Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th January 2024, 02:56   #173241
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thank you Steve for reaching out and helping Mike. Like yourself most of us in the lounge have been carers at some point and know what it is like, with the ups, how emotionally draining it can be.

Good morning all,

A busy day for us here in Nairobi with the new water purifier system being installed, a solar power contractor is to visit to provide a quote, the carpenters are due to visit today to finish off the work of fitting new cupboards and shelves. I am expecting a delivery today of a new Android smartphone for one of the staff as a thank you and a gifting for looking after the house and garden whilst we were in the UK. He said it will be a present for his wife, lucky lady.

Physio went off very well yesterday with new exercises added.

The forecast is 27C dry and sunny.

I had the car insurance quote through last evening after the 4x4 had been valued at £4000, it is 22 years old. The quote is £203 and that is okay. In Kenya there is no vehicle tax but there is a road insurance disc which must be displayed on the windscreen, a legal requirement. Like in the UK the police are tough on the non insured drivers.

How is everyone?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2024, 07:25   #173242
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, What a wild & windy night it was, Still blowy with the odd strong gust but no more rain forecast for today.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2024, 09:38   #173243
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

The new pressure washer works much better than my old one Car done & greenhouse is going to get done

Old 24th January 2024, 09:40   #173244
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Steve for reaching out and helping Mike. Like yourself most of us in the lounge have been carers at some point and know what it is like, with the ups, how emotionally draining it can be.

Good morning all,

A busy day for us here in Nairobi with the new water purifier system being installed, a solar power contractor is to visit to provide a quote, the carpenters are due to visit today to finish off the work of fitting new cupboards and shelves. I am expecting a delivery today of a new Android smartphone for one of the staff as a thank you and a gifting for looking after the house and garden whilst we were in the UK. He said it will be a present for his wife, lucky lady.

Physio went off very well yesterday with new exercises added.

The forecast is 27C dry and sunny.

I had the car insurance quote through last evening after the 4x4 had been valued at £4000, it is 22 years old. The quote is £203 and that is okay. In Kenya there is no vehicle tax but there is a road insurance disc which must be displayed on the windscreen, a legal requirement. Like in the UK the police are tough on the non insured drivers.

How is everyone?

Morning Phil, That's kind of you to treat him with a new mobile phone I'm taking my missus to physio this afternoon & she's not really looking forward to going.

Old 24th January 2024, 12:43   #173245
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Thanks to all for listening and advising. Much appreciated. Things are slowly coming together (with the emphasis on slowly!). Mum is still having her independent head on but is slowly realising that I can't do everything and that "we" need help along the way! Small steps on the road to recovery and sanity once more may reign!
EDIT:- OT nurse called today to view assistance requirements and check mum over. High blood pressure still and now some swollen ankles and feet. It never rains but it pours! Mum is still barking her orders though!

Last edited by roverbarmy; 24th January 2024 at 16:59..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2024, 03:20   #173246
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Thanks to all for listening and advising. Much appreciated. Things are slowly coming together (with the emphasis on slowly!). Mum is still having her independent head on but is slowly realising that I can't do everything and that "we" need help along the way! Small steps on the road to recovery and sanity once more may reign!
EDIT:- OT nurse called today to view assistance requirements and check mum over. High blood pressure still and now some swollen ankles and feet. It never rains but it pours! Mum is still barking her orders though!
Thank you Mike for the update, do keep posting.
Old 25th January 2024, 06:00   #173247
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning Phil, That's kind of you to treat him with a new mobile phone I'm taking my missus to physio this afternoon & she's not really looking forward to going.
Morning Ian

How did it go yesterday with the visit to physio?

As you know we have staff to look after the house, the gardens and animals whilst we are away. The head man, I asked if he would like anything from the UK or a cash bonus for looking after everything whilst we are in the UK.

When we got back the house and gardens were immaculate, no burglaries and my 4x4 was in excellent condition. He asked for a smart phone for his wife which he received yesterday and we were happy all round.
Old 25th January 2024, 06:01   #173248
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Morning all, how is everyone?
Old 25th January 2024, 07:20   #173249
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Morning Ian

How did it go yesterday with the visit to physio?

As you know we have staff to look after the house, the gardens and animals whilst we are away. The head man, I asked if he would like anything from the UK or a cash bonus for looking after everything whilst we are in the UK.

When we got back the house and gardens were immaculate, no burglaries and my 4x4 was in excellent condition. He asked for a smart phone for his wife which he received yesterday and we were happy all round.

Morning all, Morning Phil. It's wet wet wet here & forecast is rain for the entire day.

She struggled to do the exercises as her hands, wrists & hips are given her pain, She is on some new medication which doesn't seem to be working so they've referred her back to the rheumatoid dept at Wrightington hospital.
I had to get the rings off her fingers last night as they'd swollen up, which left her in more pain.

I'm off to take Mam for a blood test at the local clinic shortly.

Old 25th January 2024, 09:36   #173250
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, Morning Phil. It's wet wet wet here & forecast is rain for the entire day.

She struggled to do the exercises as her hands, wrists & hips are given her pain, She is on some new medication which doesn't seem to be working so they've referred her back to the rheumatoid dept at Wrightington hospital.
I had to get the rings off her fingers last night as they'd swollen up, which left her in more pain.

I'm off to take Mam for a blood test at the local clinic shortly.
I am sorry the medication and physio is such a struggle for your wife and you had to cut off the ring from her finger.

If it’s any consolation, I stopped wearing my wedding ring as I was always losing it and both my feet are swollen so I have had cut the socks to wear them. It’s minor in comparison to your good lady.

Yesterday the solar energy people visited and gave us a quotation for a new solar power system. They wanted 70% upfront in terms of business and despite us asking for a competitive quote they gave us a Rolls quote ignoring our request completely, so we will walk away.

Hopefully everything will go well for your mums blood test.