Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th October 2010, 07:35   #111
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
I've just got mine installed and I must say I am very pleased so far. But I do have a couple of issues, ......

General Fit:

... the bottom edge of my unit doesn't sit flush with the heater control panel in the dash.

Radio:

.... I can pick up most radio stations but the reception is generally poor on the move with plenty of hissing and crackling.

Satnav:

Iit doesn't seem to have the road info for my area (Bracknell).....
Sounds like you are describing my unit! .

With regard to the fitment, my old setup (Symphony) included a bracket on the rear bulkhead that supported the back of the Symphony. It made fitting the new unit difficult, so I removed it. I will try replacing it to see if it improves the fit. Perhaps you are missing this bracket?

With regards radio reception, I did the wiring mod to power the aerial antenna, but no improvement. I seem to recall reading somewhere that aerial amps were deleted (Project Drive?), so maybe this is the issue?

The mapping issue is straightforward. Send Sean an e-mail and he will direct you to a link to download and re-install the UK map. This WILL solve that particular problem. (when I get home, I will check to see if I still have the link, and if so, I'll send you a PM).

Hope this helps,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 07:38   #112
Teflon
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickernick View Post
.... The Ipod function allows everything all from one rotary knob!! ...
Is there a way to move back a level using the rotary knob (i.e. you select "Music", scroll to "Artists", select, say, "Beatles", then want to get back to "Artists" to look for someone else)?

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 20th October 2010, 07:55   #113
Teflon
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
With regards radio reception, I did the wiring mod to power the aerial antenna, but no improvement. I seem to recall reading somewhere that aerial amps were deleted (Project Drive?), so maybe this is the issue?
Ignore the comment above! Just read this from Reebs excellent post on Project Drive:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs
10th December 2001 / from VIN 240702 – 75 & ZT
On vehicles fitted with Symphony / High-Line ICE systems, an AM/FM ‘Diversity’ amplifier was located in the passenger side ‘D’ post. This unit was subsequently replaced with the Harmony Non ‘Diversity’ unit, and the rear screen glass spec was changed from part number CQB000220 (full coax) to CQB000350 (single coax). In addition, the IF diversity cable linking the amplifier in the ‘D’ post to the tuner was removed from the wiring harness. So from this point on, all cars only use one FM element from the rear screen instead of a choice of three.
So it looks like I will have to check that the amp is receiving power (likely scenario is that I have made a mess of the wiring! ).

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 20th October 2010, 10:42   #114
t_i_m
Avid contributor

ZT-T CDTi

With regards to fitment, mine protrudes slightly from the heater panel which is due to the two springs on either side of the unit (at the bottom) being set slightly too far back (I compared against the two springs on my highline head unit). Therefore the bottom swings out until these springs come into contact with the back of the dash. I assume if you remove the heater panel you could access these to pack them out and make it flush? These are riveted on the new unit but are screwed on the old head unit which allowed them to be shifted forward slightly.

My radio reception too is poor but I have used two extension cables from the boot which I assume will not help.
t_i_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 12:07   #115
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Tim,the easy way to give a nice flush fit at the bottom is to get a wooden spring clothes peg and separate the two halves and then cut the bottom tapered bits off to give you two wedges.Remove the climate control panel and you can feel behind to locate the metal springs and just slide a wedge up between the dash and the spring and it will pull the unit flush giving a really tight fit.Thats how I did mine and it doesn't budge.

picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 12:29   #116
Teflon
This is my second home

What a great idea! Just one thing - is it easy to get the climate panel off with the radio in place if you need to get the unit out again?

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 20th October 2010, 12:36   #117
t_i_m
Avid contributor

ZT-T CDTi

Good idea picky I will try that. Cliff I can get my climate facia off easy enough with everything in place then its just the 4 screws.
t_i_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 14:39   #118
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_i_m View Post
Good idea picky I will try that. Cliff I can get my climate facia off easy enough with everything in place then its just the 4 screws.
There is a cover over the heater panel, which needs to be prised off to gain access to the 4 screws which hold the heater panel in.

This is strange I have now fitted 5 of these units and never had a problem with the bottom overlapping the heat control panel.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 16:22   #119
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Just press open the cigarette lighter and from there you can pull the bottom of the climate control panel away to expose the 4 screws.Tony ,the bottom doesn't overlap but just doesn't sit flush with the climate control panel. Due to the weight it tends to push the bottom of the unit forward slightly by a few mm until the springs contact the back of the dash opening.The wedges work great.

Last edited by picky747; 20th October 2010 at 16:26..
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 17:08   #120
Teflon
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
...... it doesn't seem to have the road info for my area (Bracknell).....
Hi Rich,

You have a PM,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6