Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2014, 16:03   #91
Gooner1961

Rover75 Connie

Default Handbrake SSC

Ordered Saturday Despatched Monday Arrived Wednesday Fitted Wednesday Returned old one Thursday all went well ur a TOP GEEZER
Old 31st October 2014, 10:23   #92
Jackyboy
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default Handbrake mod

Is there anyone in or near the Colchester area who could do this mod for me? Unfortunately my arthritic fingers will not perform such tasks.
Old 1st November 2014, 01:40   #93
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyboy View Post
Is there anyone in or near the Colchester area who could do this mod for me? Unfortunately my arthritic fingers will not perform such tasks.

Hi James.
I am sure a kind member will come forward to you aid, anyone near James whom can help cheers Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 15th November 2014, 12:29   #94
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Many thanks

Thanks to arctic for the compensator and how to. My handbrake is now working properly. Grrrrreat! Old compensator on its way to you by first class recorded.

mike
Old 18th November 2014, 14:13   #95
ROBBIE G
Posted a thing or two

75 saloon 1.8 classic

Fitted one too handbrake works 100% better thanks mate
Old 27th November 2014, 13:37   #96
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Hi Steve, just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU. Wuzerk ordered a compensator for me and we fitted it this afternoon. Totally brilliant. I will post my old one back to you tomorrow (Friday), after work.

Thanks again
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
Old 30th November 2014, 18:31   #97
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Paul (ALPACA.
I received your old compensator yesterday via Fred, (WUZERK) glad to hear you are pleased and you have the handbrake these cars deserve.

T16, Psmith, Handjackdaniels, your SSC are packed and ready to be posted off to you first thing in the Morning cheers boys Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 1st December 2014, 07:20   #98
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Paul (ALPACA.
I received your old compensator yesterday via Fred, (WUZERK) glad to hear you are pleased and you have the handbrake these cars deserve.

T16, Psmith, Handjackdaniels, your SSC are packed and ready to be posted off to you first thing in the Morning cheers boys Arctic

Good morning Steve. I am always amazed and very grateful to those members who devise mods which improve our cars and help keep them going, and I was at that point with my handbrake cable (coming up far too many clicks, almost two inches of thread showing past the adjustment nut...), where I knew work needed to be done.

Your mod is totally brilliant, and now the handbrake is exactly as you say, what the car deserves. Wuzerk and I just renewed all of the discs and pads as well, all original and thirteen years old, scored discs, holes in places, 112,000 miles useage. Now Roxy feels like she just left the showroom with powerful brakes and a handbrake that really works.

Thanks again Steve, great service, and a brilliant mod.
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
Old 1st December 2014, 18:32   #99
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Paul.
Thank you I did measure your compensator as it was stretched a lot and you managed to equal the record of 18mm, i can just imagine how high the handbrake must have been pulling up all good now have a nice Christmas cheers Arctic

LOL..... I am delighted with that as I have never achieved a record of any sort in my life, so equal first is great (do I get a trophy). Yes, once I had applied the handbrake, I then had to chock the wheels to ensure Roxy stayed stationary..... Tis lovely now that the handbrake holds the old girl. Thanks again Steve and may I wish you and your family a totally brilliant Christmas and a very
Old 8th December 2014, 19:07   #100
psmith
Avid contributor

MG 3 style Lux, Rover 45 Cub SE

Thumbs up Compensator Mod

Hi Steve
Just fitted the modified compensator and i now have one working handbrake. Now setup to operate on 3 clicks and no more panicking on steep hills.
Cheers
Paul
Closed Thread