Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th September 2009, 00:19   #1
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Default back box replacement

hi a whilst ago i posted a thread regards rusting exhaust strap. I have now thought of getting the backbox changed. im going for the powerflow one and i can pick the tailpipe of my choice. the questions i have is

1 when getting the backbox and tailpipe put on is any welding going to be taking place?
2.because if there is then i believe the battery should be disconnected is this true?
3.if i disconnect battery without shutting down the satnav im sure it will be knackered right?

therefore i was thinking before i go tommorow to get the exahaust i should shutdown satnav then disconnect battery then perhasp remove the satnav fuse then connect battery back up. Therefore satnav should not be on and cannot be damaged. once exhaust on then disconnect battery and replace the fuse. is this a good idea or bad?i just dont wanna mess anything up.

4. where is the satnav fuse? or is there any other easy way of disconnecting it?

5. your opinions please on the tailpipe its the 5th one down one the right hand side its called v. there are 2 called v but its the one on right hand column NOT the left hand column
http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/products/tail-pipes/

thanks for your time and input in advance
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 06:12   #2
tazman3
Posted a thing or two

Mercedes C200

thats the exact same tailpipe i have mate but i got mine fitted at longlife exhausts...they use a better quality of stainless steel also.

yes loads of welding my cat back system took four hours on the ZT and was Tig welded. not sure about battery disconnection as he put some fandangled leads on my battery before he started welding no problems at all from the car after..

Martin
tazman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 19:34   #3
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

should have my stainless steel backbox on next week,opted for the standard system .they have done away with the strap and i have slightly longer twin tail pipes so the silencer and pipes can be seen.
it is being fabricated in three pieces with a lifetime guarantee
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 01:48   #4
prits_uk2002
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

i spoke to them proior they advise dont worry we use surge protctors and there was no problem at all i have lifetime garantee aswell it cost £200 took just less than 2hrs to fit. Its sounds alot deeper though now mayb it will grow on me and hopefully with time it should lose that shiney finish on the inside and look part of the car thanks for for advise guys
prits_uk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote