Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th June 2009, 21:38   #1
. hammer
Steve

Rover 75 CDT Auto Conn Tourer

Default More than just elegant

The many postings on this site are proof that we all love to wax lyrical about the good looks of the 75/ZT...... a veritable phoenix that rose from the the ashes of the struggling Austin-Rover (I know... I was selling them in those days!).... a car whose classic retro-styling more than matched that of Ford's efforts in the Jag department. It seemed the old stalwart of the British motor industry was re-creating those halcyon days......
Well, I've got something to add on a practical note:-
What about collecting a pine Welsh dresser from a nearby furniture dealer... driving 70 miles to the only D.I.Y. store that had those full-height mirror doors at the right price so you could build that wardrobe the wife "needed" so desperately..... bringing home all those paving slabs for the new patio.....or taking all that rubble and waste down to the local tip after a garden makeover (with the loadspace liner in place, of course!) ....
Bear with me - I'm getting to the point. My 75 Tourer is, of course, the epitome of elegance, but it's also a wonderful workhorse. Saved me hundreds of pounds in delivery charges etc..... turned otherwise impossible purchases into bargains.... and kept the other love of my life very happy!
I can't be the only one who sees the Tourer as a "best of both worlds" option, so it would be interesting to hear from other members who think their 75/ZT has given them that "bit extra". What's the largest or weirdest load you carried in yours? I'm sure there are a few saloon owners with interesting tales too!
. hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 08:10   #2
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Nothing unusual in mine, just a slight frustration. My Bass guitar, in its hard case, won't go in the saloon's boot. So it has to take up the rear seat.
Old 8th June 2009, 08:47   #3
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by . hammer View Post
The many postings on this site are proof that we all love to wax lyrical about the good looks of the 75/ZT...... a veritable phoenix that rose from the the ashes of the struggling Austin-Rover (I know... I was selling them in those days!).... a car whose classic retro-styling more than matched that of Ford's efforts in the Jag department. It seemed the old stalwart of the British motor industry was re-creating those halcyon days......
Well, I've got something to add on a practical note:-
What about collecting a pine Welsh dresser from a nearby furniture dealer... driving 70 miles to the only D.I.Y. store that had those full-height mirror doors at the right price so you could build that wardrobe the wife "needed" so desperately..... bringing home all those paving slabs for the new patio.....or taking all that rubble and waste down to the local tip after a garden makeover (with the loadspace liner in place, of course!) ....
Bear with me - I'm getting to the point. My 75 Tourer is, of course, the epitome of elegance, but it's also a wonderful workhorse. Saved me hundreds of pounds in delivery charges etc..... turned otherwise impossible purchases into bargains.... and kept the other love of my life very happy!
I can't be the only one who sees the Tourer as a "best of both worlds" option, so it would be interesting to hear from other members who think their 75/ZT has given them that "bit extra". What's the largest or weirdest load you carried in yours? I'm sure there are a few saloon owners with interesting tales too!
Totally agree! And the opening rear window. Great for just putting a few items in the back!
Have a trailer and the 75 is brilliant with it. Would rekommend the diesel tourer to any-one!:lol:Alan
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 19:07   #4
. hammer
Steve

Rover 75 CDT Auto Conn Tourer

Bax - if it's any consolation.... my Strat won't lay flat in the the luggage compartment of the Tourer either!!!!! Bit of a dichotomy there!
Roverowner - you're spot on! It's a great feature... but it took me some time to remember the facility was there!
. hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 09:56   #5
W953 BJX
Loves to post

1953 and 1955 series 1 landrovers, two series 3 landrovers, range rover, rover 75 saloon

my rifles and two of my shotguns won't fit in the boot of my saloon, so they have to go on the back seat, I once collected a 60 litre biorb fishtank and that wouldnt go in the boot, or fit in the rear door opening, so I had to go home and swap cars!
W953 BJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 16:20   #6
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Largest and wierdest load? That would be the wife. I didn't mean it dear

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 16:28   #7
Duotone
This is my second home

Complete front bumper in my saloon, tight fit, but got it home without any scratches..

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 17:39   #8
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Goody View Post
Largest and wierdest load? That would be the wife. I didn't mean it dear
Tempting fate
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 17:58   #9
payner75t
Gets stuck in

Saab 900 convertible,Ford Mondeo zetec tdci

snooker table in my saloon(admitidaly only a boxed 4 ft one)!!!
payner75t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 18:01   #10
ampwhu
Loves to post

Looking for a tourer

i've got to pick up an old antique rocking chair this weekend and doubt it'll fit in the boot, back seat or front seat. i'll have to use a catapult i guess
ampwhu is offline   Reply With Quote