Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th August 2011, 21:28   #1
caravaman0
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer cdt1

Default Rover 75 CDT Turbo problems

Rover 75 CDT Turbo problems
Hi just been rescued by the AA and they sat the turbo has gone blowing smoke like white and just looks like a disco smoke machine lol only need to find a turbo at the right price? Just been looking through the notes on the forum and it can suggest it might be something different but I don’t know about thing like this would like someone’s advice about this. Just had gearbox and new clutch Fitted at A&L and can’t thank them enough brilliant people and hope to be at the nano meet next Saturday
3rd of September think car will there before if they can fit it in depending if i can find a turbo cheap enough running low on funds now trying to keep this fantastic car running.
caravaman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 21:44   #2
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

sorry to hear this. i take it you have cleaned the egr valve changed the pcv filter ?only mine suffered from a bad smoking issue and these x2 items where the culprits.bear in mind it is quite rare allthough not unheard off for the m47r to suffer turbo failure.and the worst case senario if it has gone there are loads on the bay for around the £60 pound mark

Last edited by suffolk boy; 26th August 2011 at 21:55..
suffolk boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 21:55   #3
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

If --- the turbo has a problem, then you need to find out what caused it..

A blocked PCV is the most likely cause.....

I think a new turbo inc fitting would be about £800....

Ouchies innit...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 22:00   #4
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Also having a smoke problem, was it blowing all the time, or only while you were driving. Or only under boost ?

The other problem, is a blown turbo also blocks the cat. best to decat while the turbo is out.

Good luck.
Craig
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 21:04   #5
man of kent
Loves to post

75 tourer auto diesel

Agree it could be a blocked PCV filter. The engine has got to breath and the PCV filter does get choked with oil. I bought mine at 58k and the PCV filter was blocked solid. I changed it just in time. Its worth checking for a blockage in the filter say every 30k to make sure the engine is breathing. Some say change it at 30k.

Blocked PCV filters can cause all sorts of breathing problems and some very serious. Its one of those easily forgotten items and its important to keep them clean. Most garages dont bother or done know about them.

This applies to ALL engines. They gotta breath.
man of kent is offline   Reply With Quote