Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th September 2011, 21:24   #51
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Quote:
A Passat with a smaller diesel engine is quicker to 60, and has a higher top speed... and doesn't leak from about 400,000 places in the boot!
Yours only had that few leaks? Sounds like they forgot to fit the standard amount of leaks from the factory. I'm sure mine had the usual number, probably twice or three times what you quoted

I was thinking that I could use them to my advantage, and convert the boot into a mobile swimming pool or jaccuzzi, and charge people for rides, but unfortunately the previous owner had made some holes to let the water out, so I couldn't make any use of the rainfall that kept pouring in
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 11:45   #52
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

lol

Its strange, because some of the quality of the build and the intelligence of certain bits of engineering is excellent.

Then you have the horror show in the boot! Also Ive noticed that the body coloured trims that are chrome on the Rovers, are actually flaming chrome, just painted over! ARRGHH!

Its a double edged sword!

Underneath the car is very well thought out, with the bracing, the layout, its done rather well, as is the front end... all nice and easy and common sense construction.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 13:12   #53
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
lol

Its strange, because some of the quality of the build and the intelligence of certain bits of engineering is excellent.

Then you have the horror show in the boot! Also Ive noticed that the body coloured trims that are chrome on the Rovers, are actually flaming chrome, just painted over! ARRGHH!

Its a double edged sword!

Underneath the car is very well thought out, with the bracing, the layout, its done rather well, as is the front end... all nice and easy and common sense construction.
In my experience, this holds true for pretty much every piece of complex equipment from any manufacturer in any country of everything from cars to cash registers.

I know a fair number of members have had the "Lake Windermere" problem in the boot, but both my 75s (an early Cowley Build and a later Longbridge build) have wanted nothing more than a good clean and grease of the tail light seals to sort it. Never had a problen with the rear window trim leaking.

As far as the body coloured trim goes, that's because the MG versions were an afterthought and done on the cheap by the Phoenix Four. Hving several million bits of chrome ready and waiting they weren't going to shell out more of their pension fund on getting in unchromed stuff to paint.
Old 19th September 2011, 13:18   #54
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

I think that the side trims are actually polished stainless steel, so I'm not sure what else you would use. Unpolished stailess steel would be better to aid paint adhesion, and I think better than steel.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote