Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Let me join the queue of well wishers
Oh yes, me too.

Quote:
And me struggling to get 1 thou. We will endevour to keep the Crimea out of it
I'm sure you'll get there.

Do you remember how cold it was doing stag duty on Hadrian's wall? Oh no, I'm back to the Scottish climate now!
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 19:04   #32
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

If I'd played my cards right I could have made two posts instead combining my replies in the last one. Oh well, never mind.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:09   #33
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
Sorry, can't help it.

We had those as well. Horses, not long blond hair, that is. Only for polo by that time though.
We had a pony, the Reg mascot. Always thought it looked a bit stupid. It was like a large dog. Don´t think anyone would want to ride around on that with a spear to the tunes of - Ride of the Valkyies-.

Trying to look the part (bored stiff) on stag on the roof of the bakery, Shankill 1970

Last edited by Roverowner; 17th August 2011 at 18:01..
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 19:25   #34
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
We had a pony, the Reg mascot. Always thought it looked a bit stupid. It was like a large dog. Don´t think anyone would want to ride around on that with a spear to the tunes of - Ride of the Valkyies-.
Our Drum Horse, Crusader, was the mascot. Looked about the size of a house when you stood next to it.

Quote:
Trying to look the part (bored stiff) on stag on the roof of the bakery, Shankill 1970
The trusty old SLR, doubled as a crutch when necessary. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:38   #35
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Crusader sounds more the part The pony we had was supposed to be Pegasus but it was a bit tame. Didn´t have any wings and they certainly didn´t chuck it out the back of a Hurc

The SLR was too long for us, cumbersome, but it was sturdy and packed a punch. I´ve seen the result of one round to the chest. And a round that shattered a femur. I think the latest rifle is a better idea but they say it jams quite a lot. Good idea having the mag behind the pistol grip/trigger. Means a shorter weapon but still a long barrel. Should have been 7.62 like the GPMG. That was my favourite, accurate, single or double taps and you could soon clear a space with it
Old 1st February 2010, 20:04   #36
baggie9
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar s Type

Well done.
baggie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 20:04   #37
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Should have been 7.62 like the GPMG. That was my favourite, accurate, single or double taps and you could soon clear a space with it
Yep, just wave one around a bit and you wouldn't see anyone for miles, and that was just your own lot.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:16   #38
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Scenario:

Bloke stood on stag outside the main gate in the part of a town which will remain nameless. A crowd of old biddies and -other-people- appoach banging dustbinlids and chucking last weeks left overs (including a few bricks and some of the products from the ballbearing factory). The wee little jock (who I was in JPC with and apparently became an RSM before he finished), puts half a liner into the walls above their heads. When the dust has settled slightly and the old dears have legged it, little Jimmie sees a bloke in the middle of the road, on one knee, trying like blazes to get the jammed round out of his Simonov. The rest is water under the bridge and Jimmie was severly told off
Old 1st February 2010, 20:24   #39
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Scenario:

Bloke stood on stag outside the main gate in the part of a town which will remain nameless. A crowd of old biddies and -other-people- appoach banging dustbinlids and chucking last weeks left overs (including a few bricks and some of the products from the ballbearing factory). The wee little jock (who I was in JPC with and apparently became an RSM before he finished), puts half a liner into the walls above their heads. When the dust has settled slightly and the old dears have legged it, little Jimmie sees a bloke in the middle of the road, on one knee, trying like blazes to get the jammed round out of his Simonov. The rest is water under the bridge and Jimmie was severly told off
You lot always did take things far too seriously. The Friday/Saturday night baseball was a lot more fun.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:34   #40
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Oh no my son, great fan of softball. We used to combine it with the monthly ugly contest which comenced from the public bar of the -Prinnie- in Aldershot. (ask Windrush - he probably knows where it is (was))