Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2024, 15:39   #91
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Does sound like a little too much too soon Bob, take it easy and if in doubt get on the phone pronto.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2024, 16:02   #92
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Patience is a virtue which rarely manifests in any of us these days. Do try not to overdo it, and look after yourself. Hopefully you will soon be your old self again.
coolguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2024, 20:37   #93
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Apparently when Karen comes home she is going to hide all my shoes. I think that’s a bit mean.

But advice taken on board and I will take things slower. It’s been 58 days since I fell. So another 23 days to go, I have just got to be patient.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2024, 20:15   #94
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

You couldn’t make it up if you tried.

The doctor had arrived around 16.00. The strong painkillers made me very tired, not a bad thing. Only thing was I didn’t have very many to start with, just 6 tablets. 2 down and 4 left. So I decided to stay up as late as I could then take tablet no.3 and hopefully I would sleep all night. Watched the new ‘Trigger Point’ and at 22.00 and tablet taken I turned in.

In the distance I could hear a bell ringing, then I realised it was my mobile ringing. It was on the table beside the bed. Answered it and a very sweet female voice announced that she was a nurse and that she was phoning me to follow up my request for a£vice/help via 111. And the time was 23.45.
I explained that a doctor had been to see me at 16.00. She then checked her computer and asked me to repeat my name and dob. Oh! She had rung the wrong person.

She wished me a good nights sleep and rang off. Was I dreaming, nope it was real as I checked my phone for recent calls.
I slept right round to 07.30. When I woke up the sun was shining. No pain in hip, even when I got out of bed I felt fine.
So after my ritual of slapping on the E45, then over to the sink to wash my hair. And have my wash..

I decided to phone my doctors to report more experience with 111. The very stern receptionist said that she knew the details and the doctor would phone me when he could. (It’s now past 21.00 and no phone call).

My neighbour Kelsey came into see me. She gave me a few tips to motivate my hips. Then she phoned her friend who is a personal trainer, who has been working with Kelsey. So her personal trainer is coming in to see me and give me some exercises to do.

Feeling ok and haven’t taken any strong painkillers since last night. So looks like I did overdo it on Saturday.

onen hag oll
Old 16th February 2024, 18:32   #95
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Had a good week. Last painkillers I took was last Sunday evening, so that’s a good sign. Still get a bit of pain in the hip but not as bad as last weekend.

Ordered a new bed via HSL. Because it was being ordered on medical grounds you don’t pay any VAT. Plus they had a 20% discount on top. Went for the Gold mattress, there was two other choices but settled for this one. Ordered a headboard as well. Just paid the 30% deposit.
Just need to slightly rearrange the bedroom a bit to get the new bed in.

Also got a chap from Acorn stairlifts coming in next Thursday, just want a quote. Not too bothered about ordering one at the moment but if the price is right, who knows.
Paid the deposit on the new bathroom shower unit.

Only been out once this week, Wednesday, when Allen came round with Leafy to give Banana a jump start. Marion has been in twice and Kelsey once. I expect Karen will come over tomorrow.

It appears that HomeFirst have lodged a complaint with the Liskeard physiotherapist unit. Wanting to know why I haven’t had any physio or been shown how to get up, and down the stairs. HomeFirst want to stop coming into me, as the only thing they are doing is emptying the loo.
I also want to get rid of the portable loo plus hospital bed. Really need to get my life back on track.its been 63 days since I fell.

Hoping I get the boot off permanently on the 6th March. There are days when the depression really hits home. But I’m still around.

Thanks for reading, and the advice.

onen hag oll
Old 16th February 2024, 19:17   #96
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Stairlift

Instead of that Bob, why not think of moving, like to a bungalow, with garage hopefully. Rather than spending on bathrooms and stairlifts. Just an idea. Get better soon.
Cheers Jennifer
Old 16th February 2024, 19:30   #97
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Black View Post
Instead of that Bob, why not think of moving, like to a bungalow, with garage hopefully. Rather than spending on bathrooms and stairlifts. Just an idea. Get better soon.
Cheers Jennifer
I cannot move from here. I have the most amazing neighbours. If I moved would I get the same help, very doubtful. You can’t take it with you, and I have worked all my life so why not a spot of spending out. Plus I have two short breaks planned, hotels booked. So I need to get better for the long drives that are coming up.

Hope you are keeping well Jennifer. Might get to see you at the Frimley breakfast meet soon.

onen hag oll
Old 17th February 2024, 21:04   #98
aponte

Audi A6

Hope you're feeling better! Being moved to a hospital bed can feel overwhelming, especially during these uncertain times with Covid. It's crucial to stay informed about Covid protocols and follow the guidance of healthcare professionals to ensure the best possible care and safety. In Canada, accessing necessary medications and supplies during hospitalization is made more convenient through Canadian pharmacy, which offer a range of services including delivery and online ordering. Remember to prioritize your health, follow medical advice, and lean on available resources for support during your hospital stay. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Last edited by aponte; 26th February 2024 at 10:17..
aponte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2024, 19:09   #99
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Went shopping today with Allen n Val, we went to Tesco at Callington. I love this supermarket as it’s not too big but big enough. And it’s the longest walk I have done for over a week. It was tiring but I managed it. Home in the Jazzy and both Allen n Val know where most of my shopping lives. So by the time I got my coat and hat off then put my slipper on they had finished putting everything away.

The weather was so nice I managed to get out onto the decking. Only done it once before since Xmas. Kelsey came in and took my rubbish out. Whilst I was out on the decking Karen, from HomeFirst arrived. She must be the youngest one on the team. She emptied the loo upstairs into the toilet. When she came down the stairs she found me scratching my back.
“Have you got an itch?” Yes I replied.
“Right get yourself seated on the barstool and t shirt off”.

First she checked my back for any sores, then asked me to stand up so that she could check my bum for any traces of sores. Nothing found. Then she applied the E45 cream from my shoulders to my bum. Afterwords she said she would make a note on my records for this to be done at least twice a week for the foreseeable future.
I said that I had been applying the E45 cream to my legs everyday. She added that to the list.

I must admit my back felt better. She made me a cuppa and we chatted about our Air Fryers, she has the Ninja and I have the Tower. Because she rarely gets home before 21.00 most nights she finds the Air Fryer a god send of a device. She also has a slow cooker.
We even swapped recipes.

After Karen left I decided to sit down and have a rest. Marion arrived soon after, she had been a tad unwell since the last time we had met. I said that she should have messaged me and I might have been able to help. That made her laugh. And she said she felt better for that laugh. I have my moments.
We chatted for about an hour, but I was really feeling tired. Marion asked me if I was ok, and I said I was tired. I have no idea what time she left other than the mug of tea that was on the table. It was still hot, I didn’t make it.

I sent Marion a text apologising if I had nodded off. She replied that I had just simply switched off. So she made me a cuppa and had left. Again I was warned about overdoing it.
So here we are, I’m feeling a lot better in myself.

Got physiotherapist coming tomorrow.

onen hag oll
Old 20th February 2024, 13:58   #100
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Good news, and not so good news.

The physiotherapist arrived early, and she was more human and caring on this visit. I had obviously stirred the pot about not being shown how to go up and down the stairs. Because that’s where we started. Fiona, the physiotherapist, showed me the best way to go up the stairs with a single crutch. Made sense to use the crutch, especially coming down. Only one trip today. Fiona then had me standing with my full weight on the fractured ankle. And no pain was a good sign.

As I was going out later with Marion, Fiona suggested that I didn’t try the stairs again today but to try in the morning and if I felt up to it to try again in the afternoon. Hopefully by the weekend I might even be able to sleep upstairs. Something to look forward to. Fiona is coming back next Monday to see how things are and she hinted that we might be able to get rid of the hospital bed and portable loo.

When I first fractured my ankle I was very embarrassed when anyone came in whilst I was sitting on the loo. But having been caught a couple of times now it’s not so embarrassing. One of the HomeFirst ladies said, “ we have seen men’s bits, even handled them. All shapes and sizes. We have had to wipe many a bottom so yours is no different. We always knock on the door and if you answer that you are on the loo we will still come in but just walk past you without stopping. So don’t be embarrassed, after all we all need to poo.”

And that was where I was when Bev arrived this morning. I had wanted to go whilst Fiona was here, so after she left I got seated on the loo. Bev made me a cuppa whilst I got on with it. Then she sat in the chair and we chatted about various things whilst I did the paperwork.
She checked my back for any signs of any sores as I did have an itch earlier on in the week. No sores found but she did apply the E45 cream to my back and my bottom.

After she left I then contacted Marion about going out. I needed to go to the bathroom shop to choose the floor covering colour. So I made my way up to Marion’s car using my crutches. Steadily getting better. She loaded me into the car and we drove up to the store. Chloe was there and I walked in without the crutches as it is all on the level colour chosen, dark grey. And we left the shop and went down to Waterside. I got out and with the crutches we went for a short walk on the level section. Last week I went up the hill section and found that hard work.
Then back to the car and home.

Now the not so good news.
Fiona has told me that my fractured ankle still might have to be operated on as the fracture is an unusual shape. No one in her office has ever seen such anything like it before. She said that hopefully that when I go to the hospital they might say that I will need to keep the boot on for another 6 weeks. But I must be prepared to go in and have it plated. I said that I was hoping to able to leave the boot off all together. Fiona said that will be highly unlikely. And it might be sometime before I drive again.

So back to square one for now. I just need to keep up with the exercises and concentrate on getting up and down the stairs. And going for a walk outside everyday unless it’s raining then no.

onen hag oll