Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st July 2012, 18:29   #91
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Wax? I know of no wax that is soluble in water. Does that exist?
Just to clarify Miff; the Vax is a kind of vacuum cleaner that can pull up water! The best option is of course taking out the carpet but if you are using it every day some of the suggestions of using newspaper will definitely help. Try and get as much out as possible (look under the main carpet to see how mouch could be lurking in case its a real flood!). Luckily I caught my leaky pipes early; use the car daily so did this and also used the aircon on max cold for several weeks and that has dried things out without any mildew or smells.
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 19:24   #92
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDave View Post
Just to clarify Miff; the Vax is a kind of vacuum cleaner that can pull up water! .................ls.
I see.
I was about to demand a refund of some of my school fees!
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2012, 15:17   #93
Nunfa1
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5V6 Auto Con SE

Finally go round to doing my driver's side drain today. The pipe was completely adrift. Had a measure up while I was doing it. The sunroof drain diameter is 13.9mm and the internal diameter of the connector is 12mm. I filled this out until it was approximately 13mm and then the pipe pushed on, with a little vaselene, and felt secure. So the connectors are ok if you're prepared to do a little work on them.
Nunfa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 23:26   #94
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I used my ZT for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday and discovered a wet front passenger side carpet (only just sorted the ZT-T water leak earlier in this thread).

Anyhow, I followed Arctics guide and bought a set of hose connectors from Halfords

Once dismantled, I saw this, the drain tube was loose, moving freely in and out of the bulkhead end section, and it was covered in some rubberised black sealant which had long given up the job

This was the stuff once removed from the drain tube

The end o f the sunroof tube was also heavily silted up

After cleaning I set about attaching the hose connector to the drain tube end, but could not get the tubing inside the hose connector for love nor money Instead, I was able to pull the pipe over the sleeve of the connector which made a very tight and secure fit

I then taped the end up for added security

Then it was a case as Arctic says of offering up the hose connector to the bulkhead end

Which was then finally taped up too

I do hope that solves the problem, I think it will. As an aside, I found I didn't need to remove the fuse box as suggested, but instead just dropped the fuse box access panel at the top of the passenger footwell. This gave all the space I needed to do the work.

Many thanks Arctic for your thread, it has hopefully sorted my facelift ZT 180 for good in this respect.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 23:45   #95
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Paul
the reason you were unable to insert the sunroof tube was becasue you purchased 13mm hose connectors what is needed is 16mm /5/8 connectors but i think what you have done will still do the job well worth doing great job

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st August 2012 at 00:37.. Reason: Over-Quoting
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 00:02   #96
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Ah, that would explain why I was never going to get the drain tube 'inside' the hose connector I did read and re-read your opening post to try and ascertain the size of hose connector to buy, but couldn't find it mentioned I was looking specifically around fig 22 & 26. So I took my best guess. If it is there, then perhaps it could be highlighted or underlined so that others don't miss it too But thanks for doing all the hard work in researching and documenting the process in the first place
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 00:36   #97
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Ah, that would explain why I was never going to get the drain tube 'inside' the hose connector I did read and re-read your opening post to try and ascertain the size of hose connector to buy, but couldn't find it mentioned I was looking specifically around fig 22 & 26. So I took my best guess. If it is there, then perhaps it could be highlighted or underlined so that others don't miss it too But thanks for doing all the hard work in researching and documenting the process in the first place
HI Reebs i have highlighted it above the photo 26 in which you can just make out 5/8 stamped on the connector i should have added some pencil to it which then shows up the size perfect will try and take another tomorrow with this method yours below i think.

please use size 5/8=16mm not 1/2 =12.7 as these are to small for inserting the sunroof tube.

ad altiora tendo.

Last edited by Arctic; 21st August 2012 at 00:38..
Old 21st August 2012, 00:38   #98
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

And relevant posts combined here

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st August 2012 at 01:06..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 08:45   #99
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

[Looks like I have joined the water babies head lining wet water on floor passenger side.This was sorted when I first purchased the car clearly not a prominent fix!!! What a pain

I have just ordered the hose connectors hope to get it sorted soon

QUOTE=Arctic;1080663]HI Reebs i have highlighted it above the photo 26 in which you can just make out 5/8 stamped on the connector i should have added some pencil to it which then shows up the size perfect will try and take another tomorrow with this method yours below i think.

please use size 5/8=16mm not 1/2 =12.7 as these are to small for inserting the sunroof tube.
[/QUOTE]
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 17:04   #100
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolleysox View Post
[Looks like I have joined the water babies head lining wet water on floor passenger side.This was sorted when I first purchased the car clearly not a prominent fix!!! What a pain

I have just ordered the hose connectors hope to get it sorted soon

QUOTE=Arctic;1080663]HI Reebs i have highlighted it above the photo 26 in which you can just make out 5/8 stamped on the connector i should have added some pencil to it which then shows up the size perfect will try and take another tomorrow with this method yours below i think.

[/QUOTE]

HI Rob
hope you have not ordere the hose connectors in the photo above as these are the wrong size you want 5/8 = 16mm from halfords or mafco cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.