Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th May 2024, 13:54   #174531
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I was going out for some odds and ends, rain had stopped but its just come on again big style, heaving it down. Least I managed to get the garden bin out. Dunno how but Ging managed to get heavy stuff at the top, very wary of that after it happened before and it pulled me over going down the steps at the garage a while ago, ended up with concussion! OK this time but took it VERY carefully.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2024, 15:19   #174532
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

It's gone from baking hot for five minutes followed by showers all afternoon. I got some shopping with free delivery & a few plants re-potted & that's all I've done all day.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2024, 06:57   #174533
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Morning all, Grey & raining here. Toasted crumpets for brekkie me thinks.

Old 28th May 2024, 10:20   #174534
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, Grey & raining here. Toasted crumpets for brekkie me thinks.
Crumpet any time of the day works for me Ian
Old 28th May 2024, 11:02   #174535
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

That bloomin' doctor's practice of mine, I have an appointment on the 6th June with the nurse for my three monthly hormone injection, The reception rang last Friday to say I need to make another appointment date.
So I ring today after the bank holiday & I go through what I've been told & gave them my details & a Pakistani chap says OK we've moved it to 6th of June for you thank you & put the phone down
I've got the injection here, I'll do it myself. I STILL haven't got the result from the PSA blood test I had at the beginning of February, They cant find that either, the same happened last year & it was 7 months after the blood test when I got that result.

Just making a carrot & lentil soup as we've got lots of carrots & I got a black olive Ciabatta baguette from Aldi this morning for dippages

Old 28th May 2024, 12:13   #174536
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Every time I get up to do some cooking or whatever, the seats are taken in the conservatory.

Old 28th May 2024, 15:20   #174537
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Every time I get up to do some cooking or whatever, the seats are taken in the conservatory.

Cats are highly intelligent and strategic, they don’t miss a trick 😀
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2024, 15:31   #174538
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Quote:
That bloomin' doctor's practice of mine, I have an appointment on the 6th June with the nurse for my three monthly hormone injection, The reception rang last Friday to say I need to make another appointment date.
So I ring today after the bank holiday & I go through what I've been told & gave them my details & a Pakistani chap says OK we've moved it to 6th of June for you thank you & put the phone down
I've got the injection here, I'll do it myself. I STILL haven't got the result from the PSA blood test I had at the beginning of February, They cant find that either, the same happened last year & it was 7 months after the blood test when I got that result.

Just making a carrot & lentil soup as we've got lots of carrots & I got a black olive Ciabatta baguette from Aldi this morning for dippages
That is the pits about your PSA as it’s vital to monitoring your progress Ian, how disappointing for you.

Whilst I am away, I keep my UK mobile number active. This afternoon it rang and it was the rectal and stomach department ringing from the hospital in Bristol. On 19 December, when I was an inpatient in hospital in Bristol, I had rectal bleeding. They said I would be followed up as an outpatient for an urgent colonoscopy. Today I was phoned, first point of contact and they asked when was I coming in for the colonoscopy.

Fortunately the rectal bleeding stopped a few days after my discharge and my last colonoscopy was 2 years ago, so I said to the lady who rang to take me off the list and to give my appointment to someone else.
Old 28th May 2024, 18:13   #174539
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
That is the pits about your PSA as itÂ’s vital to monitoring your progress Ian, how disappointing for you.

Whilst I am away, I keep my UK mobile number active. This afternoon it rang and it was the rectal and stomach department ringing from the hospital in Bristol. On 19 December, when I was an inpatient in hospital in Bristol, I had rectal bleeding. They said I would be followed up as an outpatient for an urgent colonoscopy. Today I was phoned, first point of contact and they asked when was I coming in for the colonoscopy.

Fortunately the rectal bleeding stopped a few days after my discharge and my last colonoscopy was 2 years ago, so I said to the lady who rang to take me off the list and to give my appointment to someone else.

Evening Phil, Yes the post care has been a bit pants to be honest, I ring up Bloods in Bolton only to be told your doctor will have a copy, I've had the odd letter from them for my records but it's rare.
I ring my docs reception (three times now) to see if they have it but for some reason they cant see it on the system nor have they got it in letter form Trying to get the last three PSA test results have been the same, I ended up ringing Christies again as I didn't know who to ask as all depts said see your doctor
Christies at Bolton managed to get it for me, but I had to wait until she could look into it for me, I had an appointment with their oncologist a month or so after ringing them & they told me then.

That took the biscuit this afternoon when they said I had to ring about making another appointment, I had the whiteboard in front of me with upcoming appointments for my missus, Mam, & my sister so as not to clash dates. It doesn't matter now, as I've given myself the injection. I've only got one more injection to do in late August & that's my two years worth done.

Old 29th May 2024, 04:50   #174540
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Quote:
Evening Phil, Yes the post care has been a bit pants to be honest, I ring up Bloods in Bolton only to be told your doctor will have a copy, I've had the odd letter from them for my records but it's rare.
I ring my docs reception (three times now) to see if they have it but for some reason they cant see it on the system nor have they got it in letter form Trying to get the last three PSA test results have been the same, I ended up ringing Christies again as I didn't know who to ask as all depts said see your doctor
Christies at Bolton managed to get it for me, but I had to wait until she could look into it for me, I had an appointment with their oncologist a month or so after ringing them & they told me then.

That took the biscuit this afternoon when they said I had to ring about making another appointment, I had the whiteboard in front of me with upcoming appointments for my missus, Mam, & my sister so as not to clash dates. It doesn't matter now, as I've given myself the injection. I've only got one more injection to do in late August & that's my two years worth done.
Good morning Ian

Access to health care depends on a number of factors such as where you live and how many people need help. Last year it was very difficult for me to get a PSA done in Bristol and I had to make a special case. Here in Kenya there is no NHS so everything has to be paid for by the patient. A PSA blood test costs £80 and the results are available the same day, it’s one of the most expensive blood tests going and I suspect cost is another factor for who gets it and how often.

This morning I am seeing the cardiologist for a check up and ECG etc, The doctors appointment is £25 and the ECG £20. It all adds up.

Good on you Ian for managing and giving yourself those injections once every 3 months. It’s prudent of you to plan the appointments.

Take care