Notices

Old 18th October 2022, 14:34   #166911
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
They all want you to look like an anorexic stick insect, s0d that! I do want to lose weight but but I have no desire to reach the figures they are talking about. I don't eat a lot but until I can sort out the lack of energy there's not a lot I can do about exercise, to add to that a dodgy liver makes weight loss difficult.

Still no sign of the hormone stuff yet, its taking an age to filter down through the supply chain. It was released by the manufacturer about two weeks ago and still hasn't reached ground level.

Same here Steve. Just knocked up a very healthy chicken casserole for tea tonight & it smells bootiful.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2022, 14:53   #166912
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I'm planning Shanghai Braised pork, recipe I saw on a Rick Stein prog where he was in the far east. Made it many times, love it! Pork belly strips cut into pieces, cooked in soy etc, ends up in a sweet sticky sauce. I always make the sauce a bit more liquid than it should be so that it soaks in to the rice

Water filter arrived, thought it was coming Royal Mail but it was some Mom and Pop delivery, guy arrives in his car (probably not insured for business use!), drops the parcel at the door, rings the bell and bugrs off! Usual muttering and swearing to fit the filter, takes 2 or 3 attempts to get it seated right otherwise there's water everywhere.

No sign of my phone battery, no post. We're on an "out in the sticks" van run and I swear if there's not much they just don't bother.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2022, 20:15   #166913
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I'm planning Shanghai Braised pork, recipe I saw on a Rick Stein prog where he was in the far east. Made it many times, love it! Pork belly strips cut into pieces, cooked in soy etc, ends up in a sweet sticky sauce. I always make the sauce a bit more liquid than it should be so that it soaks in to the rice

Water filter arrived, thought it was coming Royal Mail but it was some Mom and Pop delivery, guy arrives in his car (probably not insured for business use!), drops the parcel at the door, rings the bell and bugrs off! Usual muttering and swearing to fit the filter, takes 2 or 3 attempts to get it seated right otherwise there's water everywhere.

No sign of my phone battery, no post. We're on an "out in the sticks" van run and I swear if there's not much they just don't bother.
Hi Steve, hopefully your new medication will be on its way soon and will give your energy reserves a well needed boost.

Years ago when I attempted to change the battery in an iPhone following YouTube instructions, I made a complete mess and ended up taking the bits, the battery and the phone to a local market phone stall where the trader did the replacement everything restored for £50 in about 30 minutes. I know you have model making skills and you have the tools. All the best with that.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2022, 20:33   #166914
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Years ago when I attempted to change the battery in an iPhone following YouTube instructions, I made a complete mess and ended up taking the bits, the battery and the phone to a local market phone stall where the trader did the replacement everything restored for £50 in about 30 minutes. I know you have model making skills and you have the tools. All the best with that.
In theory it should be straightforward. Remove the screws either side of the connector port (or whatever its called!), use a sucker thing to lift the screen, two screws secure the battery connector, battery out, battery in then to quote Haynes "installation is the reverse of removal"! What could possibly go wrong......

T4 Location Map
Old 19th October 2022, 06:13   #166915
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone from very dark Cornwall.

Heavy rain in the night.

Hoping to get some gardening done, if not then a tidy up in the garage.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2022, 07:02   #166916
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all.

Overcast and dry here.

All peaceful and quiet.

One of our Guide Dog friends has some quite serious back issues so we're rallying round to help them out.

True to form their pup clearly knows that something isn't right. No idea why someone needs to do a research project on whether dogs can sense stress etc. Anyone who owns one or knows one can give you the answer .

Take care everyone.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2022, 07:40   #166917
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Overcast & dry here with a cold easterly wind.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2022, 08:00   #166918
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Morning, dry at the moment, not overly cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
True to form their pup clearly knows that something isn't right. No idea why someone needs to do a research project on whether dogs can sense stress etc. Anyone who owns one or knows one can give you the answer .
I had an operation when I was young and our dog, a Dachshund, went everywhere with me. Going up the stairs to bed he'd be two steps ahead of me, when I got level with him he'd go up another two steps and wait for me again. When I got to bed he'd lye beside me until I went to sleep before going back downstairs.

T4 Location Map
Old 19th October 2022, 09:15   #166919
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Morning all.

Overcast and dry here.

All peaceful and quiet.

One of our Guide Dog friends has some quite serious back issues so we're rallying round to help them out.

Take care everyone.
Morning all, morning Andy

Can dogs detect bad people, can dogs sense death or illness in humans, can dogs detect ghosts or paranormal activity?

https://www.treehugger.com/medical-c...-sniff-4864177

In the above link, there are some answers. As you know recently I came out of hospital after major surgery and was very sick. Staying with friends who have a dog. The dog has been very attentive and affectionate, I’d like to think it had the powers, the 6th sense to see I was not well. The dog has been therapeutic and has contributed to my healing.

Sorry to hear about your friends back issues. Hopefully things will improve.

Take care
Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2022, 09:36   #166920
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Lovely sunny day in East Norfolk. Her indoors Polo passed the MOT yesterday (not due until March next year) so now, I don't have to prepare it in the winter! Result! Shame about losing 6 months fee but hey-ho. The summer sun on my back next year will be worth it, rather than freezing my bits off underneath the car!