Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th October 2009, 16:20   #11
gert
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 man.

Hi Andrew

there must be a mistake with the age of your wife. She must be much younger...

You are invited to celebrate her birthday in Germany with a crowd of crazy people, you know some of them!

Nevertheless we will see you both next time!

Regards

Gert
gert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 21:44   #12
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Default Ouch - that hurt!!

You old smoothie Gert.....

The good lady was not amused and has given me a good thumping for revealing her secret.

However it's not all bad news, I mixed up the date of her birthday with our wedding anniversary, 6th June, Wedding Anniversary, 15th June Wendys' Birthday, so we may well be able to make it after all.

The fact that I forgot it was our wedding anniversasry has not gone down too well though.

Andrew
Lovingly cared for, since 2000
The Yellow Peril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 23:04   #13
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril View Post
You old smoothie Gert.....

The good lady was not amused and has given me a good thumping for revealing her secret.

However it's not all bad news, I mixed up the date of her birthday with our wedding anniversary, 6th June, Wedding Anniversary, 15th June Wendys' Birthday, so we may well be able to make it after all.

The fact that I forgot it was our wedding anniversasry has not gone down too well though.

Andrew
Sounds to me that that you are treading a very thin line there Andrew!
justmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 19:42   #14
gert
Avid contributor

First events are already booked!

Very special adventures and one of them you can't see anywhere else on this planet.

No details yet because participants should be surprised

Don't forget:

june 3rd until june 6th 2010 in the Ruhr Area

Regards

Gert
Old 10th October 2009, 17:21   #15
majedm75

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

Hopefully, we'll be there (if I'm in Europe on this period)
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 09:36   #16
gert
Avid contributor

U P D A T E

End of november the complete program incl. all details will be published on

http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name...&p=55101#55101

And of course you can sign up for this event on our website.

Don't miss that! Interesting facts, rare experiences, fun and much more guaranteed for everyone.

Please have a new look there at the end of november!

Regards

Gert
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:17   #17
gert
Avid contributor

Ladies and gentlemen, the program for our great meeting:

Tour de Ruhr
Great international Rover 75 and MG ZT meeting
2010-06-03 until 2010-06-06
Provisional program and other details

Thursday 2010-06-03
Arrival of participants around 5 p.m. at the hotel “Elbschetal” in Wengern/Wetter a. d. Ruhr

http://www.elbschetal.de/deutsch/default.htm

Costs for accomodation incl. Breakfast ist o be paid by every participant for ist own!

Welcome, presentation of the program. Buffet-lunch (included in attendance fee!), get-together, open end.

Friday, 2010-06-04
Have a good night’s rest, take your breakfast unhurriedly. A little walk around through the lovely village of Wengern. We intentional didn’t plan this morning because the official part of the day will start at 12 o’clock. An alternative to the walk around in Wengern could be visiting the Henrichshütte in Hattingen

http://www.lwl.org/LWL/Kultur/wim/po...hattingen/ort/

At that place all participants will meet at 12 o’clock. From Hattingen we will cruise to the first attraction of the meeting in the town of Wuppertal. At 3 p.m. we will enter a historical means of transport. The trip will last around 1 ½ hour and a local guide will explain to you all the things you will see (included in attendance fee!).
After leaving this special vehicle convoy to a restaurant where a special will be served (included in attendance fee!). Take care, this meal is in deed opulent!
Take your time while walking through Wuppertal or just what you want.
In the evening we will meet again at the hotel in Wengern for a get-together once more. In case someone really should have more appetite the menu card of the hotel is very large (please pay for yourself!). Open end.

Saturday, 2010-06-05
Today you will have to get up a bit earlier because we are applied to the mining museum at the city of Bochum

http://www.bergbaumuseum.de/start.html

Under guidance we will visit underground mining just 20 meters below. Experience tho how to of cole mining in the past and today. This guided tour will last about 1 ½ hour (included in attendance fee!).
After the “underground tour” there is some time to visit the rest of this museum.
The next highlight is waiting! Drive the river Ruhr. We will share into two groups: the one group will park their cars there and the second group will take the first group on board of their cars. Drive some miles upstream. On the bank of the river Ruhr we will enter another exceptional vehicle which will bring us slowly downstream. Drinks and a lunch package will be served on board (included in attendance fee!).
This trip will take place also in bad weather so please make sure you have the right outfit and some dry wear in your car in case of rain.
At our destination the second group will take the first group back to their cars. Convoi to the hotel in Wengern. Some time to rest and at 7 p.m. a bus will take us to Witten (included in attendance fee!).
Barbecue and drinks (included in attendance fee!) will be served round the workshops of

Autohaus Bartick / Schroeder Fahrzeugtechnik

http://www.mgrover-bartzick.de/

and EK Fahrzeugtechnik

http://www.identica-ek.de/

Whenever you want to return to the hotel a shuttle service (included in attendance fee!) will be available.

Sunday, 2010-06-06
The last day but not the end. At 10 o’clock drive to the city of Essen the cultural capital of Europe 2010. We will visit the World Heritage Site “Zollverein”

http://www.zollverein.de/

At 11 o’clock guided tour about “miners and cole” at pit no XII. Today you will see the parts of a pit above ground (included in attendance fee!). This tour will last around 2 hours.
After the tour we will wind up the meeting. Those of you who have to drive home now may start their journey here. Those of you who still have some time stay here to look at a number of interesting exhibitions.

This provisional program may be changed at any time due to the number of participants that will be necessary for some events and of course due to act of god and other reasons we can’t know today.

As you may see we created a package we hope you all will like it. Our plan was to offer an “all inclusive” program including meals on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, all entrance fees and transportation fees as described above. Only the costs for your accommodation at the hotel in Wengern and drinks during the meals except on Saturday you have to pay for your own.

Attendance fee was calculated to ca. 180,- EUR per person. This however depends on the number of participants. Be sure, that’s the maximum.

Time of application will start with publication of this program and will end on 2009-12-31. Not till then we will be able to name the concrete price. On 2010-01-01 we will send an Email to all participants who has subscribed the “TreffenTOOL” on our website here with every detail, bank account for your attendance fee, the whole program etc. Everyone who has paid his attendance fee until 2010-01-15 will get a confirmation via Email and hence is obliging booked for the meeting. Everyone from abroad EURO-land can also pay via Paypal.
In case there will be an overplus in our calculation we will decide in common what to do with this money. Refund to you, donation to Club Seventyfive or whatever, it’s your decision.

Liability is excluded for the organizers, Schroeder Fahrzeugtechnik and Club Seventyfive a.s.b.l.

Let’s start it – NOW!

Register now for your attendance on www.r75.info !
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me by PM.

Regards

Gert

Last edited by gert; 22nd November 2009 at 16:38..
Old 22nd November 2009, 18:42   #18
majedm75

Quote:
Originally Posted by majedm75 View Post
Hopefully, we'll be there (if I'm in Europe on this period)
Great program you got there Gert! As I said above, I sincerly hope I'll be in Europe at that time.
I have a question though: can one arrive on Friday evening or Saturday morning and do the rest of the program? How does the booking go as such?
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:10   #19
gert
Avid contributor

Hi Majed

of course is arrival on Friday or Saturday possible, but the problem may be that

1. you will miss the events on Friday
2. our calculation of the attendance fee was based on joining the whole meet

Nevertheless there will be a way. Let's talk about that as soon we will know how many participants will join us. This should be at the end of december.

Regards

Gert
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:55   #20
majedm75

Hi Gert and thanks for your reply. I shall follow this thread very carefully and give you a final answer on my arrival as soon as I have some more visibility on my presence in Europe (France) next year :lol: