Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th February 2024, 17:26   #173431
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Great pic of the helicopter taking off Jeff

Proper miserable dark rainy day it's been here & looking at the weather forecast we've got weather warnings out for heavy rain Saturday & Sunday

Had two of the cats to the vets this evening, Louis has had a reaction to flea drops we put on them a few days ago & the skin around his neck has erupted in welts & Tansie was having trouble with her nether regions so she's had a bum scrape & is not very happy at the moment

I'm doing some grilled hake fillets with fried rice & peas for tea tonight.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2024, 03:18   #173432
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Thanks all, still testing to determine the tumour currently.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Good morning Andy, thank you for the update.

I remember when Jessica’s aunt and youngest sister were taking steroid’s, they were told the medication was to reduce the swelling and pressure in the brain, the steroids also helped to reduce the headaches. Both sister and aunt had inoperable malignant brain tumours. Jessica and myself moved into her aunts house in Sussex to care for her as the tumour was quite advanced and the only treatment was steroids and pain medication. She passed away 4 months after diagnosis. Jessica’s youngest sister received steroids and chemotherapy which gave her 3 years from the diagnosis, she passed at home surrounded by the family, rest in peace. Every sufferer is different in how the tumour affects them. Hopefully the tumour is benign, sorry your daughter and yourself are going through this.
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2024, 03:24   #173433
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Great pic of the helicopter taking off Jeff

Proper miserable dark rainy day it's been here & looking at the weather forecast we've got weather warnings out for heavy rain Saturday & Sunday

Had two of the cats to the vets this evening, Louis has had a reaction to flea drops we put on them a few days ago & the skin around his neck has erupted in welts & Tansie was having trouble with her nether regions so she's had a bum scrape & is not very happy at the moment

I'm doing some grilled hake fillets with fried rice & peas for tea tonight.
Good morning Ian

That is a fabulous photo Jeff took of the air ambulance. The casualty either didn’t make it or had to go to hospital by road ambulance.

That is terrible news about the cats having to go the vets. Hopefully the cats will improve with treatment.

What are your plans for the weekend?
Old 17th February 2024, 03:54   #173434
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good morning all,

Today the forecast here is sunny and 28C.

Have I anything mundane or trivial to report? This morning I am doing laundry, pool cleaning and essential shopping later on before it gets too hot. Then might have a swim in the afternoon to cool off and chill.

Last week at the coast, we did a lot of swimming every day and don’t want to lose that level of fitness as it helped Jessica’s back and hip, it also helped my heart and lungs.

Whilst we were at the coast, I used a cheap Chinese GoPro copy to film Jessica and myself snorkelling. The results were not that great because the visibility under water within the reef was poor and cloudy by the surf throwing up sand and silt. The coral and fishes were just below us and could not be seen. The sea water temperature was 30C, a bonus.

There is an app which came the action camera but for editing it is very basic but I will have a go. What I didn’t like about the cheapo action camera was the audio. The speech sounded garbled and there is no distortion adjustment for the field of view. It looks as though I might have to treat myself to a GoPro next we are in the UK.

The next big thing is to look for summer flights to the UK there is always something to think about.

Has anyone heard from Steve W? I hope he is okay.

I had a chat with RPWC on the phone and he is keeping busy looking forward to better things. He has made important improvements in his health.

What is everyone up to?
Old 17th February 2024, 07:03   #173435
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning all,

Today the forecast here is sunny and 28C.

Have I anything mundane or trivial to report? This morning I am doing laundry, pool cleaning and essential shopping later on before it gets too hot. Then might have a swim in the afternoon to cool off and chill.

Last week at the coast, we did a lot of swimming every day and don’t want to lose that level of fitness as it helped Jessica’s back and hip, it also helped my heart and lungs.

Whilst we were at the coast, I used a cheap Chinese GoPro copy to film Jessica and myself snorkelling. The results were not that great because the visibility under water within the reef was poor and cloudy by the surf throwing up sand and silt. The coral and fishes were just below us and could not be seen. The sea water temperature was 30C, a bonus.

