Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th July 2015, 13:54   #11
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu C View Post
Mike, when the car cuts out theres no EP or anything with the gears, but it comes up when it cuts out 'low engine oil pressure' ? Might it be a dodgy sensor as it's fine on the dipstick

Thanks for the help, its much appreciated as really need relaible car at 2am lol! XD
Don't worry about the low oil pressure alarm Stu - they do that when they stall.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 15:36   #12
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayH View Post
Third!

And do it now else you may end up, like me with my last 75, with a nice bill for repairing ECU
I`l give 4th
If it is then do something asap
In 2006 it cost my friend £998 for a new ECU in the Plenum Chamber.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 16:05   #13
Stu C
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

I thought the oil thing was tads (they all do that sir) Had many a time on the 260 if i didnt get the clutch right with the cams lol!

Well, Ecu plenum is dry still but i thought i'd play wiggle the wire in the engine bay. Took the cover off and where the plug is for what i assume is the fueling, has the ron box thingy connected to it. Wiggled it and the engine started hunting. Took the tuning box off and it seems the last owner has roger'd the connector which looks like its worked its way loose over time.

Plugged the original wiring back in and went for a good long drive, a mix of steep hills and stop starting and no symptoms. Parked up earlier and will fire it up before i head for bed to make sure it starts, but fingers crossed i think this might be it. I do hope so though as it's my first real issue with the diesel, it's a new learning curve for me being used to the L-series from the stone age lol!

Will let y'all know tomorrow as always with my luck i say it's fixed, then it sneaks back up out of the blue!
2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
2001 MGF 1.8 Steptronic
2019 Seat Ateca Xcellece
Gone but not forgotton - MG ZT 260 SE #171
Member #126

Last edited by Stu C; 20th July 2015 at 16:08..
Stu C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 18:08   #14
RayH
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu C View Post
I thought the oil thing was tads (they all do that sir) Had many a time on the 260 if i didnt get the clutch right with the cams lol!

Well, Ecu plenum is dry still but i thought i'd play wiggle the wire in the engine bay. Took the cover off and where the plug is for what i assume is the fueling, has the ron box thingy connected to it. Wiggled it and the engine started hunting. Took the tuning box off and it seems the last owner has roger'd the connector which looks like its worked its way loose over time.

Plugged the original wiring back in and went for a good long drive, a mix of steep hills and stop starting and no symptoms. Parked up earlier and will fire it up before i head for bed to make sure it starts, but fingers crossed i think this might be it. I do hope so though as it's my first real issue with the diesel, it's a new learning curve for me being used to the L-series from the stone age lol!

Will let y'all know tomorrow as always with my luck i say it's fixed, then it sneaks back up out of the blue!
Fingers crossed
RayH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 18:09   #15
RayH
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I`l give 4th
If it is then do something asap
In 2006 it cost my friend £998 for a new ECU in the Plenum Chamber.
Ken.
Ouch! I was lucky in that mine was repairable but still cost me a couple of hundred
RayH is offline   Reply With Quote