Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th February 2011, 12:43   #1
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Question Rover 45 - Upgrading front speakers

Hello all

Currently my 45 is fitted with the MG Rover standard slot loading head unit, front speakers with seperate tweeter and 2-way rears. The front speakers are standard oem fitment, the rears I changed for Alpine SXE 1725.

I would like to change the head unit for a H&B CA-5555 which I had fitted to my previous car, it plays CD/MP3 and has an SD slot & USB port, plus subwoofer and amplifier outputs. However it has been suggested by J1mbo that I change the front speakers.

So question is what do I change them for? Can I fit 2 or 3 way coaxials, would that work with existing tweeters or do I need to look at components, replacing the tweeters installed in the mounting pods? As for budget if I am likely to get a decent result then maybe up to £60 or more if I can get something better for a few £s extra. Recommendations are most welcome

I think the front speakers are 17cm/6.5", maybe someone here thats had a 45 can confirm?

I listen to various types of music, rock, metal, 90's dance, dubstep, drum & bass, all kinds....

It must also be said I have never fitted door speakers, so if the install can be as easy as possible it would help greatly. I'd like them to fit in the standard place behind the Rover grills. Electric windows are fitted.

For info I posted this over on .org, no response so far, you guys can do better i'm sure

Ian

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.

Last edited by v-man; 24th February 2011 at 12:46..
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 17:19   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

A quick easy upgrade, would be to fit HK speakers. They should be straight swap I understand.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote