Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th October 2023, 13:45   #172011
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Homemade meatballs with Spaghetti in tomato/red pepper/garlic sauce for tea tonight. I made the sauce in the Summer when there was a glut of everything

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2023, 18:28   #172012
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Homemade meatballs with Spaghetti in tomato/red pepper/garlic sauce for tea tonight. I made the sauce in the Summer when there was a glut of everything

Ohhh, if only I had a spoon long enough to reach from here
Old 4th October 2023, 18:32   #172013
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Had a bad day yesterday. Given a big enema at 08:45 then couldn’t get to the commode in time because of how difficult it is for me to walk at the
moment.

When I asked the nurse for help to get to the commode, she said she has a bad back and couldn’t help.She said stay in bed and poop yourself until no more comes out.

When I pressed the call button several times, no one came and this carried on for 3 hours. Then I became sore laying in a bed of poop not able to move.

Eventually at 11:30 a.m an elderly Jamaican nurse came and cleaned me up whilst singing her heart out with spiritual and Jamaican songs……

At midday, Jessica visited and cheered me up. Jessica came and called the nurse to clean me up as the incontinence carried on and on and Jessica had to take over my nursing care as the other nurses were either too busy or no longer wanted to wipe my bottom. It was unbelievable.

The ward doctor visited in the evening and prescribed something to stop the bowels going into spasm. At the time of writing this, the poops have almost stopped and I am feeling comfortable.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

That is certainly not the level of care anyone should have to expect.....Disgraceful and no excuses for that

I hope your level of care shows a vast improvement from now Phil!
Old 4th October 2023, 18:34   #172014
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
God bless the NHS???

My experience as of yesterday:-

Been sick all Thursday night and Friday morning. Finally, the sickness subsides. No point ringing the doctors on a Friday and I'm too ill to get to the surgery. I'll wait till Saturday morning. Called Saturday morning and they don't take calls on Saturday any more. Wait till monday morning and starting to feel a bit better, so see how it goes. Today, still feeling like cra* so ring again. Good morning, this is the doctor's surgery. Your call is important to us. In order to get you through to the correct person, please listen to the following options. Option 1 blah de blah, option 2 dah de dah etc., etc. Chose the option and pressed the number....................................... my mobile phone doesn't work that way on their system! Start again using the home phone. Good morning, this is the doctor's surgery. Your call is important to us. In order to get you through to the correct person, please listen to the following options. Option 1 blah de blah, option 2 dah de dah etc., etc. Chose the option and pressed the number........... We are experiencing high call volumes athe moment, so your call is being placed in a queue........................ Your call is in position number .................................................. .............. 49.

Doh!
Great Britain PLC has gone to the dogs .
It is not fit for purpose
Old 4th October 2023, 19:54   #172015
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Had a bad day yesterday. Given a big enema at 08:45 then couldn’t get to the commode in time because of how difficult it is for me to walk at the moment. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
Reminds me of way back when I woke up with severe pain in my abdomen. It felt like I had been knifed with a very big blade and that the blade was still stuck inside me. I struggled to the medical centre though nearly gave up a few times on the way such was the pain. I was doubled up and convulsing when the nurse saw me, she thought it might be a burst appendix. She hurried away to interrupt the Dr to get him to come and see me urgently. He was quite young and as he looked me over he asked almost as an afterthought, when did you last go to the toilet? I thought what a bleedy stupid question to ask at a time like this, the pain was excruciating. Clutching my stomach I muttered in answer, I'm not sure but maybe 3 or 4 days. I looked up to see him and the nurse smiling at each other and she nodded as he said, constipation.They tried a suppository at first but to no avail as it merely went ping as it sh ... shot out.

Out came the enema.

It came with a severe warning from the Dr who said as he pointed to the nearby toilet, be prepared to run like you have never run before ... the door is open in readiness for you. He further cautioned that the enema was very fast acting and ye Gods was he right, I only just made it to the bog in time. The relief was immediate and after thanking them and being given some dietary advice I walked away with a spring in my step.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2023, 07:07   #172016
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post

Out came the enema. ....

The relief was immediate and after thanking them and being given some dietary advice I walked away with a spring in my step.

An old singletrack thread is an absolute "Must Read" if you have never read it before. Prepare to have aching sides from the laughter. Enjoy! It may take some time!

"The Picolax Thread"!

Swear Alert ON!!!

Last edited by roverbarmy; 5th October 2023 at 07:12..
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2023, 07:11   #172017
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

We have rain. Hopefully it will water the bulbs I put in yesterday. But I ache from putting just over 50 bulbs in out front on the orphan land. I was hoping to cut the grass today but that plan is on hold for now.

Got an appointment this afternoon for my eye test. Been two years since my last one, and I will be needing new glasses as the current one’s are weak on the bridge.

234,744. Next tour starts on the 5/07/24.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2023, 07:33   #172018
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Grey, raining & the rain is forecast to last all day.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2023, 09:11   #172019
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning. Just waiting for the rain to arrive. Starting to feel "human" again but still not 100% yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
That is certainly not the level of care anyone should have to expect.....Disgraceful and no excuses for that

I hope your level of care shows a vast improvement from now Phil!
Yeah, not good. My wife is a nurse and the ward is always understaffed, add to that as with everywhere else some (especially the nursing assistants!) are only prepared to put in minimum effort. No wonder the NHS can't retain good staff though, their conditions are unbelievable in this day and age . . . . they don't get paid for the breaks in their shift! Shift is 12½ hours but they are only paid 11, the three thirty minute breaks are unpaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
An old singletrack thread is an absolute "Must Read" if you have never read it before. Prepare to have aching sides from the laughter. Enjoy! It may take some time!

"The Picolax Thread"!

Swear Alert ON!!!
I have to agree with that, one of the funniest things I've ever read.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2023, 18:02   #172020
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Buggeration! I know what I'm doing tomorrow, the ceiling lights in the lounge have stopped working. Its not the fuse, everything else on the circuit works, I doubt if both bulbs have packed in but I'll check, obviously. Suspect one of the switches has bit the dust, there's a switch at the passageway door and one at the kitchen door. Yesterday the lights didn't come on with one switch but did with the other one.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote