Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th May 2024, 21:34   #1
Vantheman
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Diesel Hydramount - current wisdom?

Hi. My hydramount is leaking so I've been reading up on here and looking at suppliers and found there are different types, although I now can't find the thread where there were photos (possibly Arctic's?) showing a difference in height.

I gather that: Diesels should have KKB101923 and V6s should have KKB101914. Everyone sells KKB101914 as a "one size fits all" but the diesel one should have a shorter body as it goes in the extra cup?

Have I got this right - the Freelander one KKB103180 / KKB103360 is the right length for a diesel, but the thread is longer and needs cutting down. One of these is for auto and one is manual, so I wonder what the differenc is.

I can get the Freelander one from a LR supplier. I'm inclined to do that and saw the thread down as I think I'd rather have one where the body is the right length than one where it is longer.

Does this make sense? The threads I have seen are all a few years old, so presumably there has been no new thinking in this area.
Cheers
Van

Last edited by Vantheman; 27th May 2024 at 21:51..
Vantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2024, 23:02   #2
ceetdm
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Manual Saloon + Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

I have recently replaced the hydramount on both of my diesels. On my automatic (lhd) I used the standard one size fits all from E-car Parts, Sandy and although the body of the mount is longer, when fitted it has behaved very well and did decrease the vibration when idling.
On the manual I fitted the freelander version. However, and this is the most important point I want to make, the vibration increased at idiling and there is a more noticeable resonance up until 60mph.
My plan is to replace the freelander mount soon, I have already purchased another one size fits all from E-car Parts (via ebay).

The body length of the 'one size fits all' was measured at 6mm longer than the original one that came off my manual (which had been leaking).

Based on my own experience I would say do not fit the freelander hydramount.

Tommy :-)

Last edited by ceetdm; 28th May 2024 at 08:00.. Reason: Mistake regarding freelander engine mount body length
ceetdm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2024, 23:06   #3
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantheman View Post
Hi. My hydramount is leaking so I've been reading up on here and looking at suppliers and found there are different types, although I now can't find the thread where there were photos (possibly Arctic's?) showing a difference in height.

I gather that: Diesels should have KKB101923 and V6s should have KKB101914. Everyone sells KKB101914 as a "one size fits all" but the diesel one should have a shorter body as it goes in the extra cup?

Have I got this right -
Quote:
the Freelander one KKB103180 / KKB103360 is the right length for a diesel, but the thread is longer and needs cutting down. One of these is for auto and one is manual, so I wonder what the differenc is.
Quote:
I can get the Freelander one from a LR supplier. I'm inclined to do that and saw the thread down as I think I'd rather have one where the body is the right length than one where it is longer.

Does this make sense? The threads I have seen are all a few years old, so presumably there has been no new thinking in this area.
Cheers
Van
The answer to both outlined above is yes, and that is what i did when i had my tourer used a LandRover Freelander 1 and cut down the thread,

MG one
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-KKB101914

This will do the same job.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272730760...d=EB222905578&

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 27th May 2024 at 23:15..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2024, 12:37   #4
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
As an aside, why is this called a 'hydramount'? It looks to be a (synthetic) rubber shock absorber.
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2024, 13:08   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearton View Post
As an aside, why is this called a 'hydramount'? It looks to be a (synthetic) rubber shock absorber.
You'll see when it starts to leak 😁

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2024, 06:58   #6
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearton View Post
There is glycol encased in it to give better vibration damping.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote