Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th November 2008, 06:57   #11
Departed
Retired

--

I note the upper set of warning lights aren't working. Are all of these driven from Kbus? Ceratinly fuel isn't so I wouldn't expect FBH to cause this. Tacho is CAN not Kbus as well.

When you say new 'ECU' which ECU? There are dozens on the car. Sounds to me like a faulty instrument pack. A temporary substitute would test it quickly, although ther would be an ERR in it if it was a used part, the fuel, tacho, etc would work again. Alternatively, are all of the power feeds to the pack OK?
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 08:55   #12
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

The problem could be the earth connection, both the instrument panel and air conditioning panel have their earth connections behind the trim below the bonnet release lever. There are several earth connection bolts there, theirs (connector 550) is the one with several Black/Slate cables (the others have Black cables) make sure the connections are clean and tight.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 18:25   #13
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Seen this before, both times it was the result of a previously flooded engine ecu and the consequent loss of Can bus data between engine ecu and cluster that causes tacho odd lights and ATC to fail

No electrical fault is unsolvable but you have to pay for someone that knows what he is doing, has the right tools and can work methodically ideally in somewhere nice and warm which incidently is why I don't do spannering in the winter

If the engine ecu has been changed it only needed doing once not twice and after the first time I would have started looking at the Can bus twisted pair if the fault was still there.

Does the ABS warning light work ok?

Did whoever changed your ecu do a proper T4 test of everything sounds like they did not.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote