Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2017, 11:56   #130911
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Doc's only "adverse" comment was I'd put on weight but it didn't concern him. Apparently its a normal consequence of insulin, didn't know that. Should come off when I start replacing the insulin with metformin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
No Derek yet hope he is OK
Hasn't been on since mid morning yesterday, wee bit concerning.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 13:38   #130912
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Afternoon all, Been a busy day with people to see about dad & mams docs appointments plus my desktop PC has started to creak & groan and make weird noises from old age so I've been on ebay to sort out a better used one.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 14:17   #130913
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Derek and Lilian (Windrush)

I have just got off the phone to Lilian and she has said Derek is not very well, he is so weak he can only just make it to the bathroom, he is also not eating very much, the medical staff are worst than useless, asked for a doctor and they sent a nurse who had to liaise with the doctor by phone about his medication.
As you may well know Lilian uses a walking stick so negotiating the stairs on a regular basis is not easy, their daughter Jaqueline is on hand helping, and the boys are also helping out.
I have sent our love to them both for a speedy recovery, and told her every one on the forum are concerned at not hearing from him, he just doesn't have the willpower to post that often any more.
Lilian doesn't know how to post on here so that is why there is now info, any way I shall be in contact with them and will let every one know how he is.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 15:06   #130914
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
One of the things I suspect is an aluminium pipe that connects to the EGR valve and disappears behind the block, I have a nagging doubt that the hidden end has come adrift from where ever it connects to.
This is looking more and more like the culprit, another member of the 260s had the same problem, the pipe had been dislodged when the manifold was changed. Sounds very much like I need to get under the car to repair/relocate it. Not sure how I'm going to do that.

T4 Location Map
Old 4th July 2017, 15:12   #130915
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
I have just got off the phone to Lilian and she has said Derek is not very well, he is so weak he can only just make it to the bathroom, he is also not eating very much, the medical staff are worst than useless, asked for a doctor and they sent a nurse who had to liaise with the doctor by phone about his medication.
As you may well know Lilian uses a walking stick so negotiating the stairs on a regular basis is not easy, their daughter Jaqueline is on hand helping, and the boys are also helping out.
I have sent our love to them both for a speedy recovery, and told her every one on the forum are concerned at not hearing from him, he just doesn't have the willpower to post that often any more.
Lilian doesn't know how to post on here so that is why there is now info, any way I shall be in contact with them and will let every one know how he is.

Rev
Thanks for keeping us up to date Julien,

Do send Ros and my best wishes to both Derek and Lilian when you next speak to them.

Hope Derek is feeling much better soon and look forward to seeing him posting and keeping us all in line
Old 4th July 2017, 15:49   #130916
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Please pass on my best regards to Derek and Lillian,,tell Jaqueline she needs to be forceful with the docs, or they will not get the message.
Old 4th July 2017, 16:07   #130917
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Please pass on my best regards to Derek and Lillian,,tell Jaqueline she needs to be forceful with the docs, or they will not get the message.
Will do, don't bother with the surgery or doctors just ring 111, we have suggested he has fallen and they will get a medic or ambulance to him pronto, these doctors are lazy gets and don't want to move for their megabugs,

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 16:42   #130918
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Will do, don't bother with the surgery or doctors just ring 111, we have suggested he has fallen and they will get a medic or ambulance to him pronto, these doctors are lazy gets and don't want to move for their megabugs,

Rev
It's an appalling way to treat Derek like that. People call out an ambulance for much less. From experience, the crew attending are always very kind, astute and sensitive to what is going on. Given what you have said, its right to bypass the GP and get Derek in for an assessment and treatment. Are you able to pass this on Julien. A while ago, a very good friend was to be discharged home on day 2 following major surgery, even though he/she was in much pain. I suggested a way round this. Consequently he/she stayed in hospital longer and the pain control was upped. One has to do what ever is required, even be creative, in order to survive.

Jessica and I send Derek and Lilian our love.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 4th July 2017 at 16:45..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 16:52   #130919
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

I have to admit my GP is very good, perhaps the best I've dealt with. As I mentioned I was at the hospital this morning and was given a note for my GP regarding going onto metformin, I handed the note into the surgery on my way home. A couple of hours later I got a phone call from my GP saying he'd done the prescription and repeated the advice I was given for starting on it. Also, he's already updated the online repeat request.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 4th July 2017 at 16:55..
Old 4th July 2017, 17:11   #130920
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Coolcat? ......

I wonder if he wears white stilettoes .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote