Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st July 2024, 12:07   #1
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, Astra Techline Estate and Corsa 1.2 SXI

Default Trikey's car for sale

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=328432

The above is my old car that I owned from when it was around 15 months old. We purchased it from Edmondson the Rover dealership in Ipswich which was later taken over by John Grose of Woodbridge. It was my limited use R75 in addition to the other R75 which was our daily drive as well as a daily R45. From memory we paid over £10k for it at the time. It was my "Sunday Best" car and my pride and joy. One day the crank sensor played intermittently and I parked it up thinking i'll get around to fitting a new one. Terry Shaw (tsauto) even gave me a replacement sensor on one of my visits to him in the other R75. Nine years later I still hadn't got around to fitting it!

Last year it was saved by Andy and when it left my home on his trailer, I have to say I had thoughts about how I could possibly let it go but we had an agreement.

The car had 6-monthly oil changes whilst it was in use with Millers XF Premium 5W40 fully synthetic oil and drove beautifully. Anything that needed doing was always done. It never had any advisories. Failed the MOT once when I had put in new headlamp bulbs prior to the MOT with cold fingers and hadn't seated the bulbs properly. So failed on incorrect aim which the MOT mechanic addressed and it passed advisory free.

It is absolutely genuine, never had HGF and would make a great car that should last a very long time. It deserves a car loving, chino wearing, owner. I am almost tempted myself after Andy's great work except for the fact that I already have too many cars including an XF-S which is now the "Sunday Best".

My thought on Andy's advert - he is asking too little money for this beautiful car!

I hope this bit of history provides useful input on the car.

P.S I just showed Andy's advert to the wife who instantly said "why don't we buy it off Andy?". In its glory days the car used to sit on the drive in front of our 550-year old house so was a perfect complement in terms of the British heritage and rather striking with the house in Suffolk Pink as background. But that spot has been taken by the XF-S and I have to be sensible for a change as it will just sit here alongside our other cars not getting enough use.

Andy, if you so wish, feel free to include the above text or a link to it as an addition to your advert.

Last edited by MSS; 2nd July 2024 at 09:35..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2024, 12:11   #2
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Does look a really nice low miles example for sure,and fully recommisioned too.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2024, 19:19   #3
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Agreed, it looks gorgeous. I’d snap it up if I needed it. However my ZT is about the same mileage, so should have plenty of life on it yet. Good work Trikey! 👏
Old 2nd July 2024, 09:16   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Thanks for the words Maninder, I would love to keep this one as I don't remember one that drives this well.

Unfortunately with my gold diesel, tf, v8, and trike it would probably just sit there gathering dust, and it needs to be used after it's long holiday 😆

Sent from my SM-S711B using Tapatalk
Old 2nd July 2024, 23:05   #5
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, Astra Techline Estate and Corsa 1.2 SXI

Likewise Andy, we'd love to have it back but as you've seen we have too many cars and the bike which are already not getting enough use.

Hopefully someone will really appreciate and use it as much as possible.