There is an app which came the action camera but for editing it is very basic but I will have a go. What I didn’t like about the cheapo action camera was the audio. The speech sounded garbled and there is no distortion adjustment for the field of view. It looks as though I might have to treat myself to a GoPro next we are in the UK.

The next big thing is to look for summer flights to the UK there is always something to think about.

Has anyone heard from Steve W? I hope he is okay.

I had a chat with RPWC on the phone and he is keeping busy looking forward to better things. He has made important improvements in his health.

What is everyone up to?
Morning Phil and all.

Shame about your snorkelling footage. As you know, I have got a GoPro but I have no experience of its underwater capabilities .
To be honest I don't use it as much these days as the 4k video quality from my iPhone isn't that far behind and the battery life is vastly superior.
They are waterproof too these days. Not sure I'd risk it though

Steve hasn't posted since he came down with the covid last month. I have not seen him on social media either. I just checked and it showed him as on the forum yesterday so hopefully he is okay and will be back posting soon.

This morning I'm off to the boat to do some more cleaning and possibly take her out for a quick run. If I do, I might even fire up the Go Pro
Old 17th February 2024, 07:12   #173436
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Good morning everyone from damp Cornwall.

Hoping to go for a walk today. Trying hard not to overdo it but it’s hard not to walk that bit further. Trouble is I’m on a slope so it’s either walk down and struggle back up or struggle up but that means it’s downhill coming back and that’s not good in the wet as my path is super smooth.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2024, 08:15   #173437
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, It's wet wet wet out there & weather warnings out for heavy rain from this afternoon onwards

I've got some more flower seeds to sow in the greenhouse & that's about it for me. This full spectrum grow lights & heat mats are working wonders with seed germination & I'm well ahead at this time of the season.

I could do with a haircut though, Might leave that until Monday as they're always busy on Saturdays.

Morning Phil It must be fabulous to swim in a warm sea, I haven't been swimming in years & must admit my fitness levels aren't good these days.

All the local public baths I used to go to have been closed & sold off by the councils for housing developments

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2024, 09:50   #173438
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning. Mild and dry here, not going to be like that for long though, heavy rain forecast for later in the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
It must be fabulous to swim in a warm sea,
One time over in the Philippines, swimming in the sea and there was a thunderstorm, one of those Hollywood torrential tropical thunderstorms. Sea was warm, rain was warm, it was like lying in the bath with the shower on.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2024, 10:30   #173439
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Good morning everyone from damp Cornwall.

Hoping to go for a walk today. Trying hard not to overdo it but it’s hard not to walk that bit further. Trouble is I’m on a slope so it’s either walk down and struggle back up or struggle up but that means it’s downhill coming back and that’s not good in the wet as my path is super smooth.
Good morning Bob

Can one of your helper visitors go walking with you in case you need an arm or a hand to steady you? Being off your feet leads to muscle atrophy and weakness in the legs. With physio and exercises your legs should become stronger as your mobility improves.
Old 17th February 2024, 10:38   #173440
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning Phil and all.

Shame about your snorkelling footage. As you know, I have got a GoPro but I have no experience of its underwater capabilities .
To be honest I don't use it as much these days as the 4k video quality from my iPhone isn't that far behind and the battery life is vastly superior.
They are waterproof too these days. Not sure I'd risk it though

Steve hasn't posted since he came down with the covid last month. I have not seen him on social media either. I just checked and it showed him as on the forum yesterday so hopefully he is okay and will be back posting soon.

This morning I'm off to the boat to do some more cleaning and possibly take her out for a quick run. If I do, I might even fire up the Go Pro
Thank you Jeff for sharing your experience and thoughts and telling us about Steve W.

Just got in from shopping and the temperature is 30C and sunny.

Do you remember Alan the photographer. Well he sold me his GoPro 3 in 2010 but it did not have image stabilisation. I don’t see much of him on the forum. He used to post of photos of his good lady in the photography section, a very pretty young lady.

I hope you made it to Lady Emma and managed to catch up with her cleaning.