Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st July 2013, 22:29   #111
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
A Skoda or a 260...I don't know which way I would go. It would be so difficult

No - I must not start - we've had our exchange for today
I agree completely, but it still has better seats, and im talking about the Fabia here, not the Octavia. Which is embarrassing.

Just look for ZT seats on ebay. Pretty much every single one has a significantly worn drivers seat, as does almost every car with the seat pictured. How many times have I seen the phrase 'the usual drivers seat wear' ? Dozens and dozens.

Last edited by rovexCDTi; 21st July 2013 at 22:32..
rovexCDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 22:31   #112
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABOTAGE View Post
On Ebay a few weeks ago there was a 54 plate ZT190+ for £1700, underneath it a 54 plate V8 for £7000. So for an extra £5300 you get an extra 70bhp, a plastic horse in the lower grill and you can tell everyone that just over 800 were made, not that anyone would really care.

IMHO that's where MGR went wrong with the V8, it looks no different to a ZT. If its a limited edition then it should look like one with perhaps re-styled front and rear bumpers, wing vents and a v8 distinctive boot spoiler
I think we all love the 75/ZT because theres loads about and they are as cheap as chips and for a limited outlay you cant get any better, but I would nt dream of paying 7k + for a V8, theres far better cars around for that kind of dosh
I refer you to my previous remark. If you're buying one because they're cheap, or because there are loads of them (not as many as you might think) you just don't get it. And the magic that the ZT has, the V8 has too. Just shedloads more.
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 22:37   #113
Zafonic
Banned

Rover 75 Conni cdt 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Please watch this, may have the answer for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82vKZDzmVzA
This whole subject is a heart thing ,i,m sure I,m right and because of that, YES they do sound fantastic fortunately my head is not getting involved
Zafonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 22:45   #114
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie666 View Post
If you're buying one because they're cheap, or because there are loads of them (not as many as you might think) you just don't get it.
I have to agree. One of the most annoying things on the 75/ZT forums is the constant talk of cheap, cheap...

It's quality, gentlemen, quality that we are all about

For Christian's benefit, that includes oil.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 22:51   #115
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Quote:
I have to agree. One of the most annoying things on the 75/ZT forums is the constant talk of cheap, cheap...

For your sake dont assume high quality where none may exist.
Old 22nd July 2013, 07:56   #116
GT Courier

Billy No Car

How often has this topic raised it's head on this forum now, and yet there are the same old silly comments from people who have made the same old silly comments on other threads,

Those people just don't understand and never will, yet quite often they want to buy one as well!

I think we have been over the comparison to other cars, BMW, Jaguar etc, but at the end of the day the MG/75 was in a similar performance bracket to similar cars at the time, do I need to repeat the supercharger story again! lol
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 07:57   #117
GT Courier

Billy No Car

Quote:

Unfortunately a lot of people on here confuse 'I can't afford or don't want to pay' with 'it's too expensive'
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:08   #118
johnny t
Loves to post

MG ZT 135+/ MG ZT 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Courier View Post
Unfortunately a lot of people on here confuse 'I can't afford or don't want to pay' with 'it's too expensive'
Well said that man
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:07   #119
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

You have all missed the classic BMW ploy. They sell you a car at a higher price than it really should be, on the basis that they hold their resale price better at the end of say 3 years.

In reality you are making BMW an interest free loan of this "higher extra return" which you get back at the end of the 3 years.

I can remember when BMW 3 Series had rubber carpets and the officinadoes still raved about them, even when they face lifted them incessently (I remember when Rover were chidied for "yet another facelift") they fell for it.

In the UK BMW appears to be on a pedestal, in Germany they are "just another car" and a not very good one at that.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:13   #120
Howie666

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Courier View Post
How often has this topic raised it's head on this forum now, and yet there are the same old silly comments from people who have made the same old silly comments on other threads,

Those people just don't understand and never will, yet quite often they want to buy one as well!

I think we have been over the comparison to other cars, BMW, Jaguar etc, but at the end of the day the MG/75 was in a similar performance bracket to similar cars at the time, do I need to repeat the supercharger story again! lol
So what we have here is a fundamental dichotomy. The members of the owners club who are true enthusiasts, who love the cars because of what they are and what they represent, and the members who are here because it's a handy resource for keeping and old cheap **** car on the road for a bit longer, on the cheap, until a better (newer) dull grey box becomes cheap enough to replace the old shed with...
I know which camp I'm in. If that makes me a fanboi/fanboy then so be it. I may have spent a lot of money on my car. I will spend more in the future, but I know I won't be able to get a better car.
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote