Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th May 2010, 09:43   #351
Begiorlegi
Kingdom of Navarre

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by para999 View Post
Hi

The latest units have RDS, so will show the station name you are listening to on FM as green text near the middle of the radio screen. If you have seen the many screenshots on this thread showing the radio screen, they show there are 6 presets on each screen (3 x FM plus AM) but they show the frequency number. Personally, I would have liked the presets to show the station name too, but that's not possible.

Regards

Gordon
What????
RDS does not show the presets station names! Well, this is a big disappointment. Have I to memorize, after preseting, 18 frequency numbers to know what station I'm tuning to? What a xxxx...
I'll send a PM to you tonight, Sean. Not sure about buying now.

Many thanks, para999.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:50   #352
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begiorlegi View Post
What????
RDS does not show the presets station names! Well, this is a big disappointment. Have I to memorize, after preseting, 18 frequency numbers to know what station I'm tuning to? What a xxxx...
I'll send a PM to you tonight, Sean. Not sure about buying now.

Many thanks, para999.
Its no different that having to push buttons 1-6 on the standard head units and pushing the band button to go onto the next 6 set of station buttons ECT. to find the preset stations

I don't know any head unit that does what you are asking for.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 12:53   #353
Radioguy
Banned

None

[quote=xion2000;526444]A few questions about the unit if an owner of one can help

2) Can the unit control a DAB addon box (the sort that can be fitted under a seat or mounted in the glove box).

No, It is not designed to interface with a DAB receiver. Not sure if it will play the stations via the AUX in but it certainly will NOT interface

6) Can the OEM CD Changer be used (VDO Dayton CHM604MP3). It is supposed to interface with the CD Changers but Normally the chinese units state SANYO protocol. To date I don't know of anyone that has interfaced it with the CD changer but With the SD cards , USB and IPOD interfaces, Not many people really care .
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:24   #354
dudepop
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8 club se

the head unit arrived today, fitted it quite easily in 10 mins, tunred it on main screen popped up, then i selected radio which worked well.
I then selected the navi button and iog8 loaded up quickly and worked well and had great signal strenghs.
The problem is i cant get of the sat nav screen back to main screen, all i get is the igo8 or sat nav setup!
If i press mode i get to choose music radio/sd card/video while the sat nav is on.
Noticed on the bottom of page 4 of the manual that you must reset the unit before you use it the first time or when the unit is confused, so i put the white plastic tip thingy into the rst hole but still no luck!

any idea guys?
dudepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:32   #355
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudepop View Post
the head unit arrived today, fitted it quite easily in 10 mins, tunred it on main screen popped up, then i selected radio which worked well.
I then selected the navi button and iog8 loaded up quickly and worked well and had great signal strenghs.
The problem is i cant get of the sat nav screen back to main screen, all i get is the igo8 or sat nav setup!
If i press mode i get to choose music radio/sd card/video while the sat nav is on.
Noticed on the bottom of page 4 of the manual that you must reset the unit before you use it the first time or when the unit is confused, so i put the white plastic tip thingy into the rst hole but still no luck!

any idea guys?
Greg, what do you class as the main screen? if you want to go back to the radio, IPOD ECT ECT you just quickly press the power button at the top left of the unit. it should then keep the SAT NAV running but you will then be able to use the mode button to scroll through the options.

If you need any help PM me with your telephone number and I will phone you.

Membership No 135
Old 20th May 2010, 16:11   #356
stux99
Posted a thing or two

MG3/TF Spark/ MGTF Steppy/ MG GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
Greg, what do you class as the main screen? if you want to go back to the radio, IPOD ECT ECT you just quickly press the power button at the top left of the unit. it should then keep the SAT NAV running but you will then be able to use the mode button to scroll through the options.

If you need any help PM me with your telephone number and I will phone you.

That one had me for a while when first setting up
Old 20th May 2010, 17:34   #357
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by para999 View Post
Hi

The latest units have RDS, so will show the station name you are listening to on FM as green text near the middle of the radio screen. If you have seen the many screenshots on this thread showing the radio screen, they show there are 6 presets on each screen (3 x FM plus AM) but they show the frequency number. Personally, I would have liked the presets to show the station name too, but that's not possible.

Regards

Gordon

Is the Alternate frequency part of RDS working? I mean how it changes to the strongest frequency for the same station like the symphony does?
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 17:37   #358
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
Is the Alternate frequency part of RDS working? I mean how it changes to the strongest frequency for the same station like the symphony does?
Hi David, it does on mine, I listen to Heart 106.2 whilst around London, I did noticed it changed when I went to Birmingham.

Membership No 135
Old 20th May 2010, 21:39   #359
para999
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Hi David, it does on mine, I listen to Heart 106.2 whilst around London, I did noticed it changed when I went to Birmingham.

I travel round the country a fair bit and start off with North Devon's Heart on 96.2 FM. I have to manually change to other Heart stations when I go through Somerset/Bristol/Midlands/London etc.

Not sure how it locates the strongest Heart signal...maybe it's a setting I haven't found yet!
para999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 22:33   #360
Begiorlegi
Kingdom of Navarre

Rover 75

Quote:
Its no different that having to push buttons 1-6 on the standard head units and pushing the band button to go onto the next 6 set of station buttons ECT. to find the preset stations

I don't know any head unit that does what you are asking for.
Well, Tony, my english is not very good, and maybe I am wrong.
What I want is just the same that my Symphony does. If I have 12 preset stations and I don't remember where is BBC1, I push buttons 1-2-3... until its name appears in the screen. If I can only see the frequency number I dunno what I'm tuning, and does not seem very helpful to preset anything. Of course I can memorize 4 or 5 frequencies, but.... 18?

So, the question is, if I push button number 4 (preset station) thinking it's BBC1, what I'm gonna see, only the number frequency or/and the name of the station?

Thanks for your help.