Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th February 2013, 18:37   #11
robmac
Loves to post

2004 rover 75 CONNOISSEUR cdti

i bought an elderly but usable caravan off ebay last year for £399...i got what i expected and love it. i never expected 6 weeks of brilliant sunshine just because it was summer though so tell your buyer to pay and shut up!!...
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 18:42   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Has the buyer actually collected it yet, has he collected it and rung back complaining about the missing items?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 20:32   #13
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

He raised the queries when we were exchanging emails about collection - I volunteered to hook up some electrics, water and gas so that I could demonstrate that all the systems were working.
Payment was to be cash on collection (to avoid Paypal fees)
Basically, I've emailed him to say that he wasn't misled, that unless specified that they were included, these type of accessories are NEVER part of a sale - even on a new 'van. I've offered to cancel the transaction on Ebay if he's unhappy - can't say fairer than that can I
I'll see what response I get

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 21:07   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
He raised the queries when we were exchanging emails about collection - I volunteered to hook up some electrics, water and gas so that I could demonstrate that all the systems were working.
Payment was to be cash on collection (to avoid Paypal fees)
Basically, I've emailed him to say that he wasn't misled, that unless specified that they were included, these type of accessories are NEVER part of a sale - even on a new 'van. I've offered to cancel the transaction on Ebay if he's unhappy - can't say fairer than that can I
I'll see what response I get
I don't suppose this guy is from Lincs. is he?

I had a bit of a pest wanting to buy mine from there, saying he just wanted to buy it to strip the goodies out of it. First he wanted me to drive it halfway to him, just so he could have a look at it and he expected me to be able to prove to him everything was working in some laybye - obviously I refused. Then he agreed to buy it, provided I towed it all the way to his house at the far end of Lincs from me, told me he wouldn't have the means to tow it even if he bought it I agreed to tow it, providing he would pay for for the mileage and the caravan up front. Then he started saying how could he trust me to deliver it if he did pay and before he would pay he wanted everything proven to be working. At that I gave up and told him where to go.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 07:55   #15
reworht
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I don't suppose this guy is from Lincs. is he?

I had a bit of a pest wanting to buy mine from there, saying he just wanted to buy it to strip the goodies out of it. First he wanted me to drive it halfway to him, just so he could have a look at it and he expected me to be able to prove to him everything was working in some laybye - obviously I refused. Then he agreed to buy it, provided I towed it all the way to his house at the far end of Lincs from me, told me he wouldn't have the means to tow it even if he bought it I agreed to tow it, providing he would pay for for the mileage and the caravan up front. Then he started saying how could he trust me to deliver it if he did pay and before he would pay he wanted everything proven to be working. At that I gave up and told him where to go.
Hi Harry
No - he's from up Hadrian's Wall territory in Northumbria. I've had an overnight response to my 'ultimatum' , saying he's used to buying cars, "where batteries etc. are an inherent part of the vehicle". He says he's coming to collect on Thursday, and it is a 60 + miles journey, so I have to assume he is going to turn up, pay for what he's getting (and no more!) and take the 'van away!

I think it's the last time I'll put anything of any reasonable value on Ebay - it's just too much flipping hassle

PS. Just seen your awning ad. on here - I've got similar, but with bedroom extension, inner tent etc., on Ebay expiring noon tomorrow - nice lady from Wales says she'll have it (subject to winning!) and arrange courier collection at her expense - so I'm a bit more optimistic over that one

Rodney - you plonker!
Old 27th February 2013, 09:04   #16
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Fleabay arrgh!!!
coupla weeks ago I bit on a rocking dinosaur ( fir lil Grandson no me!! )

Got outbid at the last minute by a zero , who was 100% with this seller only. ( 8 out of 12 bids too). ( shills ??? ) ( @ £10.51)

it was relisted within 2 hours ??? ..

I reported it as I was miffed !! it got took off..

4 days later it was relisted .. and I bid and won it . ( £5.50) .
now the seller will not reply with her address for local pickup and payment . ( wot a SH1te)..

ranty over

I can't do a dispute as I haven't paid ?... so would have to paypal it , then raise a dispute and most likely then hopefully get a paypal refund .. waste of time !

Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 27th February 2013 at 09:07..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:07   #17
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I think eBay has gone downhill since they made it impossible for sellers to give honest feedback anymore.

The choice is either positive or positive.
Makes a mockery of the feedback system IMHO

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:20   #18
reworht
This is my second home

Dead right - it assumes that the buyer is always right - and I think we all know that is a long way from the truth

Rodney - you plonker!
Old 24th March 2013, 20:02   #19
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
I think eBay has gone downhill since they made it impossible for sellers to give honest feedback anymore.

The choice is either positive or positive.
Makes a mockery of the feedback system IMHO
It isn't just Buyers who are bad, Sellers can be far worse.
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:27   #20
bubs
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75

Did you advertise it as capable of being towed, he might want your car to go with it too!
bubs is offline   Reply With Quote