Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2024, 14:35   #173681
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Those bacon & cheese turnovers look bootiful Jeff, I need to give those a try.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 16:25   #173682
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I would request your GP undertake a test of you for diabetes Ian. It is possible to dismiss a feeling of pins and needles in toes as something normal which just happens on occasions over the years. I suspect that it does happen to most if not all people at times but it can be a symptom of diabetes. Not until a test proves positive do some realize that the feeling is actually one of numbness and that it is a little more permanent than occasional. I have type 2, probably had it for some years before I was tested for it in fairly recent years and I was gobsmacked when the result came through as positive. I thought that my GP was being overly cautious when during an appointment with him for something else he first suggested that I be tested for it. I have slight numbness in the tips of some toes, mainly the big toes, and I gather that any damage is irreversible. Hopefully I have dodged a bullet and have been caught soon enough to avoid anything more serious that can result down the line if the problem is not caught and treated soon enough.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 16:33   #173683
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I would request your GP undertake a test of you for diabetes Ian. It is possible to dismiss a feeling of pins and needles in toes as something normal which just happens on occasions over the years. I suspect that it does happen to most if not all people at times but it can be a symptom of diabetes. Not until a test proves positive do some realize that the feeling is actually one of numbness and that it is a little more permanent than occasional. I have type 2, probably had it for some years before I was tested for it in fairly recent years and I was gobsmacked when the result came through as positive. I thought that my GP was being overly cautious when during an appointment with him for something else he first suggested that I be tested for it. I have slight numbness in the tips of some toes, mainly the big toes, and I gather that any damage is irreversible. Hopefully I have dodged a bullet and have been caught soon enough to avoid anything more serious that can result down the line if the problem is not caught and treated soon enough.

It's impossible to get a face to face meeting with him & that's been going on since 2020 when the covid was here.
I'm not sure if I'm seeing him or the surgery nurse for my annual review in a couple of weeks time. I'll certainly bring it up when I'm there.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 17:12   #173684
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
His missus went into a care home with dementia & didn't know who he was in the end
Next door's wife went the same way. We knew there was something wrong, she became a bit distant to us then started asking the same questions every time we saw her. Got to the point that she'd curse at and hit her husband, the only one she'd let do anything was their other neighbour's daughter. She finally passed away in a nursing home, oh, couple of years ago.
Quote:
I have an annual review coming up in a few weeks time so I bought one of those glucose blood sugar digital kits as someone said bad feet problems are associated with diabetes so, I have been keeping a log on the test results to take with me just in case it's to do with diabetes.
Diabetic foot problems are usually due to bad circulation (injuries not healing properly etc) caused by the diabetes. I have one of those digital meters, my sugar is so stable I only check now and then, could paint the number on the screen! I had a check up the other day including the feet, everything ok. They prod the soles of your feet with a thin, flexible, plastic . . . . thing to check for any lack of sensation.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 20:53   #173685
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Cheers Ian,

One of my problems with my Diabetes is exactly the symptoms you are getting in your feet.
Diabetic Neuropathy. One of the reasons I wear shorts and ankle socks all year round (no, not because I secretly want to be a postman) is due to the extreme sensitivity to touch I have on my lower legs and feet. It is also why I suffer from Retinopathy in my eyes as well.

As mentioned. Get yourself tested as if you have got Type 2 Diabetes. The sooner you get your levels under the control, the better your long term health from diabetic complications will be.

Last edited by coolcat; 11th March 2024 at 20:56..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2024, 03:33   #173686
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:

Good morning Ian, great advice and insight from the two Steve’s and Jeff about Diabetes and peripheral neuropathy.

In 2011, I had similar symptoms and they were thoroughly investigated. In addition to the blood tests, my feet and legs were electrocuted to test the nerve reflexes and nerve conduction. The legs and feet also received vascular scans where the blood vessels are checked. I had superficial numbness with burning feet and eventually the left leg had a blockage with gangrene setting in. This required immediate surgery to remove the dead tissues, muscles and nerves, the leg was saved. No diabetes was detected causing the peripheral neuropathy. But it is important you press on with getting checked. Change your GP if you can.

The right leg operation in London went all the way up to the hip, so another vein could be harvested to replace the one which had packed up because of poor circulation and peripheral neuropathy. Now 4 months on, the leg is saved but it is still having physiotherapy to make it stronger and to keep the circulation going. It was a big and painful operation. I count my blessings and have nothing to moan about.

Diabetes is in my family so I still get checked.

I know you Ian you are doing the best you can. Have you thought about changing your GP to a more accessible one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2024, 03:39   #173687
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Default The Chill Out Zone

Yesterday I looked at having a holiday in Corfu in July or August whilst we are in the UK, but abandoned the idea of it as it would be too hot and too expensive. I said to Jessica we will leave it until next year off season and besides that, we will have a lovely time enjoying the summer in the UK iseeing family, friends and visiting the towns and villages…..car meets.

What is everyone up to?

Old 12th March 2024, 06:39   #173688
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Yesterday I looked at having a holiday in Corfu in July or August whilst we are in the UK, but abandoned the idea of it as it would be too hot and too expensive. I said to Jessica we will leave it until next year off season and besides that, we will have a lovely time enjoying the summer in the UK iseeing family, friends and visiting the towns and villages…..car meets.

What is everyone up to?

Morning Phil,

The added bonus of going 'off season' is that the costs should be cheaper as well....Win Win

You'll be both more than welcome to pop over to sunny Clacton/Walton whilst back in Blighty.

I'm meant to be working in Colchester this afternoon but the weather isn't looking hopeful. I'll shall see nearer to the time if we can do the photoshoot or postpone it till tomorrow.

In other news.....It's been announced that the Red Arrows will not be displaying at this years Clacton Air Show as they will be touring Canada.

Just about typical when I intend to view the Air Show from Lady Emma at anchor off Clacton Seafront.

I hope they do have some suitable 'front line jet' replacement in mind for both days as it will seriously knock the visitors to the town if not !
Old 12th March 2024, 07:25   #173689
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning Phil,

The added bonus of going 'off season' is that the costs should be cheaper as well....Win Win

You'll be both more than welcome to pop over to sunny Clacton/Walton whilst back in Blighty.

I'm meant to be working in Colchester this afternoon but the weather isn't looking hopeful. I'll shall see nearer to the time if we can do the photoshoot or postpone it till tomorrow.

In other news.....It's been announced that the Red Arrows will not be displaying at this years Clacton Air Show as they will be touring Canada.

Just about typical when I intend to view the Air Show from Lady Emma at anchor off Clacton Seafront.

I hope they do have some suitable 'front line jet' replacement in mind for both days as it will seriously knock the visitors to the town if not !
Good morning Jeff and thank you.

Lady Emma is a long way from our flat in Bristol so we would love to stay overnight on your boat when the time comes if offered Jessica said she is up for. Is it ok to swim in the marina or somewhere else on the broads?

What a shame the Red Arrows can’t make it.
Old 12th March 2024, 07:55   #173690
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

What is everyone up to?

We find that late May and early October are great in Corfu. A bit like a good summer in the UK, weatherwise. You may get the odd rainy day but hey-ho! It is very hilly, so choose carefully if you have mobility problems. A first gear is essential! The people are wonderful but be prepared for rickety rooms and some wear and tear showing. The place only has a six month season, so has never been awash with profits. These things aside, it is a beautiful place, inhabited by the most welcoming people that I have ever encountered. I love it! Does it show? Bright here at the moment but more rain on the way!