Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th December 2008, 07:42   #11
Andrey
Regular poster

2004 Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Auto Contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly3164 View Post
Hi everyone, i am having a bit of trouble opening both rear doors on my car, a rover 75 SE classic 1.8, when i press my fob twice all the pins on the doors pop up no problem but i can only open the drivers door and the passenger door, the two rear doors just stay locked, now the car has been stood for a while and the chap i got it off said that he only ever used the front doors as it was a second car that never got used, could they just be jammed on the mechanism through non usage?, if there is anybody in my area who could have a look i would gladly give a small cash donation. Thanks. Neil
Hi, everyone! I have the same problem with the both front doors. The problem is that it cant be opened niether from the outside nor from inside. The locking knob is working ok. The central lock works ok, but the doors are still closed. How can i open the dors in such situation? Many thanks,
Andrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 19:00   #12
TAM HOBBS

ROVER 75 SALOON

Default Rear Doors

I have the same problem with my back door, I discovered a small plastic part (white)that the door handle pulls on, this causes it to swivel and pull up a rod that opens the door, the plastic arm had snaped off. I am in the process of manufacturing a new one.
Also the pull rod can become detached, If the child locks are off and can be opened from the inside, remove the panel and get someone to try the door while you have a look
Old 16th December 2008, 05:47   #13
Andrey
Regular poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM HOBBS View Post
I have the same problem with my back door, I discovered a small plastic part (white)that the door handle pulls on, this causes it to swivel and pull up a rod that opens the door, the plastic arm had snaped off. I am in the process of manufacturing a new one.
Also the pull rod can become detached, If the child locks are off and can be opened from the inside, remove the panel and get someone to try the door while you have a look
Thank you very much, i know about this plastic part, but the problem is that the doors cannot be opened niether from inside nor from outside. I have to use rear doors only to enter the car( How the front doors may be opened?
Old 16th December 2008, 07:54   #14
nelly3164

rover 75 1.8 SE classic

if its anything like mine it is costing me for 2 new door lock motors £60 each plus vat, the motors had seized.
nelly3164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 10:11   #15
Andrey
Regular poster

Quote:
if its anything like mine it is costing me for 2 new door lock motors £60 each plus vat, the motors had seized.
Yes. It looks like yours. I'm ready to change the motors, but how can i open the doors without breaking them? Maybe i need to go to special Rover service and they know how to do it?
Old 16th December 2008, 10:20   #16
nelly3164

rover 75 1.8 SE classic

luckily my garage had the ways and means to open the doors without ruining or removing any door trim, i dont know how as long as they did it, and its not a rover garage, they just said they have had a lot of experience with stuck/seized doors and have had to do it on rover 75's before.
nelly3164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 10:25   #17
Andrey
Regular poster

Quote:
luckily my garage had the ways and means to open the doors without ruining or removing any door trim, i dont know how as long as they did it, and its not a rover garage, they just said they have had a lot of experience with stuck/seized doors and have had to do it on rover 75's before.
Understood. Thanks. On Saturday will go to special service. Lets see what they will say. If it is interesting i will inform on results.
Old 16th December 2008, 20:23   #18
stuart080973
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE Auto 2000 2.5L V6 British Racing Green

Quote:
Its the old think about cars, if you dont use them you loss them, You need to regularly open all doors and spay with white grease or WD40.

These things need to be done or you loss it, My father is a Mechanic so i have loads of help, he also recomends greasing the hinges and the boot locks and bonnet locks, make sure you can get into the car.
stuart080973 is offline   Reply With Quote