Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th June 2024, 07:38   #1
Bob Walker
Loves to post

MGZT

Default FBH-advice for a Rover 75 auto

Good morning everyone,
Being new to Rover 75 Diesels, I have read about FBH. Firstly, is it a modification worth doing? Is it an easy DIY job? If the answer is yes, what parts do I need? I have read somewhere that you can switch them on remotely, what parts are needed to do this?
I look forward to hearing any advice anyone may have and very best wishes,
Bob
PS
Never thought I would get used to an automatic diesel, so smooth and quiet, even Jackie likes it!!

Last edited by Bob Walker; 11th June 2024 at 07:50.. Reason: Typo
Bob Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2024, 08:27   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

yes worth doing, good for the car, good for those in it.
yes it is a DIY fit
Yes you can turn them on remotely and via a cheat, their standard operation is to come on when the car starts and it is less then 5 degrees?. There is a proper kit for turning them on but these can be hard to get. There is a web site that I cant recall but someone will advise where you can buy a kit that will let you turn it on and off by text. You can also set this kit up to turn the cabin fan on as well.
As for the cheat, depending on what model you get, it is plug and play but the cheat is to connect a wire to one of the pins that you can manually earth to turn the fbh on, just remove the earth once you have started the car.

You will need the dozing pump, the bracket is two part plus 2 rubbers, this fits just in front of the off side rear wheel. If you look under the car you will or should see part of the bracket but these do rust badly. You will also need the correct model webasto FBH and exhaust pipe.

The plugs for the webasto are tucked out of the way to the near side of the battery, you may need to feel around for them under the wing. Two plugs, one is normally in a plastic bag.
The fuel pipe is under the fuel filter area, you need to look around for that.
There is another plug under a metal plate under the rear seat, you need to thread this down to the pump.

Now the bad news, the club is now without anyone that fixes these. The PCB's have a habit of failing but outside of the club there are people that can fix them.

agh I forgot, you can get a simple remote that connects to the + and - of the battery and to the pin mentioned above, once activated the pin is earthed.

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 11th June 2024 at 08:38..
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2024, 08:47   #3
Bob Walker
Loves to post

MGZT

Default FBH Exhaust pipe

Dear Macafee
I have noticed that some FBH on offer have a silencer on the exhaust pipe and other just have a straight pipe.
Will a Freelander FBH fit a Rover 75? Do I need additional hoses to connect the system up?
So many questions!
Best wishes
Bob
Old 11th June 2024, 10:57   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Walker View Post
Dear Macafee
I have noticed that some FBH on offer have a silencer on the exhaust pipe and other just have a straight pipe.
Will a Freelander FBH fit a Rover 75? Do I need additional hoses to connect the system up?
So many questions!
Best wishes
Bob
Hi Bob, no idea if they will fit but the silencer is not required, a straight through exhaust pipe is good enough. If you manage to get an exhaust with a silencer, that may be a bonus
It does sound a bit like a jet engine. Don't park it on grass, it will burn the grass. They are not loud

If you look at your water hoses you may see some "gold" lines on them, these are the cut lines when you fit the FBH.
You wont need extra hoses, just perhaps a couple of jubilee clips.

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 11th June 2024 at 11:00..
Old 11th June 2024, 11:01   #5
Bob Walker
Loves to post

MGZT

Default Thank you!

Many thanks for all the advice.
Bob
I like a challenge, just need to find someone who can fix a PCB in case I get a 'duff' one!
Old 11th June 2024, 12:58   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Walker View Post
Many thanks for all the advice.
Bob
I like a challenge, just need to find someone who can fix a PCB in case I get a 'duff' one!
Message the guy that used to do them, Devilish. He may be able to help or point you to who can

macafee2
Old 11th June 2024, 13:11   #7
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

I have the GSM text activation fitted. Installed behind the drivers cup holder blank.
Purchased from here:

-> https://www.gsm-uk.net/shop-2 <-
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote