Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd July 2013, 22:38   #11
eurorover
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

And that is it for how many years? The 75 and ZT enthusiasts put more towards the gears and so did just 75's........
eurorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:43   #12
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurorover View Post
And that is it for how many years? The 75 and ZT enthusiasts put more towards the gears and so did just 75's........
A predictable and interminable response.

There is just no pleasing some people.
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:02   #13
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurorover View Post
.....and my Dad's bigger than yours...........what's this got to do with the OP's question

Last edited by vindaloo; 23rd July 2013 at 08:11..
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 09:26   #14
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
what's this got to do with the OP's question
Thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
I am very pleased to be the RS for the North West, and pleased with the support from the club too.

We (the North West members) organise meets, that are freely advertised on here, the club allows us to promote them as much as we please, disclaimers a plenty obviously, but only to protect the club.

Our meets nearly always have a £0 outlay and rely on regularly attending members and new members coming and going too. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is friendly enough and many choose to come along whenever possible.

Everybody there is aware it is an unofficial meet, and that they are responsible for their actions and safety. There is no charge for entry, but we do encourage people to go into the pub and buy food and drink as they let us use their car park for free. We have tools and spares out at almost every meet. There is no need for insurance, or club official meet status, this wouldn't change the turnout, or what happens there. If anything it my put some off as we couldn't have the tools out!

As an RS, all I have to spend to organise an event that has to be paid for by the members is maybe some of my time, a few phone calls and maybe some emails. It is the least I can do to support this great club.

Recently, the Charity Event that we organised in the North West attracted almost 70 vehicles and over 80 people, raising almost £1800. The club kindly offered to allow the sale of club merchandise with 50% going to charity, the club also donated some raffle prizes too, people say that the club doesn't give anything back to the members, I contest this whole heartedly.

In Summary, there is nothing wrong with the RS structure or how it runs. Quiet areas are simply down to an idle RS.
Nice to see you do well & thanks for the info.

From this & other replies things are a lot clearer, asked the question as i kept reading the disclaimer on things & couldn't quite get my headround it (age thing). With the support it seems that "if you ask you'll get"(well something anyway) which is fair enough.

As today we have a "claim for anything culture" i was wondering how people went about covering their backsides incase i ever decided to organise anything

Regards

Paul
Old 23rd July 2013, 23:46   #15
MattyC
Gets stuck in

MG6 1.8 Turbo TSE in Burnt Orange

Quote:
Quiet areas are simply down to an idle RS.
Or also idle members!

I think there is certain regions (like ours) that are really lucky to have really dedicated RS's and people around them, as well as committed members who will turn up to as many meets as possible.

Our meets are held in an absolutely fantastic location, pretty much central and easy for most to get to within the north west (though I guess for members in Blackpool and the like, it is still quite far, but it's just the distance the NW region covers that causes that), the pub are welcoming and to a degree enthusiastic about meets as it boosts their trade so it's a win-win on both counts.

Then we have members who get "stuck in" and sort all manner of issues out on other cars, members who raid scrapyards and ebay and supply parts that most members (like myself) are not always in a position to get ahold of (my reason being I'm too lazy!), and members who have owned these cars for so long, of every variant, and are a total wealth of knowledge regarding them. Of course it helps also, that the chaps at our meets are all smashing blokes, very welcoming to all newcomers, and create some fab banter and atmosphere.

I've been to a couple of meets organised by the midlands section recently, and to be totally honest, the atmosphere, banter and overall meets are pretty much the same, though the Nano meet I attended was like a mega-meet, despite its name lol. Everyone always wanting to help each other, make everyone feel welcome, enjoy some banter etc...

I also attend the .org Merseyside meets which have been running for over 5 years now (and I was apparently a founding member, even though my first meet was their 3rd meet lol) and I can say the same about that as well.

I think the regions that don't have quite the same structure, can only be because it's for whatever reason, harder to gain the initial interest or attendance. It's quite disheartening I'm sure, for the organisers, when they spend time arranging a meet, only for less than a handful of people to turn up. I remember when I attended the 3rd .org Merseyside meet, it was actually the last chance saloon, because the organiser was going to stop had it not been for myself and another member turning up, as the first two meets attracted zero people. But after the third meet, he became a lot more positive about it, and they've now run 60+ monthly meets since. It's simply about sticking with it, and eventually you will get traction.

I know in the NW section (I'm still a relative newbie within the group, my first meet was only last September) we've had "quiet" turn-outs during the time I've been there, but Rich and those around him, have never given up or been any less enthusiastic about the group. Indeed one of the most bizarre meets was the January Wednesday night meet IIRC, where 20+ people turned out to enjoy a pub meet on a frozen winters evening!

I'm sure all the quiet area's need to do is to keep at it, keep plugging away on the forums, and eventually more and more will turn out. I'm hoping to help the Yorkshire section of .org build-up a regular meet, simply by turning up with a few peeps from the Merseyside meet when they have them. Yes it's a 2 hour drive out of my way, but it's people turning up that will help build the community, plus photo's of cars in the threads all help etc, and entice others to pop along and see what it's all about.

Too all those who make the meets around the country happen, especially the organisers, I for one salute you!

Mods: 17" meteor wheels | Steve916's Auto boot lifters | Leather electric memory seats | Dynavin Android DD Headunit | MG7 grille (was a V8 grille, long story!) | SEAT Leon Cupra splitter (colour coded) | ZT sideskirts | BigRuss/marinabrian 160 remap | Roverron Synergy 2A | Arctics Modified Handbrake Compensator

Thanks to those who've helped, providing advice and info, supplying/manufacturing parts, even fitting things for me!
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 11:25   #16
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
I am very pleased to be the RS for the North West, and pleased with the support from the club too.

We (the North West members) organise meets, that are freely advertised on here, the club allows us to promote them as much as we please, disclaimers a plenty obviously, but only to protect the club.

Our meets nearly always have a £0 outlay and rely on regularly attending members and new members coming and going too. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is friendly enough and many choose to come along whenever possible.

Everybody there is aware it is an unofficial meet, and that they are responsible for their actions and safety. There is no charge for entry, but we do encourage people to go into the pub and buy food and drink as they let us use their car park for free. We have tools and spares out at almost every meet. There is no need for insurance, or club official meet status, this wouldn't change the turnout, or what happens there. If anything it my put some off as we couldn't have the tools out!

As an RS, all I have to spend to organise an event that has to be paid for by the members is maybe some of my time, a few phone calls and maybe some emails. It is the least I can do to support this great club.

Recently, the Charity Event that we organised in the North West attracted almost 70 vehicles and over 80 people, raising almost £1800. The club kindly offered to allow the sale of club merchandise with 50% going to charity, the club also donated some raffle prizes too, people say that the club doesn't give anything back to the members, I contest this whole heartedly.

In Summary, there is nothing wrong with the RS structure or how it runs. Quiet areas are simply down to an idle RS.

I thinkto say that a quiet area implies a lazy RS is very unfair you happen to live in a geographical area with a high level rover owners, other RTS's are not as fortunate as you Scotland is one instance where RS's are trying all the time to get meets going in areas where there are few members who are spread far and wide. I ilive in a city over over 7 million people but getting meets going on a regular basis is very hard ask any of our recently appointed RS's. The midlands and up to the borders with albion is fortunate to have a high level of rover owners and ones eho are very active in a way I can envy, but do not be so quick to imply others are not trying their hardest to emulate your success
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 14:35   #17
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
I thinkto say that a quiet area implies a lazy RS is very unfair you happen to live in a geographical area with a high level rover owners, other RTS's are not as fortunate as you Scotland is one instance where RS's are trying all the time to get meets going in areas where there are few members who are spread far and wide. I ilive in a city over over 7 million people but getting meets going on a regular basis is very hard ask any of our recently appointed RS's. The midlands and up to the borders with albion is fortunate to have a high level of rover owners and ones eho are very active in a way I can envy, but do not be so quick to imply others are not trying their hardest to emulate your success
Well put Mike
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote