Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th August 2010, 14:44   #11
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

If a business doesn't deliver what it claims to do then very quickly people will get fed up and go elsewhere. I believe the same applys to a certain extent here.

There are now plenty of MG Rover sites on the Internet catering for the marques in general such as MG Rover.Org and for our cars specifically such as the 75 ZT community. What makes this site different is that it's an owners club and therefore occupies it's own place in the 'market' as it were.

I now feel that the definition of a 'club' is in certain aspects untrue. A club is a large group of people that are all united by a common interest. Ours of course being the Rover 75 & MG ZT. Everyone that is a member of the club has I am sure supported it at one time or another either by subscribing or by purchasing something from the club shop.

Now it seems that supporters of the club and their concerns are being treated like fools by it's Directors. How difficult is it to reply to a couple of messages from people wishing to volunter their time or services? If the directors are really that busy so that then can't spare a few minutes on the site then maybe they should look at whether they are still in a position to control the site or whether it is time to take on another director. I am annoyed at the principles that have been eroded of late! Principles such as honesty!

If the membership packs for example are really causing such problems then why still promise them to newly subscribed members!

Also why are we still in the dark about the NEC Classic Car show in November?

Why are we still in a position that we don't know if and when a national meet is going to take place!

So in summary...

Dear Directors
Please stop taking the membership for granted! We bank roll this club so we don't appreciate being treated like fools!

Last edited by Rabett_Rover; 19th August 2010 at 15:09.. Reason: Spelling
Old 19th August 2010, 15:04   #12
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Well said Lewis. Maybe they should hand over the -club- to others who are more interested in it...
Old 19th August 2010, 15:08   #13
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Can we not buy it off them? If everyone become a shareholder and paid 10 fine english pounds towards the company, rather than pay subs, is that possible?

Jake
Old 19th August 2010, 15:17   #14
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Could do I suppose, depends on how much they think it´s worth. Over here nearly all the car clubs are run by the members and the financial bit of it is regulated by the general meeting. All prceeds (if any) go to a charity if the club should fold. I think it´s a good idea as no-one can embezle, even if they wanted to. The secretary of the Swedish Volvo PV club was caught with his hand in the till (which he had been doing for a number of years I believe), he´s serving his sentence at the moment. This kind of thing is VERY rare....
Old 19th August 2010, 15:33   #15
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I run a company now and again and when I do it is when the directors wish to take holidays or a back seat. I know they have made plenty of money. Maybe it is the same here, handling the running to the mods?

This is indeed a huge forum. I belong to other MG Rover forums like many here. Competition is of course healthy, as are choices.

I can't see it folding.

All the points made will be a painful, short and sharp shock particularly to those who feel they have not done anything wrong.

Perhaps the directors can meet and review all annoyances.

Rightfully stated, it is the membership which pays for the success it has.

The moderators can only do so much. I believe I am right in saying that they are not paid, but give their time and experience for free and is no easy task.

Onwards and Upwards

GK
Old 19th August 2010, 16:03   #16
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Indeed we are not paid we do this because we love our club and want to see it flourish,its not the easiest job to do at times but we get there !
Old 19th August 2010, 16:05   #17
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

why don't we start a thread on a managment buy out then
Old 19th August 2010, 16:07   #18
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1983 View Post
Indeed we are not paid we do this because we love our club and want to see it flourish,its not the easiest job to do at times but we get there !
yes we do this job fro free and tbh it does take up a lot of time, but its one i am glad to do and will do so for as long as i am wanted. oi, watch those tomatoes will ya
Old 19th August 2010, 16:23   #19
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
Anyway, cast your mind back a while, there has been eruptions about threads being locked & deleted many times under the stewardship of the old Mods. Some quite heated, and some resulting in folk being banned for no apparent reason. MGOracle & Tourerfogey ring any bells?

I can't comment on PMs, as I've not sent any.

Sorry, not funny, even with smilies.
Re Tourerfogey, in actual fact he was banned, for life...by Pete.

A buy-out...great idea......if they'd sell.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:41   #20
gefary
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Instead of a buy out, why not start your own club.
Or has that already been done
Closed Thread