Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th September 2011, 11:21   #21
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Came home from work and all was working normally Phoned sky at 6 to cancell engineer and after being passed about and put on hold they said they couldn't do it and i had to phone BT. Phoned BT with engineer reference number to be passed about and put on hold to be told it was openreach, nothing to do with BT and sky had to cancell the visit. Phoned sky back and was put on hold for almost an hour to be told that the engineer was cancelled at 7.30........Not convinced as I think they just wanted rid of me. Almost 3 hours to cancel a visit? Will have to wait and see what happens tomorow? Ordered HD package from sky and seriously considering ditching it before it arrives, customer care is shocking

This is the kind of service we recieved from SKY, passed from pillar to post and then lied to a la "Its not our problem its someone elses" their Customer care is appalling.

Perhaps you could try buying a new Ethernet Card, you can pick them up for as little as £10 now. Install it and see what happens. I had loads of problems with mine up until I changed to a Plug in (PCI) Card and since then, nothing, not a problem.

Also would suggest thinking of swapping to another Supplier Someone mentioned Plusnet on here, I have heard they are good though we are with Virgin and they have been good too (Customer Service wise I mean, though the actual Connection here from Virgin Cable has been nothing short of perfect)
Old 12th September 2011, 21:21   #22
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I ended up converting the pc to wifi by adding a wifi card, not the best solution but a fix non the less. Sky ended up sending a free router but not had chance to try it

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote