Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd December 2023, 08:21   #172731
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, It's a deep freeze out there again. I went to bed yesterday noon with a bout of that vertigo after bending down to read the gas meter, It was like being on the deck of a pitching ship with my balance all over the place & feeling nauseous, Just got out of my pit & had a red hot bath.
Still feel lousy but nothing like yesterday.
I'll be looking online for a digital alarm clock as the one that always gave me grief when the clocks went back/forward has gone belly up.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:03   #172732
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Bit artic in the "sunny south" the last few days, I hate to think what its doing to my bills but needs must my wife has to be kept warm (copd) so the money from the Govt is useful. Dont read your meter Ian, its gone anyway! Chris S
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:29   #172733
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Bit artic in the "sunny south" the last few days, I hate to think what its doing to my bills but needs must my wife has to be kept warm (copd) so the money from the Govt is useful. Dont read your meter Ian, its gone anyway! Chris S

Yeah I know what you mean, We've had a lot of trouble with our electric supplier getting the readings wrong with our smart meter & upping our monthly DD to ridiculous amounts, They've never tallied despite them being able to read the meter remotely & me sending them photos of the readings so in the end so I keep a monthly reading of both gas & electric at the end of every month. We said enough is enough & went over to another supplier in the end. We got the ombudsman involved & still waiting on the money they owe us yet They said they're still working it out from over three years of wrong readings.

Old 2nd December 2023, 09:32   #172734
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Not venturing far today,its BRRRR out there,I shall just look out the window and watch the world go buy double BRRRRRRRRRRR

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:57   #172735
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I went to bed yesterday noon with a bout of that vertigo after bending down to read the gas meter, It was like being on the deck of a pitching ship with my balance all over the place & feeling nauseous
Both my parents suffered from labyrinthitis, I was always terrified I'd end up with it as well. Its one of those things once you have it you're stuck with it, keeps coming back. Like you Ian, all they could do was retire to bed . . . . along with a basin just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
Not venturing far today,its BRRRR out there,I shall just look out the window and watch the world go buy double BRRRRRRRRRRR
Unfortunately I have to go out, need bread, milk, food for the girls.....

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2023, 11:35   #172736
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Both my parents suffered from labyrinthitis, I was always terrified I'd end up with it as well. Its one of those things once you have it you're stuck with it, keeps coming back. Like you Ian, all they could do was retire to bed . . . . along with a basin just in case.

Good morning Steve,

When the girls go out for walkies, do you dress them up in doggie shoes and warm clothing?

Yesterday we went out walking and I doubled up on the layers, two shirts and 2 jumpers, lined trousers and a woolly hat. I ordered a heater for the car which works off the cigarette lighter to defrost/defog the windscreen inside. Works when the engine is running until the engine warms the inside of the car up, then switch off to save the car battery.

Today it’s freezing fog so will be staying in.

Tomorrow the weather looks better and so we are meeting up friends for a Sunday pub lunch.

Do look after yourselves.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2023, 11:57   #172737
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Bah Humbug!

Decs out time! Up and down into and out of the loft, covered in spiders webs, triggering my asthma, bits and pieces frozen, knees shaking on the loft ladder, bumping my head and back on "stuff" that's up there just in case! I hate bl**** Christmas! Bah Humbug!
Old 2nd December 2023, 11:59   #172738
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I developed a problem with balance and my GP thought it was a blood pressure issue but I'm not so sure given how it panned out. It recently resolved after a course of antibiotics which was prescribed for something that was not related. So my feeling is that my problem with balance was due to an infection which made its way into my brain leaving me with a cough headache in addition to the balance problem. Both resolved after the course of antibiotics which was prescribed for something entirely different. Serendipity?

Re clocks, I have an atomic one in my collection. They were commonly known as Rugby clocks when the time service originated from there but since it moved to Cumbria I think the name might have changed. They are self-adjusting via radio signal which negates the need to apply any manual corrections. Mine came from Aldi or Lidl but you might have to look elsewhere for one as it is a floating stock item at those outlets.

If you have an outdoor TV aerial then I recommend that you check where its cable connects to indoors. Often it will be your TV but sometimes not and you are looking for water. A common problem which can work its way into what it connects to and wreak havoc. I am not an aerial fitter but as someone who benefited from going to school I have been aware of this problem for over 30 years. Any aerial fitter worth their salt will be aware of this problem and will endeavour to prevent it by sealing the co-axial cable and the termination at the aerial end. Sadly not all aerial fitters are worth their salt as I very recently found water with mine. The aerial and cable were replaced about 20 years ago and I explicitly asked for sealant to be applied at the aerial end to prevent the problem. I recall that the guy thought that he knew better and I had to argue the case and thought that he might have seen the light. Clearly not.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2023, 12:42   #172739
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
When the girls go out for walkies, do you dress them up in doggie shoes and warm clothing?
They've got woollen pullover things. Ging did try boots, got one set to try with Suzy before buying them for Pops and Maya as well. Firstly it was a farce trying to get them on then neither Ging or I could do anything for laughing at Suzy trying to walk with them . . . . never got ones for Pops and Maya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I ordered a heater for the car which works off the cigarette lighter to defrost/defog the windscreen inside. Works when the engine is running until the engine warms the inside of the car up, then switch off to save the car battery.
Back when a motorbike was my only transport I had electrically heated under gloves for winter. They plugged into a socket connected direct to the battery. Used to be a bit of a pain, wiring ran up inside the jacket and down the sleeves like a four year old with their gloves tied together! Did help up to a point, there were times it was so cold I'd be in agony as the feeling came back into my fingers,

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2023, 13:59   #172740
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post

Just turning over in bed yesterday sent the room spinning, It's bleddy awful & debilitating. Still a bit off today but nothing like yesterday. It was supposed to be shopping day today but I've ordered it online for delivery this afternoon, I'm not driving when I still feel rough from it.
A fresh pan of vegetable soup on the go, That'll do me today.