Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th January 2018, 09:06   #91
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Bob, Lets hope Debbie wants the flat that much she will be prepared to pay the full asking price, it does sound promising, especially as she wants the flat for her son.

It will be nice to turn down the other guys offer, he may then up the game, you never know.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 14:53   #92
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Well, that's that then,............................

............................................. Following on from the recent saga I have now taken the flat off of the market. It is no longer For Sale through the estate agents. The original buyer has now decided to lower his offer even further. I said no, and with that the estate agents have been badgering me to accept his offer.

Out of blue this morning two people turned up to view, as far as I was aware there were no more bookings. I phoned the estate agents and was told that these people were booked to come and look. Well, I have no email or text confirming this. The agents gave the names of the people and after asking for proof of ID, I let them in. Very nice couple, very happy with the layout, loved the loft and complimented me on how clean and tidy the place was. Said they would let me know.

With that I was about to leave when the doorbell rang. Three more people had come to view. No, no, no more. Phoned the estate agents and guess what it had slipped there mind to tell me. I then refused to let the people in and told them why. They were not very nice about it in their reply. So that started me thinking about taking it off of the market.
I locked up and went to meet a fellow forum member, Peter B, to collect some bits for me to take down to Ian in Dorset.
Peter's wife made me a nice cuppa and we chatted. Peter told me the story about the rear hatch struts which had travelled half way around the world from Rimmer Bros., 13,500 miles to be precise. All because someone in the local sorting office had re-directed the parcel.

Said my goodbyes after having another look at Peter's brand new MG ZS. Nice but not for me, although I don't think Peter is too keen on it either. But it was a Xmas present from his children. Think Peter wants another Rover 75 CDTi.
Driving home and my mobile rang but I refuse to use my phone whilst driving.
Once home I found I had 3 missed calls from the agent. Could they re-book the missed viewing, no was my reply. Then had I considered the new offer from Mr K. Yes I had but the answer was no.

Made myself a nice cuppa and decided that enough was enough. Really starting to stress me out, had that sickness feeling in the pit of my stomach. Felt tired and seemed to be in another world. Then I remembered Debbie was coming to see me. Well why not I thought. Nothing to lose.
Debbie arrived with her hubby, and her ex-hubby and their son. Never had so many people in my flat all at one time.
We chatted about the flat. Turned out that ex-hubby is a builder and present hubby is a property investor.

I told them of my decision to take the flat off of the market and the reason why. Debbie, bless her told me to sit down and sent her son, Sam, into my kitchen to make some tea. We had a long chat and they helped to put my mind at ease. Told me not to get stressed, but after drinking Sam's idea of making tea I though about opening the Malt whisky.
What followed was as if a huge weight had been taken off of my shoulders, and did we laugh.

So what now? Well I'll still be looking to move to Cornwall after all, as I have now sold my flat to Sam, and at the best price possible. I have been told that I can take my time in finding somewhere to live and there is no pressure to move out.
Debbie ushered the others out of the front room as she could see I was close to tears. She have me a huge hug and told me not to worry about anything. After they left, I did cry a bit. More from relief than anything else.

So on Monday I will be telling the estate agent to take the board down and stick it somewhere.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 15:04   #93
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
............................................. Following on from the recent saga I have now taken the flat off of the market. It is no longer For Sale through the estate agents. The original buyer has now decided to lower his offer even further. I said no, and with that the these people were booked to come and look. Well, I have no email or text confirming this. The agents gave the names of the people and after asking for proof of ID, I let them in. Very nice couple, very happy with the layout, loved the loft and complimented me on how clean and tidy the place was. Said they would let me know.

With that I was about to leave when the doorbell rang. Three more people had come to view. No, no, no more. Phoned the estate agents and guess what it had slipped there mind to tell me. I then refused to let the people in and told them why. They were not very nice about it in their reply. So that started me thinking about taking it off of the market.
I locked up and went to meet a fellow forum member, Peter B, to collect some bits for me to take down to Ian in Dorset.
Peter's wife made me a nice cuppa and we chatted. Peter told me the story about the rear hatch struts which had travelled half way around the world from Rimmer Bros., 13,500 miles to be precise. All because someone in the local sorting office had re-directed the parcel.

Said my goodbyes after having another look at Peter's brand new MG ZS. Nice but not for me, although I don't think Peter is too keen on it either. But it was a Xmas present from his children. Think Peter wants another Rover 75 CDTi.
Once home I found I had 3 missed calls from the agent. Could they re-book the missed viewing, no was my reply. Then had I considered the new offer from Mr K. Yes I had but the answer was no.

Made myself a nice cuppa and decided that enough was enough. Really starting to stress me out, had that sickness feeling in the pit of my stomach. Felt tired and seemed to be in another world. Then I remembered Debbie was coming to see me. Well why not I thought. Nothing to lose.
Debbie arrived with her hubby, and her ex-hubby and their son. Never had so many people in my flat all at one time.
We chatted about the flat. Turned out that ex-hubby is a builder and present hubby is a property investor.

