Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd June 2024, 07:17   #161
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

No liquorice have passed my lips since about the 20th April. My internal system has basically recovered back to how I was before my fall. But I have also changed my diet a bit. Eating home prepared fruit salads that I can eat with my cereal of a morning. Restricting myself to the occasional bacon sandwich. Cut the alcohol out completely, not just cut down, but stopped.

No snacking during the day, if I have the munchie’s then some of my fruit salad. The ankle occasionally complains but I do rest it. My neighbours are still keeping an eye on me and I do get nagged from time to time. So all in all everything is on track.

Many thanks for the kind comments.

234,320. Got 2 long distance trips coming up.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2024, 13:02   #162
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
No liquorice have passed my lips since about the 20th April. My internal system has basically recovered back to how I was before my fall. But I have also changed my diet a bit. Eating home prepared fruit salads that I can eat with my cereal of a morning. Restricting myself to the occasional bacon sandwich. Cut the alcohol out completely, not just cut down, but stopped.

No snacking during the day, if I have the munchie’s then some of my fruit salad. The ankle occasionally complains but I do rest it. My neighbours are still keeping an eye on me and I do get nagged from time to time. So all in all everything is on track.

Many thanks for the kind comments.
You have done well Bob and so have your helpers in getting you through your recovery from the fall. One of your challenges with the diet will be sitting down at a breakfast meet when everyone else at the meet is having the full English a slap up. You are still healing, so remember not to overdo yourself.

After having my stomach removed in 2022, the stomach was replaced but what went back in took the appetite away, so it’s not so difficult managing with smaller meals at the meets. I can’t cope with a big meal anymore and the stomach learns to cope with less. I rarely drink alcohol and do not miss it.

I expect you have a contingency worked out when you are going out for a meal

Keep us posted.

Thank you for thanking your well wishers.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2024, 13:46   #163
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Meals are equalled balanced. If it’s a breakfast meet then I’m happy with either sausage or a bacon sandwich. I only drink black coffee or tea. I avoid all dairy products that includes cake, biscuits and pies. I have been eating, and enjoying, plant based cheese slices. Gluten free products I will buy but only after I have studied the ingredients list.

I eat fresh nuts, sometimes mix them into a salad. Plus I will add fresh fruit to a salad, this I cut with a plastic knife. Metal knives will turn fruit brown very quickly. I could soak the fruit in lemon juice but that has a tendency to alter the tast. All tablets are washed down with warm water. No coffee is drunk after Noon. Either caffeinated or decaffeinated. I sometimes drink herbal tea but avoid peppermint.

No longer eat breaded or battered fish. But will eat plain fish and chips. I will have the occasional kipper or smoked mackerel. But have to be careful about the oil in these fishes. I cannot eat lobster or crab, as they will bring me out in a peculiar rash. The rash starts at my wrist and fades away by the time it reaches my elbows. I cannot take penicillin as it reacts with the lobster/crab meat.

Other than that everything else ok if taken in small amounts. I occasionally have a nice piece of steak, once upon time I would eat that 3 times a week. Now once a fortnight.
My walking buddy, Marian, isn’t able to walk so far these days as she has her own health issues but at least once a week she will make me go for a long walk. We generally head for Waterside here in Saltash. We park under the bridge and walk up to the yacht club then back past the car and up to Brunel Green and back to the car. We either then pop into the Ashtorre social centre for a coffee or we will go back to Marian’s house for a drink of tea or coffee.

Sometimes we go to Saltram house and do a lap around the house, but that takes the stuffing out of her so we only go about halfway round.

All in all I feel better in myself physically and mentally. My fall drained my mental state and at times I had to hide my depression from others. But the ladies from HomeFirst were quick to catch on. After all they have seen it all before. If after visiting me they saw one of my neighbours then they would ask them to spread the word and that’s why sometimes I would get lots of visitors. I have only just found this out. Confirmed by 3 neighbours. And only this week.

I trust Jessica and yourself are coping well with life Phil. Hopefully the next time you are over we can meet up. Till then take care, and thanks for checking up on me.

234,320. Got 2 long distance trips coming up.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2024, 09:17   #164
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Onwards and upwards
What, so soon again?

Give the little fella a break and time to recover.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote