Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th May 2010, 20:59   #121
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Fidel's ( proposed manufacturer of these) PM box is full but i have sent him an Email asking to clarify if they are still available gents

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 19:09   #122
workaholic_ro
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Sorry for disappointing you, but unfortunately I can't take care of this project anymore for the following reasons:

1. costs: the stated price was at the lowest limit even for the 50 orders I asked for as to have a starting point; besides, the resin I used to make the cases when all this started failed in time and the better material I found (an aluminium powder + resin mixture) is way too expensive.
2. besides my current business and job (actually the same as last year) I am involved in other two projects, that (I need to say it) gained more support; I'm also a family man; all these don't leave me spare time to look for this one, at least for the moment; they are:
a) polyurethane suspension bushes for off road and engine mounts, so far for Mercedes G (pic attached) and Suzuki, following Land Rover; also thinking about a solution for the low engine mount (75/ZT); hopefully better and cheaper.
b) this: http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=394087 (server down for moving today, please try tomorrow if you are interested to see, it's about a wrist watch)

If anyone is willing to continue my work on the VIS valves oil barriers please feel free to take it and make it; full support from my side, I have CAD files, part list etc. and I don't ask for anything as a compensation for my work.
A big thanks to all involved in this project and especially to Mr. Edd who donated a plastic plenum.

Fidel Chirtes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5816.JPG (123.8 KB, 19 views)

Cheers,

Fidel

workaholic_ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 19:29   #123
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

I suggest anyone reading this thread looks at the "watch".That's awesome!
I have an Omega Seamaster Diver that cost 3 times as much but water resistant to only 300m this one is a 1,000 metre job.
I wish you all the best with the project Dave

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 21:16   #124
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Hi Fidel

It is regretful but very understandable to me that the Oil Barriers are a non starter (at present anyway)
I'm amazed there wasn't more demand for your very fine development, but having said that, 70% of my KV6 customers have not heard of a VIS !!
Most carry on on driving till a car "stops" and that's just the problem with VIS in that it's a "maskable" fault!!

Good to hear you have some new projects though and I wish you all the success!
I've also looked into various bush manufacture but the main stumbling block is that it's debatable whether some are a DIY task to get pressed out of housings etc.

Regards
Jules

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 22:59   #125
MikeHurley
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6

I totally concur with your comments Jules, very understandable and sad at the same time.

Although not being of any technical competence myself it would be a tribute to Fidel if members within the Forum could determine if the Fidel product could be produced somewhere, as by all accounts it will be a design improvement to any KV6 engine with VIS motors !

M
Rear o/s wheel bearing set changed.....Aug 2014
Cam & Aux Belts...May 2014
Tazu Inner tie rod ends...May 2014
Need Timing Belts changed...done April 2014
Front Shocks and Strut Bearings ....done Mar 2014
Polybushes to Wishbone Arms.....done Mar 2014
Handbrake compensator changed...done Oct 2013
Exhaust Back Box a.......done 16/8/13
Quality Front Drop Links...done 16/8/13
Rear Springs ..done 16/8/13
MikeHurley is offline   Reply With Quote