Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2009, 12:05   #21
Departed
Retired

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiT View Post
Wow guys - some very passionate owners it seems and a huge wealth of information!! Firstly thanks very much for all the replies and opinions, in the past i have had mixed results using owners forums but this is very refreshing.

I guess most people will feel that if i am not doing much mileage then the V6 for pure driving pleasure is the one to have and having read the replies i think i have convinced myself that perhaps this is the most suitable one.

I have actually found what for me is the perfect ZT T on Autotrader so i just need to shift my SAAB which i am hoping in weather like this shouldn't take long........

Sounds like the towing aspect should be a breeze really reading about the member who has been towing his twin axle caravan around for sometime so thats reassuring. On this note does anybody know if there is a removable bar available for the ZT-T??

It sounds from what people have said that even on the 100k cars there is nothing i need to specifically look for, all the usual things go without saying but ZT-T specific then its all good.

Do the V6 engines get noisy at higher miles does anyone know and are there any of the dreaded head gasket problems with this engine??

Thankks again people much appreciated for the all the info.

Si

Yes there are a variety of fixed and detcachables.

Beware of one seller on fleabay showing a picture of a witter detacheable, which is diufferent to the real thing. He shows a one type, you will get a Stowbar which has more left below the bumper than seen in his pictures.

Xpart do there own, too which will be made by one of the big names of course. Used to be Brink for older models, but don't know for the 75.

My V6 isn't noisy, although in the winter had a couple of times when it was a little tappetty. This has gone away again now. Head gaskets happen but usually because of a cooling system failure and are relatively rare, certainly not like the K 1.8s.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote