Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th April 2012, 16:24   #11
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
When I got home from POL, my missus said " I would've liked to have gone with you" A week earlier she said she didn't want to go " Boring car stuff" she said.
You can't win

That means 'I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than go with you BUT you're supposed to ask!!!!!'........

I quite often use this one with my husband when I'm in the mood for an argument or something else he's done has really bugged me but it's too petty to fight over.

Thankfully he's too busy for my boring car stuff although he did come to Birmingham in 2009 for the national meet with me. Cos it was such a long drive I think. Either that or he was scared I wouldn't come back
Old 29th April 2012, 17:00   #12
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post
That means 'I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than go with you BUT you're supposed to ask!!!!!'........

I quite often use this one with my husband when I'm in the mood for an argument or something else he's done has really bugged me but it's too petty to fight over.

Thankfully he's too busy for my boring car stuff although he did come to Birmingham in 2009 for the national meet with me. Cos it was such a long drive I think. Either that or he was scared I wouldn't come back
I'll get a box of needles at the ready then That way, when I ask her in future, I'll show her the needles too, and she can choose
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 22:19   #13
The Rover Woman

Rover 75 2.0 Manual

I have been married to a Rover enthusiast for 20 years. For 18 years the constant talking about Rovers (SD1's, then 600's and now 75's) and the collecting of toy cars nearly drove me mental.

Two years ago I decided that it was time to embrace the madness. Now, I'll often be found hunting the internet for solutions to problems, reading forums, buying things for his collections etc and I have attend many shows over the last 2 years. We are out with one or other of the car clubs most weekends during show season and I have thoroughly enjoyed everyone that we've attend over the last 2 years. I all ways clean the inside of our car the night before a show and last Saturday morning I even polished our SD1 for the first time in 20 years.

So hang in there boys, don't loose hope, you're wife/partner might catch the bug yet!
The Rover Woman is offline   Reply With Quote