever need to disconnect the battery on your car whilst the Symphony was fitted into it? If so, you know the answer to the question as to who's telling porkies. If not you're doing all that the buyer can expect, however if he brings eBay into the loop they do tend to err on the side of the buyer.

Hope you get it sorted out mate.

Cheers
Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 08:34   #19
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems selling the Symphony etc on eBay John.

The one I fitted into my last 75 wasn't code enabled even though it came with the security information card.

Just wondering, did you ever need to disconnect the battery on your car whilst the Symphony was fitted into it? If so, you know the answer to the question as to who's telling porkies. If not you're doing all that the buyer can expect, however if he brings eBay into the loop they do tend to err on the side of the buyer.

Hope you get it sorted out mate.

Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim

Yes the battery was disconnected a couple of times, when clutch was being done and when i changed the starter motor, Not once has it ever asked for a code. Its the guy dodging around proving that it needs a code which makes me very suspisious!!

I will just await his reply and if ebay get involved then so be it i guess

Thanks JOhn
Old 26th February 2011, 09:54   #20
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Hi Jim

Yes the battery was disconnected a couple of times, when clutch was being done and when i changed the starter motor, Not once has it ever asked for a code. Its the guy dodging around proving that it needs a code which makes me very suspisious!!

I will just await his reply and if ebay get involved then so be it i guess

Thanks JOhn

Well knowing that information makes me believe that the buyers trying a fast one........it cannot be code enabled so whats his game.....

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Cheers
Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote