Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th September 2014, 14:09   #161
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Not been around much, but I might spend a bit of time here catching up with all things 75 and ZT.

On this subject im not that sure what people are worrying about. There is no plan to increase tax on diesel or road tax for them, and so far the only thing seems to be an extra tax for entering Londons congestion zone, which is something most people would rather die than have to do anyway.

Ill sign the petition, but only on principal rather than because of anything material.
Old 5th September 2014, 14:10   #162
nuts75
Gets stuck in

Mgzt

done ,,
Old 5th September 2014, 15:57   #163
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Just signed.

Let the good times roll............

Old 6th September 2014, 15:45   #164
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
Not been around much, but I might spend a bit of time here catching up with all things 75 and ZT.

On this subject im not that sure what people are worrying about. There is no plan to increase tax on diesel or road tax for them, and so far the only thing seems to be an extra tax for entering Londons congestion zone, which is something most people would rather die than have to do anyway.

Ill sign the petition, but only on principal rather than because of anything material.
Personally, I worry about this because what seems innocuous today, especially when politicians, Boris, big business, environmentalists and the like are involved, often turns out to be far more oppressive when it is actually implemented, by which time it is too late. Also, don't forget that this is aimed at pre 2006 petrol vehicles as well and although London, again, is the driving force behind this, most major UK cities are looking at it favourably, not on the basis of emissions, they are actually attracted by another revenue stream. All money grabbing authorities are looking at ways to increase their revenue, especially from the motorist, just look at parking revenues and their constant threat of introducing road pricing, just like London.

Anyway, thanks for voting; it may not affect you, but your support as a fellow 'club' member is appreciated.

505 votes today, only 99495 to go!

Roverite.
Old 7th September 2014, 20:44   #165
Phil63
Posted a thing or two

04 75 tourer cdt auto. Two tone grey. X-Power over Tempest. 04 75 V8 Chatsworth Bronze..

Signed and shared.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 7th September 2014, 20:49   #166
wowser

rover 75 saloon

Signed and shared. Good work.
Old 7th September 2014, 21:11   #167
Billywhizz

Saloon Connoisseur SE Auto

Signed the E-petition.
Thanks or starting one to help us voice our objection to the constant persecution of the private motorist.
Old 7th September 2014, 23:43   #168
Challenger
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi Tourer

In the Sunday Times today I read and in an article about the 'frightening' fact that fellow road users ( in this case MPs in taxis ) will suffer the most and the pedestrians will be much better off because the ( and I quote ) 'deadly' diesel particles have sunk down a bit. As it is, the car behind your evil polluting diesel will ( apparently ) have it's cabin air intakes low down on the front of the car so will suck all the despicable particles ( measured 'per breath' ) will be in the optimal deadly zone... Somewhere a couple of feet off the road down the middle of it.

I love my tourer; It just gets better and better.
Even if my wallet gets thinner and thinner...
Old 8th September 2014, 07:07   #169
brgcdti
Gets stuck in

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
In the Sunday Times today I read and in an article about the 'frightening' fact that fellow road users ( in this case MPs in taxis ) will suffer the most and the pedestrians will be much better off because the ( and I quote ) 'deadly' diesel particles have sunk down a bit. As it is, the car behind your evil polluting diesel will ( apparently ) have it's cabin air intakes low down on the front of the car so will suck all the despicable particles ( measured 'per breath' ) will be in the optimal deadly zone... Somewhere a couple of feet off the road down the middle of it.
Did they come to this conclusion after it was proven that if you sit in the middle of the road it can be dangerous to your health ?
Old 8th September 2014, 08:20   #170
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I think they are getting mixed up a bit here. My cabin air intake on my 75 is at the base of the windscreen. The engine air intake is at a similar height on the bonnet shut panel, however, some cars do have a low air intake for the engine which has resulted in a number of cars scooping up flood water and destroying their engine; this is where I think they are confused.

Roverite.
Closed Thread