Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd May 2007, 21:03   #11
crofts
I really should get out more.......

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Wink Toc

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly View Post
He is a great bloke, offered to make a one off panel for the lowline sat nav unit in mine, if I could get down there and let him measure it up. I still havent got around to doing this yet.
Hi welly. I have low line and bought my complete kit from TOC. The shadow sheet (and veneer sample) he sent had all the correct panels for mine.
Only thing I would suggest is to compare the 'wood' colour with your car in natural light. Remove the paper surround so you just have the veneer swatch. The colour changes are quite subtle so observe closely. (mine appeared to be an exact match but after fitting in the garage, where it looked ok, I took the car outside and the 'wood' colour is
slightly towards brown instead of quite red.
Ask Henry if he has enlarged the window switch veneers as they are slightly undersized and leave part of the black plastic exposed. As you may have seen, one member has put an adhesive chrome strip round to hide this but it should be unnecessary if made the right size. Otherwise the kit is excellent.
Perhaps you could print this off and show him. He used to give our club members a discount.http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ons/icon12.gif
Wink
crofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 22:05   #12
welly
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Auto Conn. SE Saloon

Hi Crofts

I got the full kit, but was not happy with the Lowline panel only covering the outer edges, unlike the AC Panel that is filled in all around the buttons. After inquiring about this, Henry said he could make me one that covered the whole fascia if I could get the car to him and let him take measurements.

I agree about the slight mis-match, but think its either the same as the Walnut Dash Company or an even better match.

I too think the window switch panels are too small but I dont think they would look completely right if they went to closer to the edge as you would still see the black plastic. Its a pity they cant make them formed to cover the whole switch plate though.

Please think about paying a subscription to the club.
Its only £3 afterall. Click the Paypal button at the top of the page.!!
welly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 04:38   #13
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

What we really need is for these companies to make the covers as replacement parts rather than as covers!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote