Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd June 2011, 22:03   #1
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

Default ££££££££

After telling everyone how wonderful my Rover 75 is,in the last couple off weeks it has kicked me in the nuts. New Trackrod end, new wishbone bushes, new rear break pipes new front discs and pads.
And just to crown it all the crankshaft pulley fell off to-day,lucky i am in the AA and have breakdown parts cover wish i hope they will honour.

So in the last couple off weeks it has cost me over £900.

Crankshaft pulley fell off my Vectra as well and i hated the car after that, hope i can forgive my 75.
buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:48   #2
mimbo
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 216 Coupe

Good luck
Hope nothing else goes wrong on your pride and joy

P.James (Member 6589 ) Nuts about the 75
mimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 00:25   #3
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Ouch

Be careful with the Breakdown parts cover, it will only cover what actually breaks. So in your case, they will only pay out for a Crankshaft Pulley, anything else that needs replacing as "a matter of course" will come out of your pocket.

In my case, my Slave cylinder went "pop" and spewed fluid all over my clutch ........ The cover only covered teh Cylinder and we had to replace the Clutch and Master cylinder out of our own pocket.

Also, they kinda have their own "Garages" - We had to go to a "Nationwide Garage", who fixed the car and didn't replace the trim correctly, oh and they also forgot to reconnect the Cruise control cut off switch on teh Clutch pedal, which left me with no Cruise control.

If it is any Consolation, my 75 has kicked me in the Nuts so many times, I feel neglected if it doesn't happy weekly
Old 3rd June 2011, 07:54   #4
daveb57
Loves to post

Mercedes Benz E 350 Coupe Peugeot 407 SW 1.9 HDI

Trouble is, our cars are all ageing now, some with some hefty mileages on them and like all things mechanical, no matter how good they are looked after, something will give in the end.

Looking at what you have had to replace, apart from the crankshaft pulley coming off, they appear to be things that have normal wear and tear associated with them. Thats not to say that i don't feel for you.

Mine has almost 57000, had to replace the cooling fan assembly last week. Was horrified at the price of a new fan motor from Rimmers, in excess of £400. Until now i have always fitted new parts to her. How can an electric motor be that expensive i don't know. Thanks to a post on here and . org and some very helpful replies from both sides, i got a secondhand 2 speed from a MG Rover breakers, uprated the resistor and fitted all for £105, job done. The week before, i had a £500 plumbers bill that i was not expecting. A car breaking down or going wrong as with anything else in life, never has a right time to come along and happen!!

I intend to run mine until it no longer viable or economical to repair anything that may go wrong. I'm sure that there will be a few good things yet that will need replacing, but with the help of forums such as this and Mr Haynes manual, i hope she will be on the road for a good few years to come yet.

Hope you get sorted soon,

Regards,

Dave.
daveb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:10   #5
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Mate i can sympathise. Spent dosh on belts and brake overhaul in last 8 months plus two diy services.

Btw did you check out the bbq in ni events?
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:06   #6
buchanan
Buchanan

Rover 75 connoisseur se ctdi Auto

Well a bit of good news new crankshaft pulley fitted, and i had a new belt fitted as well £46. The good old AA Parts Breakdown Paid for rest. Happy Days.

They only asked fro a copy off the MOT Certificate, car passed on 18th May, driving to Wigan next Friday then on to London on Sunday,so fingers crossed no more trouble.

Last edited by buchanan; 3rd June 2011 at 18:12..
buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote