Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th May 2013, 10:31   #11
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Sorry pete no intention of stepping on anyones toes, it may all come to naught in the end, T4 is well catered for in your region via the excellent
Phil T4 and of course some small jobs do get done on the MK site

It just seemed to me and a few others that if the midlands and northern regions can make it work for them perhaps we could do the same fown south, or is it their cars are more unreliable than ours only joking guys.

You do sterling work in organizing things as you do for both south central and south east and its greatly appreicated. Im sure your wife would be delighted if your burden was reduced, but as I say it may come to nothing if the members do not indicate some desire for this type of meet

Best to you both

Mike
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 18:21   #12
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Did not think you were trying to step on anyones toes mate

I am all for people arranging meets in there area, you dont have to be an RS to do so... If you have an idea for a meet and can set it up, then set one up and post it in the relevent region

If you want any help then ask the RS of that region, I for one would be more than willing to follow up on someones idea, if they feel they can't take it any further

Pete

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 18:29   #13
Woof25
Passed Away

Thanks Pete
I know you are always willing to help others and I have had the benefit of that at MK, I have checked out the map and know the boudaries of london and the south now all we need now is a RS. I was wondering if there was any mileage in seeing if we could get a meet at West Wycombe Park, bit of a busmans for you I know but with a new baby you wil lbe surprized where the time goes and how tired you get at times lol maybe I will the NT a ring to see if its feasible without breaking the bank & The Dehavilland Museum is on my list to check out.
Will keep you posted if any event will be in your area I promise right time to go

Mike
Old 21st May 2013, 07:18   #14
Yeti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT190+, MG ZT-T Diesel

Woof25, I have offered my services as a RS for the area concerned. I live in Guildford and am just about to be made redundant next month. I will need to find another job, so setting up meetings, may take a bit of doing, but sure it could be done. I would be interested in starting up meets at The Star in Leatherhead with occasional ones at The Frog And Wicket etc. The Star is easier for me to get to, also good car park, good food, good beer. Just waiting for the people in charge to say yes or no now. Cheers. Vinnie
Old 21st May 2013, 07:39   #15
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAGS MCC View Post
Woof25, I have offered my services as a RS for the area concerned. I live in Guildford and am just about to be made redundant next month. I will need to find another job, so setting up meetings, may take a bit of doing, but sure it could be done. I would be interested in starting up meets at The Star in Leatherhead with occasional ones at The Frog And Wicket etc. The Star is easier for me to get to, also good car park, good food, good beer. Just waiting for the people in charge to say yes or no now. Cheers. Vinnie
Hi Vinnie, send Simondi a PM he is the guy to talk to
and I wish you every success
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Last edited by windrush; 21st May 2013 at 08:09..
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 10:51   #16
Woof25
Passed Away

I think its excellent that you are considering taking on the RS job vince I had a thought that perhaps the area should be divided into theSouth comprising Hampshire & Surrey and London & Berkshire as the other section, London in itself presents many issues which might be served by having a seperate RS, all this is merely the thoughts of a small fluffy dog !!

T do hope you are successful in finding a new position, I know its hard in these times, but I wish you every good luck with the job hunt and the RS job.

Mike
Old 21st May 2013, 10:53   #17
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
I think its excellent that you are considering taking on the RS job vince I had a thought that perhaps the area should be divided into theSouth comprising Hampshire & Surrey and London & Berkshire as the other section, London in itself presents many issues which might be served by having a seperate RS, all this is merely the thoughts of a small fluffy dog !!

T do hope you are successful in finding a new position, I know its hard in these times, but I wish you every good luck with the job hunt and the RS job.

Mike
I agree Mike I also think that London should have its own RS
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 10:56   #18
Woof25
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
I agree Mike I also think that London should have its own RS

Well thats two of us at least lets see if anyone else agrees with us !!

watch this space for eruptions or total indifference LOL

Mike
Old 21st May 2013, 10:57   #19
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post

Mike
Personally I see no reason to split things up and increase the numbers of RS posts, as we have vacancies for the ones we have now (generally speaking). However there is nothing stopping localised meets from being arranged by members, with larger meets organised by the relevant RS.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 11:05   #20
Woof25
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Personally I see no reason to split things up and increase the numbers of RS posts, as we have vacancies for the ones we have now (generally speaking). However there is nothing stopping localised meets from being arranged by members, with larger meets organised by the relevant RS.
Well as I said Ian it was only my musings but some regions are either large in area or population ,and in these times when money is tight I dont think a member should have to go more than 50 miles tops to a 'local' meet national meets we expect to travel farther, so the idea of having several local sites for meetings within a reduced area seems a reasonable thing to me, but again only my thoughts all are welcome to disagree or present their own ideas for the region

Mike