Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd August 2014, 21:37   #11
Mothman
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive;1766 417
I had spotted these but dare not post them in case anyone was watching them

Steve
Anyone doing an ebay search for 'Rover 75 Towing Mirrors' will find them, they're not exactly a big secret.
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 21:54   #12
Mothman
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire View Post
Hi again,
I believe you've just bought a Gobur Carousel folding caravan, do you really need caravan mirrors. I've no idea how wide your folder is, but if it's wider than the car and obstructs rearward vision you may well need them. Was just wondering that's all
Martyn
Hi Martyn, ours will be a standard width Carousel which I believe are 6'10" wide and so slightly wider than a 75.
Rich
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2014, 22:00   #13
Billy1mate
Posted a thing or two

120d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
There a set of upgraded ones on the bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1312702294...84.m1423.l2649
Mirror overload!
Billy1mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 07:30   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I have the milenco ones. also picked up a spare set with a carry bag at the car boot sale for £4. The only problem I find with them is the fitting between the cars glass mirror and outer casing is not enough to slot the milenco fitting in between. I have to tile the cars mirrors down. I got a pair of car mirror glasses from the scrap yard and I'm going to see if I can create a couple of slots in them to allow for the milenco fitting.

I find the towing mirrors steady enough

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 07:54   #15
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

In any case of towing you should be able to sit in the drivers seat and clearly see down both sides of the trailer been towed.
Failure to be able to do this may be deemed as an offence and in the event of an incident may invalidate your insurance, I am sure all policies have a clause where the driver and vehicle must be fully compliant to UK legislation.

On a general note, I prefer to look in my mirrors and observe what is approaching from behind well before it creeps past my caravan, especially in the event of high sided vehicles, sometimes I have found that if I feel they are at speed and close to my van I can prevent any 'sudden unaware movement' after all it only takes a second to loose a unit.

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
kc13661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 22:37   #16
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I have a set of brand new towing mirrors for sale in here
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=185986, I bought them in emergency as the ones I had were sucked off by the vacuum created by a speeding wagon coming towards me. I think they are the same make as Harry mentioned, designed for square rectangular mirrors, but if you do the modification he mentioned, it should be ok. The mirror arms are metal btw and have two clamps which go on to the top of the mirror casing, and two straps that slide on the arm and clip to the bottom of the mirror casing. They also have the blind spot type glass.

Last edited by RPWC; 26th August 2014 at 22:42.. Reason: Additional info
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 07:23   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I have a set of brand new towing mirrors for sale in here
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=185986, I bought them in emergency as the ones I had were sucked off by the vacuum created by a speeding wagon coming towards me. I think they are the same make as Harry mentioned, designed for square rectangular mirrors, but if you do the modification he mentioned, it should be ok. The mirror arms are metal btw and have two clamps which go on to the top of the mirror casing, and two straps that slide on the arm and clip to the bottom of the mirror casing. They also have the blind spot type glass.
Sorry, but your description of 'metal arms' makes them different to mine.

Each of my mirrors has 4 hooks molded into the arms, two top, two bottom, on an arm top and bottom. The arms are plastic, which was what made it so easy to heat them up to bend them, to enable the hooks to match the curve of my mirror head.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 18:12   #18
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Sorry, but your description of 'metal arms' makes them different to mine.

Each of my mirrors has 4 hooks molded into the arms, two top, two bottom, on an arm top and bottom. The arms are plastic, which was what made it so easy to heat them up to bend them, to enable the hooks to match the curve of my mirror head.
Sounds similar to the one in my box of assorted bits that I got off Waanty,they are straight arms and have rubber straps that go round the back of the car mirror casing? I know the type you mean, so do you not think doing the same with the ones I have would work in a similar way if the arm was heated and bent?
Old 27th August 2014, 21:00   #19
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Sounds similar to the one in my box of assorted bits that I got off Waanty,they are straight arms and have rubber straps that go round the back of the car mirror casing? I know the type you mean, so do you not think doing the same with the ones I have would work in a similar way if the arm was heated and bent?
Possibly, it depends if you can bend the metal arm enough.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 22:00   #20
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Possibly, it depends if you can bend the metal arm enough.
Should be easy enough if it's heated, not going to try it though, as I want to sell these, they are brand new and want to keep them as such.