Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th September 2014, 17:41   #111
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

MOT pre check n the diesel all done and airbag warning light now working. It was a loose connection under the drivers seat.

Found a little problem with the suspension, a bolt had come un done OOps!

See my full suspension overhaul post for details.

Finally I've given up trying to get the rear parking sensors working on the V6. I got so fed up with the constant tick, tick, tick sound from the speaker I've disconnected the system at the ECU.

It's a pity as I really miss them when parking up but even with another set of sensors and ECU I got the same ticking sound as soon as reverse was selected and it continued when drive was selected which meant every time I reversed out of the drive or a parking spot I had to switch off the ignition and start again without the ticking.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 18:25   #112
Jordan Apex
This is my second home

Jaguar XFR 2011MY

I would imagine the loom causes the issue, it is the most common fault with the sensors
Jordan Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 22:25   #113
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Apex View Post
I would imagine the loom causes the issue, it is the most common fault with the sensors
Loom checks out ok and sensors are working. I've substituted them with another set including the ECU but ticking is the same.

As I've said I've given up on this one, they've not worked for almost 18 months and I got fed up with the ticking in my ears all day long.
Old 5th September 2014, 23:04   #114
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Hey you never told me you had an sd1 Jim,,when I visited your area, I would have loved to have seen/ridden in that, my mates mother had a partner who had a red one B reg years ago, lovely car.
Old 6th September 2014, 22:37   #115
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Hi Richard

It on my "Avatar" on every post. My Vitesse is like new after a 3 year re fit. The only original panel is the roof, not that it was in a bad way, far from it as just 6 months before I had it at the SD1 National and it looked good.

I also have a Vanden Plas Princess 1300 automatic, it's a 1974 one of the last known to survive and has only around 35k on the clock.

On top of that I have a Raleigh Rudge Wentworth pedal cycle circa 1950's with 4 speed Sturmey archer dynahub which still works. It has solid rod brakes (made before the cable type)

You will need to make another holiday to Scotland, just tell the missus you still have lots of scenery to see !!
Old 11th September 2014, 20:31   #116
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Kept my MOT pass rate intact today with a pass and NO advisories on the missus's diesel. The drop links fitted last year are still ok after being "injected" with grease.

You may recall I went to a different MOT station with my V6 and got about 12 advisories. Hardly surprising I won't be going back there as my V6 is in far better condition than the diesel with the exception the diesel got all its' suspension components sand blasted.

I would like to do the same with the V6 but the "boss" might object to the extra expense.

My pre MOT checks takes in around a full days work power washing everything and stripping off the discs and pads etc. for cleaning and re adjust the handbrake to hold at about 3 - 4 clicks.

This year I had noticed that the red plastic release catch on the front seat belts was fading. I used to supply coach tape and vinyl's I had some good quality red vinyl so I cut two to shape and stuck them over the plastic catch. It looked so good I did the same with the V6.
Old 1st October 2014, 12:01   #117
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Surprising Insurance Renewal

Received my notification of renewal on the V6 this morning and it's £136.61 which is slightly cheaper than last year.

I reckon this is the first time in many years since the insurance actually dropped in price.

I must also check on the diesel ,as looking through previous posts the insurance for it should have been approx. one month ago but I certainly don't recall any notification coming in and they're both done through M & S.
Old 6th October 2014, 20:14   #118
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default OOPS ! It pays to check

Just checked out on the insurance renewal I received last week.

It was for the diesel , NOT the V6 so it has jumped up by over £20 so I expect the V6 renewal will jump up the same.

Unless I jump onto the PC and get another quote
Old 16th November 2014, 15:00   #119
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Still on the old story of insurance with the two 75's and my renewal has just arrived for the V6 which is £211.35 a whopping increase of some £62 so I'm afraid they will told what to do with it.

In actual fact I have decided to place the car on SORN and with the 3 months refund plus the insurance costs I am finally going to do the cam belts, water pump etc.
We really don't need two cars over the winter months so in the spring I will re assess what to do with them.

The missus just can't make up her mind what she wants to do car wise and with the towing of the caravan.
Old 16th December 2014, 21:00   #120
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Well gentlemen and ladies too, the time has come and the decision has been reached, the diesel is soon to be replaced with something more modern and a bit more power to tow our caravan.

I don't want to say what it is at the moment as even the family don't know but we will be picking up our new car next week.

The diesel will soon be placed on SORN and before I place it up for sale officially I will be replacing the front wings and fit the new drop links I have in the workshop.

Also tomorrow morning I will be getting a new windscreen fitted as believe it or not on our way to make the new purchase after a 2 hour journey we stopped in at a garden centre for a meal break and when we got back out on the road what I thought was piece of grass along the windscreen adjacent to the tax disc holder was in fact a 5" crack going horizontally.
I think the car was trying to tell us something !

I would not dream of selling the car with a cracked screen so before the insurance is transferred I have paid my £75 glass excess to get a new screen fitted.

As you will appreciate our diesel 75 has given us 12 years of the best motoring we have experienced, we even added a second 2.5 V6 about three years ago as a second car, well fourth car actually as I have two classics sitting in the garage, my fully restored SD1 Vitesse and a partially restored Vanden Plas 1300 automatic which is in extremely good nick and has only done 34k from new in 1974.

Anyway back to the 2.0 litre diesel Connoisseur auto it has just turned 139k earlier today and the car has a phenomenal history. I have kept a word diary almost since new and this extends to 28 pages. On top of that I have spread sheets on all expenditure since new and practically all the fuel fill ups the car has had. I have a full file book with all relative paperwork and receipts since new right down to the newspaper advert which drew our attention to the car. Servicing has been carried out by myself since three years old and no expense has been spared. I would also arrange to have all photographs (and there are several hundred) of the car since new available to any intended buyer.

Check out my other topic on my suspension overhaul (see below) and you will see just what this car is like.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=111878

Honestly both the diesel and my V6 have been a dream to drive and as you will have noticed I recently placed the V6 on SORN also. As this has a lower mileage I intend to keep it for the time being and will be replacing the cam belts and water pump etc. over the coming months. I will most probably sell off one of my classics to make room for the V6 in the garage just to give me something to do in my retirement years.

So to conclude this evening gentlemen and ladies too of course if you are keen to show an interest in the diesel please contact me via PM but I will say I don't intend to give the car away due to it's condition and history.

At the end of the day it will be quite an emotional event when the car leaves us so I would rather it goes to someone who has a passion about the marque.