I told them of my decision to take the flat off of the market and the reason why. Debbie, bless her told me to sit down and sent her son, Sam, into my kitchen to make some tea. We had a long chat and they helped to put my mind at ease. Told me not to get stressed, but after drinking Sam's idea of making tea I though about opening the Malt whisky.
What followed was as if a huge weight had been taken off of my shoulders, estate agents have been badgering me to accept his offer.

Out of blue this morning two people turned up to view, as far as I was aware there were no more bookings. I phoned the estate agents and was told that and did we laugh.

So what now? Well I'll still be looking to move to Cornwall after all, as I have now sold my flat to Sam, and at the best price possible. I have been told that I can take my time in finding somewhere to live and there is no pressure to move out.
Debbie ushered the others out of the front room as she could see I was close to tears. She have me a huge hug and told me not to worry about anything. After they left, I did cry a bit. More from relief than anything else.

So on Monday I will be telling the estate agent to take the board down and stick it somewhere.
Congratulations, good luck with the next step.
Though your problems have put me off moving for life
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 18:11   #94
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Congratulations, Bob. Seems like a stressful few days but hopefully all now resolved and no nasty surprises.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 18:28   #95
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

A good job Debbie came through for you Bob and she could see the emotional roller coaster you have been going through. It looks as though it’s going to work out for you with no pressures from Debbie, what with her friendship and commitment to buy. Have another Whiskey and relax, you’ve earned it
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 18:48   #96
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
............................................. Following on from the recent saga I have now taken the flat off of the market. It is no longer For Sale through the estate agents. The original buyer has now decided to lower his offer even further. I said no, and with that the estate agents have been badgering me to accept his offer.

Out of blue this morning two people turned up to view, as far as I was aware there were no more bookings. I phoned the estate agents and was told that these people were booked to come and look. Well, I have no email or text confirming this. The agents gave the names of the people and after asking for proof of ID, I let them in. Very nice couple, very happy with the layout, loved the loft and complimented me on how clean and tidy the place was. Said they would let me know.

What followed was as if a huge weight had been taken off of my shoulders, and did we laugh.

Stick,it somewhere, I wonder where that " somewhere" could be? Possbly it begins with A and has 3 more letters.
Old 27th January 2018, 22:15   #97
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Another word for NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- perhaps Rich

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 00:03   #98
Timbo.P6
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR T SE WITH MISSING SATNAV ROVER P6 2000 SC

Really hope everything goes smoothly for you ,from now on,and you have a lovely life in Cornwall, We,ll be following you but not for a few years yet, grandkids who live with us,wont be finished school for another 6 years,
Was always a plan to retire to either Ibiza or Cornwall, but we dont like the way things are going in Ibiza now,government are upping prices of everything,to try to make the island a place for the rich only, Hotels that were £50 a night last year,is £200 a night this year !!. 3 star hotels have to shape up and become 4 star hotels and 4 star have to become 5 star, its a shame ,away from the stag/hen crowd its a lovely island, but think this year will be our last holiday there,
So Cornwall will be our final home, swmbo has a lot of family down there,so we wont be 100% incomers,
Wishing you all the very best for the future,
Old 29th January 2018, 16:03   #99
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Onto the next stage we go......................

......................................... As we have now parted company with the estate agents. This decision has given me a boost.
Took the Bear over to Michaels and parked her up on the driveway. Quite pleased with myself in reversing into the drive, and at my first and only attempt. Looks the part on the drive.

Then indoors where Laura, my niece, had made a pot of tea. Had a lovely chat before Michael insisted we popped along to the 'Orange Tree' on Totteridge Common for a swift half.
A couple of halves later I left as I had to get home via the tube. Northern Line as fas the Bank and onto the Central line and home.

Tomorrow we start our mini tours off for 2018.

onen hag oll
Old 14th February 2018, 12:18   #100
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Update.........................

...................................... on the sale of my flat. I have now completed the paperwork sent to me by the "new" buyer's solicitor. Even managed to find the EPC report on the GOV.UK website.
This time I have kept a copy of all the questions and my answers.

Been back to Devon/Cornwall twice over the last month looking at property. But will wait till i have a deposit before continuing my search, although i do have a viewing next week booked. Plus I may take the Bear for a good run, I did go over to Michael's last Monday and started her up. Not only that but I'm getting Banana withdrawal symptoms.

Still sorting out stuff to be moved. Emma has sold quite a few items on eBay for me. Been in contact with a local removal company. So everything is running OK this end.

Many thanks for the PM's and advice.

The mini tours will continue, along with a few meets. Just to keep my eye in, so to speak.

onen hag oll