Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd November 2014, 07:38   #11
Kiltman
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTi 135 / Rover 75 Club SE 160

I am 6'3" and as others have said find the 75 / ZT the most comfortable car I have ever driven. Don't forget to factor in adjusting the steering wheel in to finding the best position (I have mine fully extended and as high as possible to stop me reaching for it). As Pab has said the only thing I sometimes find restrictive is the pedal area if wearing big boots.
Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 10:32   #12
d_a_n1979
Banned

2004 MG ZT-T 190+

I'm 6ft 4, 36" inside leg and 22stone and I've no issues

Yes it's smaller than my BMW E38 was but still; the seat isnt all the way back but it is all the way down and the back is raked fairly steeply upwards and not back

I've got the steering wheel all the way up and its out towards me about an inch from the stopper

I've no sunroof so plenty of headroom...
d_a_n1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2023, 09:24   #13
CharlieCavalier1992

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T

Default Very late to the party, but....

I have only had the rover for a month or so and i find the seat adjustment NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-

i am 6'5" and my left leg rubs on the centre consol, by the time i get to work my knee is killing me.

the seat adjustment just doesn't make sense to me - its all the way back and the only way to get more back is to lower it but then i look like a 18 year old gangster in a 3 series BMW

and its almost impossible to gradually lower the seat as its either down or up

Do the electric seats go back further? is the adjsutment easier? Can they be retro fitted to a lowly club SE ?
CharlieCavalier1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2023, 12:57   #14
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

I'm a shorty so can't really comment on your particular problem but I believe electric seats with/without memory have the same range of adjustment; have you looked at the handbook?
The 'forward/back' adjustment is on a pair of long linear slide rails and provides for adequate long-legged room plus a primary 'reach' to the steering wheel. The seat base has a tilt facility so it 'rocks' up and down adjusting the support pressure/position (the height of the front of the seat base) you prefer underneath your thighs (and partially the 'reach' to the steering wheel). The back has a very wide range rake angle adjustment for mainly the preferred lean/angle of the drivers lumbar (lower back) and again, this position also affects the reach to the steering wheel.
I also find my left knee rests up against the side of the centre console but doesn't give me any problems, in fact I think it's quite supportive.
Addendum: Forgot to mention the manual lumbar 'bulge' adjustment in the seat back, last thing to set once you've got your legs and arms sorted out.

Last edited by rab60bit; 29th November 2023 at 16:30..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2023, 13:16   #15
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCavalier1992 View Post
I have only had the rover for a month or so and i find the seat adjustment NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-

i am 6'5" and my left leg rubs on the centre consol, by the time i get to work my knee is killing me.

the seat adjustment just doesn't make sense to me - its all the way back and the only way to get more back is to lower it but then i look like a 18 year old gangster in a 3 series BMW

and its almost impossible to gradually lower the seat as its either down or up

Do the electric seats go back further? is the adjsutment easier? Can they be retro fitted to a lowly club SE ?
I'm about 6'3", so not quite got the same issues.
My ZT has got manual seats and I found that you need to control the 'rate of descent' of the seat with your legs, otherwise it's either high or low.
Having now got a ZT-T with full electric/memory seats (plus sunroof), the range of movement is the same, but obviously you have finer control because of the motors are doing the work for you.
Upside of having the seat on the floor - I don't bang may head getting in. Downside is I do look like Billy bad boy in his Corsa but also it's a pain in the a**e to get out and I need winching!
Old 29th November 2023, 20:21   #16
FantasticMrFish
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

6ft6 here, seat is all the way to the floor for me but not quite all the way back and that allows the leg to rest against the console in a sort of comfortable position. Done several 6hr+ trips with this setup and no problems. I have electric seats which do allow for fine tuning as mentioned above.

Shaun

Sent from my Note 16 Pro using Tapatalk
FantasticMrFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2023, 08:21   #17
CharlieCavalier1992

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T

thanks all

i think i will just have to try and get used to it - i had the same issues with the Leaf (dont judge) but as no clutch you can put the left leg in other places and i would think that long Motorway/a road drives wont be as bad as city driving (the sole reason i have the car)

Have a 250 mile round trip the weekend so we will see

ps i cant have the seat all the way to the floor as i will look like a 90 year old trying to get up and out!
Old 30th November 2023, 12:11   #18
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
thanks all

i think i will just have to try and get used to it - i had the same issues with the Leaf (dont judge) but as no clutch you can put the left leg in other places and i would think that long Motorway/a road drives wont be as bad as city driving (the sole reason i have the car)

Have a 250 mile round trip the weekend so we will see

ps i cant have the seat all the way to the floor as i will look like a 90 year old trying to get up and out!
Sounds like you don't have it but cruise control can be retrofitted (don't ask me how, mine came fitted and I love using it).
Old 30th November 2023, 17:44   #19
CharlieCavalier1992

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T

yeah no cruise control on any of my cars and i do miss it, but its the town driving that is the main problem.

I only got the car as i knew the owner, it was cheap and i needed a ULEZ car

Ideally i would have got a tourer auto, but i wasn't really looking for a rover

I know someone who can retro fit a new system but on a previous car it was £600 and i only paid 700 for the car!
Old 30th November 2023, 18:14   #20
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
yeah no cruise control on any of my cars and i do miss it, but its the town driving that is the main problem.

I only got the car as i knew the owner, it was cheap and i needed a ULEZ car

Ideally i would have got a tourer auto, but i wasn't really looking for a rover

I know someone who can retro fit a new system but on a previous car it was £600 and i only paid 700 for the car!
From time to time you see adverts for all the bespoke Rover bits for relatively very few £s but DIY makes it worthwhile if you really need it.