Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th April 2011, 22:39   #11
RovingDennis
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT 135+ Club saloon, Wegwood Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john o View Post
Hi Dennis
I'm a member of the camping and caravan club and there is a cs just outside of Pickering, North Yorkshire right on the side of the North Yorks Railway Ive never used it my self but have walked past it on many occations looks idyllic if you like steam. Its on the road out of Pickering towards the trout farm
Thanks for the info john o. (Thought I had already replied.) I am in yorks in june for 2 weeks so will have a look while touring round. Will be doing the Harewood House meet as well.

Old 27th April 2011, 21:30   #12
mel12s

None at the moment

Default Two sites worth a visit

I can recommend two sites, Grassington, Yorks, and River Breamish, Nr Powburn, Northumberland (on the Wooler road travelling North from Newcastle). Both are Caravan Club sites but I think they will take non-members if pitches are available. They are of a high standard and well run. Book well in advance, particularly for Breamish.

Have been caravanning for 35 years but just bought a 75 CDT (03 Plate) and hope to take it on its first towing trip mid-May. My van's an elderly 1991/2 Elddis Tornado XL but dry and suits us. We are also elderly.
mel12s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 13:33   #13
RovingDennis
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT 135+ Club saloon, Wegwood Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel12s View Post
I can recommend two sites, Grassington, Yorks, and River Breamish, Nr Powburn, Northumberland (on the Wooler road travelling North from Newcastle). Both are Caravan Club sites but I think they will take non-members if pitches are available. They are of a high standard and well run. Book well in advance, particularly for Breamish.

Have been caravanning for 35 years but just bought a 75 CDT (03 Plate) and hope to take it on its first towing trip mid-May. My van's an elderly 1991/2 Elddis Tornado XL but dry and suits us. We are also elderly.
Thanks for this info. We are also CC members and have been for too many years to think about. Like you we are clocking up the years, I think I am the second oldest member on here (correct me if not) There is one other member that can give me 3 yrs who I believe is the oldest. I know Grassington very well but not the CC site, will have to look it up. Going to Yorks in June for 2 weeks and going to the Harewood House meeting. If you are going as well we might meet. Dennis.

Last edited by RovingDennis; 28th April 2011 at 13:36..
RovingDennis is offline   Reply With Quote